PKing - Improvements

Comments

• How'd you change the picture in your banner?
  • Everyone in the A-Team got special permission from Tecton to change those pictures.

Some other people too, but they're less important.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• @Ernam Log into the achaea.com website, click on My Accout, click on Edit, then scroll down to the portion where you can edit your picture.

Alternately, log into the HTML5 client (client.achaea.com) and just click on the avatar picture in the lower right-ish, and you can change it there.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    edited April 2014
    Ok, all I'm going to say is why the fuck am I tagged in this suggesting that I start an alt? And the person who tagged me immediately bought a veil the moment they started pk. Haters can go fuck themselves after they give @Ernam‌ a toss on their way home.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Also, while I'm flattered that you considered me a team I doubt I'm even 5k in Arties :( I'm poor guyz. You're mad because you're horrible at monk and people destroyed you when you tried to gank them with Ada and Achilles, yes we put it to you, yes you got owned. 1. Because you started shit. 2. Because you can't back it up .
  • I defended and raided Ashtan/Mhaldor while in Targ, and never experienced any griefing. Sure, I was jumped a few times, but I saw it as a learning experience and it never got any worse. Your reactions to being jumped often dictate whether you're targeted more or less in the future.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    ^this^ acting like a twat won't make me avoid you. It will just make me care less about the consequences for you. I wouldn't want to kill most people back to back. Mouthy people, I have no pity for. #Respek
  • edited April 2014
    Server curing seems to be completely face-planting against occultists.  Mostly because it is completely terrible at dealing with masked afflictions.  The days of client-side systems are far from over.

Edit: Sorry, this was completely off-topic...
  • AlexandreAlexandre Raleigh, North Carolina

Well... That's certainly one way to derail a constructive topic about PK.

I get the impression some players would be best off taking a break from the game and realizing it isn't THAT serious.

• (hint hint, I was trying to de-rail.  It was not constructive.)

Jinsun said:
    twat

Jinsun said:
    I'm poor guyz.

Cooper said:
    Maybe you should try not being a douche.

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    This was a pretty interesting thread discussion about PK. But 90% of people don't like PK. Close this thread so we can all drink text-tea and mudsex until we pass out from the cheap malt liquor and forget that we just impregnated ugly chicks who are going to become state-sponsored reapers of our bank balance.... or something.
  • AlexandreAlexandre Raleigh, North Carolina
    Ah, the Achaean forum community...
  • To me, PK is knowing my opponent is "human"...

It has nothing to do with "KILLING or DEATH"

It's a type of GAME...Achaea is advertised as a "player killing game", because the term suggests you are going to play against a human.

That's all.

This topic is how to better the HUMAN vs. HUMAN experience here.  Not complain about IG  scenarios that went bad, this isn't to rant.

@Sarapis took a poll.
    -----------------
    First place, New Player Experience. (this doesn't exactly mean just Loom Island to me.)

and when I voted...

Second place, PvP...

Things that have made the experience better for new and old.
    1. Server Side Queues
    2. Server Side Curing
    3. Server Side Multi-Aliases
    4. Fun Moods for all!
    (New Classleads!)

Now...maybe things to work on.
    5. Server Side Gags?
    6. Meaningful Issues
    7. Better sportsmanship

I have already posted some ideas, I am very interested in more. 

Again, what could we do as players and what could the Admin do to help the Human vs. Human experience around here?

• Makarios said:

More?

MORE?

@Makarios

Serpent so screwed this round of classleads. It's going to be a fun few IRL years playing serpenapostamonkbard. Maybe we can get balanceless force instead of hypnosis so we can guardstack grief like the best of them.
    Daeir said:
    Maybe they'll add my ghost classlead so I can float around Cyrene and scare novices or something.
    Yeah that's definitely being added since it doesn't do anything for combat. Serpent only needs phase and snipe. Can delete everything else and replace with tea&rainbow abilities.
    Daeir said:
    I think I'll classlead automatic sniping next round. I don't like that I have to actually hold my sniping alias down in fights, it's too tiring.
    Yeah. Actually we should ask for something called Snipaclysm. If you get at least 3 serpents together in a room, you can do SUMMON NAGA and everyone auto-snipes whoever is in your enemy list at the exact same time.
  • I thought that was already a skill.

