Vitals Script

I prefer using Mudlet rather than the website but need some basic scripts.  I am looking for a vitals script that I may download.  I do not have any coding experience and browsed the forums for information.  An example of what I had found is:

The link is a perfect example of someone needing help and basically is told they must learn coding.  I've spent more time learning how to code my chat and map than I had to learn the game which I am very slowly.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Comments

• LadrunLadrun Montana

Is this what you are looking for Faaron?

http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=981

• Thanks, it's alot to it, I just wanted the basics, but at lease now I can see how things work.  Thank you for your time Ladrun.

• Giving up on using an external program, I'll just learn the game though the web browser for now.  Seem the vitals script didn't play well with my tabbed chat and messed everything up a bit.

Thanks for your help though.

ps: Never spent so much time trying to setup a game than playing a game till I found MUD games.  Not very friendly for some.

• @Faaron Standard MUD clients really aren't much to look at out of the box, and there's a lot of coding knowledge required to do anything with them. Scripts from other people help but there's no guarantee they'll be bug free or that they'll play nicely with any other scripts you might install or write yourself.

Fortunately IRE has put a lot of effort into producing their own HTML5 client, introducing server-side curing, etc. to greatly reduce the necessity for those kinds of things from new players.

• Antonius said:

@Faaron Standard MUD clients really aren't much to look at out of the box, and there's a lot of coding knowledge required to do anything with them. Scripts from other people help but there's no guarantee they'll be bug free or that they'll play nicely with any other scripts you might install or write yourself.

Fortunately IRE has put a lot of effort into producing their own HTML5 client, introducing server-side curing, etc. to greatly reduce the necessity for those kinds of things from new players.

Indeed.  I am using the browser version and created my own look so it's less cluttered :)  The only thing I'll try and change is the setMapZoom(10) <--- type item in the settings to zoom out a bit.