A Windcutter Medallion

Hello. The current price for a base Windcutter is 2,500,000 million gold. I thought it would be nice if ships (At least windcutters to start off with), could also be bought using bound credits. My idea for this would be to sell an item in the Miscellaneous Artefacts shop, for approximately 500-550 credits. This item (some sort of token or medallion would work nicely), could then be handed to Hawkin in exchange for a ship. 

The average credit price today is slightly above 6,000 gold. 500 credits for one of these medallion gives it a value of approximately 3,000,000 gold. I figured the additional 500,000+ gold you would lose by using bound credits to obtain a ship instead of gold sovereigns is a fair price to pay.

The main reason why I would support this it would be nice to be able to utilize bound credits I receive through my Iron Elite Membership, or the credits from leveling up, and put them towards a ship. 

Comments

• @Sylvance‌  Interesting, why the disagree?

• Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • What Cooper said. I have no idea why this needs to be repeatedly constantly, but if it's currently available for gold then the credit market is your method of "buying" something with credits.
  • Antonius said:
    What Cooper said. I have no idea why this needs to be repeatedly constantly, but if it's currently available for gold then the credit market is your method of "buying" something with credits.

To be fair to OP, he's specifically talking about Bound credits, and that from membership, so it's not analogous to buying them through the market. The underlying issue of the effect on the economy remains, of course. 

Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

there's plenty you can buy with those bound credits for ships anyway, I mean, come on, a cook that boosts the morale of your crew? A self-replenishing stock of ammo? A cartographer's desk (that nobody actually uses because YAY for the dropbox map)

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

As it stands, ships are a great gold sink. Plus, as @Tharvis mentioned, those credits can come in handy if you want to really pimp out your ship and make it swagtastic.