Suggested Reading?

NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
So, I've been thinking for a while about taking Nizaris' RP in an additional direction. I did a biological experiment for my Droch requirements involving vivisection and testing curatives on an illusioned Mhun slave not long ago. I've been wanting to go in a similar direction, and voiced Nizaris' desire to @Trilliana in-game to perform lobotomies. But, I'm thinking of having an over-arching goal: creating a Nietzschean Ubermensch, or super man. This would require one or more willing test subjects (at least, OOC-willing. IC-unwilling sounds interesting), and performing experiments a la Frankenstein and Josef Mengele.

So, two questions: (1) any suggested reading? and (2) Do I have any ... ahem ... volunteers?

Comments

• Volunteering for something like this sounds really intriguing - there's just the fact that I'd afterwards be pretty much forced to play out the whole traumatized victim aspect, which so often leads to excessive drama that I really don't want to go there (nor do I think I'd be any good at it). Even more so when things like lobotomies enter the equation.
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    @Iocun: A fair point. I suppose that "volunteering" fellow Mhaldorians would be a suitable way to prevent this. After all, any crying or moaning after the fact would just be weakness on their part.
  • My Mhaldorian alt would volunteer. :D
  • @Iocun: A fair point. I suppose that "volunteering" fellow Mhaldorians would be a suitable way to prevent this. After all, any crying or moaning after the fact would just be weakness on their part.
    I'm curious though how you'll explain to them that getting lobotomized is part of the process of becoming stronger :P
    edited November 2012
    @Iocun: >:) not entirely sure yet. Also, I'm looking at this as a series of rituals targetting different parts of the body. And now as I'm thinking of it, it only makes proper sense for Nizaris to recruit Slaves, seeing as Tronies and above are just too valuable to waste as test subjects. On an OOC level, this should drum up a little more excitement for the lower-ranked Mhaldorians, which is totally what I'm about right now. So, there will likely be several different volunteers to spread the Suffering around. :D

Still in need of reading suggestions, if anyone has ideas.

EDIT: Grammar. My pet peeve, and bane.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Do you mean IG reading or OOC? If you want a good mad scientist book perhaps you could try the Island of Dr. Moreau?
  • So tempting to Volunteer Idelisa.  She's such a freaking softy, I've been trying to toughen her up, plus it would be so nice and traumatizing if her proteges got captured and had to watch. :D
    edited November 2012
    @Vayne: Thanks, I'll give it a look!

@Idelisa: Intriguing. But, I think that since the goal is to create a super mortal, Nizaris wouldn't want to spread this "gift" to non-Mhaldorians. At the same time, established Mhaldorians are just too valuable a commodity to risk on something so uncertain, and bound to fail miserably. Slaves it shall be. Muahahahaha! Guess I will ask around in game for volunteers. Thanks, though.

I'm uncertain about setting, but I'm thinking either Jirken's laboratory, or someplace in Creville. Creville has the added bonus of being accessible to anyone, so I might look there, but those mobs are all aggro, I think.
  • Well shit, it would help if I learned how to read. Har.
  • @Nizaris Trilli would -so- be willing to offer that lobotomy to be done to a Slave- or even a possible recruit to Mhaldor. But for OOC reading, I don't have any suggestions. If I want to figure something out- like how I figured out how lobotomies were performed- I look it up. >.>
    meh

• edited November 2012
    @Tvistor. I disagree. Cause I can. I refuse to be told by you when to laugh. I don't care if you are hilarious.
  • I would've volunteered Wyst actually. She's already covered in scars anyway so what's another few all over? :P Eh.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."