New forum rule - no animated signatures

2»

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Mathonwy said:
    sarapis why ;_;

Just what in the hell do you think you're doing?

• edited May 2014

Say it isn't so! I so enjoyed my animated gif signature of full-movie-length Star Wars Episodes 4, 5, and 6! There is a void in my life now, so dark and empty that three lifetimes of achievements cannot hope to fill it.

• BluefBluef Delos
    Kresslack said:

My were usually humerous and witty, but I guess people using gianormous ones gets annoying, especially when they stack them on top of each other. Looking at you, @Bluef.

I haven't used that signature in over six months, @Kresslack, so I sincerely doubt evil Lady Gaga had anything to do with this new rule. Although she will be missed (then again, I could just un-animate her). 

My new signature also already complies with the 200 pixel rule. I'm ahead of the curve! Wheeeee!

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Will miss @Nemutaur and @Jurixe sigs the most, can spend hours watching them :(

Also please fix forums. Not bring able to tag on a phone is dumb, the quoting was bad enough.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kresslack said:
    Mathonwy said:
    sarapis why ;_;

Just what in the hell do you think you're doing?

JUST BE COOL KRESSLACK DAMN

Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • When my connection is slow (it used to be slow all the time, now it's evolved to being slow some of the time) animated signatures can be a huge drag on load time.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    > @Nim said:
    > While I agreed with the limit on signature size, I feel this change is a significant reduction of forum quality. :c

I don't feel the quality of discussion on a discussion forum is determined by signatures in any significant capacity.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Signatures are, by their nature, almost never relevant to the discussion at hand, since they are indiscriminately included in every post made by the user, including retroactively.