• Strata said:
    Serpent so screwed this round of classleads.
    classlead list strata
     ID D Submitter       Ability         Problem       
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     60 S Strata          Hamstring       Contrary to pinshot and tentacles, the e

Yeah, that definitely seems like a legitimate complaint...
    Antonius said:
    Strata said:
    Serpent so screwed this round of classleads.
    classlead list strata
     ID D Submitter       Ability         Problem       
     60 S Strata          Hamstring       Contrary to pinshot and tentacles, the e

Yeah, that definitely seems like a legitimate complaint...
    You forgot to post the solutions - which were from one end of the spectrum to the other, I thought. Even though the Achaean Class Changer experts disagree, at least I didn't ask for retardation to be deleted. :P
  • Could people stop complaining about how they assume things will play out weeks and years down the line?

Stick to bitching about shit that's actually happening currently, please.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• @Strata: Oh, I didn't forget to post anything. My point was more that you think Serpent is going to be "screwed" this round of classleads, but only posted a single classlead. If you were really that concerned I feel like you'd have submitted more.
  • edited April 2014
    It really, really isn't.

Edit to clarify: Serpents did not need illusion to lock people before the change. With the buffs Serpents will be even better mechanically.

I would estimate, that any meaningful buff to Serpent will result in a continued great period of time for Serpents.

Jarrod said:
    It really, really isn't.

Edit to clarify: Serpents did not need illusion to lock people before the change. With the buffs Serpents will be even better mechanically.

I would estimate, that any meaningful buff to Serpent will result in a continued great period of time for Serpents.

Edit to clarify: Serpents without Thoth's Fang did not need illusion to lock people without curing before the change. With the buffs Serpents will be even better mechanically.

Yes, technically it is possible to lock someone with longer than 1.7s dstab speeds while not using illusions. So long as the person you are fighting has absolutely no clue what they're doing, and never touches shield or leaves the room, and you don't have to flay rebounding too much. I say this even though I have a t-fang and it shouldn't matter what I think - but let's be mindful of the peasants, @Jarrod.

I have a strange feeling we're going to be turned into Apostates with phase and no demon to siphon us. But, as already said, we have snipe! yaaaaaaay! That's all anyone uses the class for anyway, aside from spying on mudsexers.
  • That last part is totally worth going serpent

• Honestly, I hate LoS and anything to do with ranged combat. I like being personal and in your face. I prefer 1v1 or 2v2 to group/raiding because of the more personal choices and tricks you could pull off. I wouldn't like to use Snipe as much as dashing and learning how to Serp, but mechanically it confuses me so much that I become discouraged and quit the class or leave the character.

Serpent would probably be my favorite class if I could learn to read situations. :<
  • edited April 2014
    Daeir said:
    Serpent's gonna be in a bit of a shitty spot for a while.
    Jarrod said:
    It really, really isn't.

Edit to clarify: Serpents did not need illusion to lock people before the change.
    I really wish I could say this without sounding like a jerk, but it's really, really hard to figure out the right words.  Jarrod, you are bad at serpent.  Please stop asserting your opinion on it against loads of people who are dramatically more experienced in both combat theory and actual combat.  I have literally never seen you do anything other than snipe and 2v1 lock with other people helping you, in all the years I have been playing, and it really bothers me that you appears to have some form of impact on what the game staff do with the serpent class, because there are at least a dozen people more qualified than yourself to make these suggestions (and forum comments).

Strata said:
    Yes, technically it is possible to lock someone with longer than 1.7s dstab speeds while not using illusions. So long as the person you are fighting has absolutely no clue what they're doing, and never touches shield or leaves the room, and you don't have to flay rebounding too much.
    Strata hit home with this.  With "perfect" curing and anti-illusion, it was already 100% possible to avoid locks from a serpent prior to illusions being essentially deleted (to include "correct" use of tree, fitness, shield, rebounding, sileris).  Finding flaws in our opponent's curing and exploiting them has always been the primary means of winning a fight as a serpent, and 95% of these strategies hinged on illusion.  Without illusion, it is no-shit completely impossible to lock (and therefore kill) someone, as strata said, unless they  "[have] absolutely no clue what they're doing, and never touch shield or leave the room".

I am definitely holding out hope, however, for future changes to serpent.  I've some good (and a LOT of bad) ideas floated, even if very few if any of them made it into the actual classleads, so we'll just have to see what the admins do with the class before flipping out.

As soon as Vadi (or someone else) puts out a system that actually uses server curing properly (SVO doesn't come close, currently), I think a lot more people are going to realize they can literally AFK against serpent, if their curing system is set right.
  • I see Serpent as being about % curing chances based on opponent's priorities, not you breaking your target's system - Which was like, Vadi-M and prior era. Serpent's are objectively in a better position mechanically than they have been for years, and it's only going to get better for them.