You know you play too much Achaea when ...

NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
Light-hearted one-liners meant to provoke laughs. Share with us stories or jokes about being so used to how things work in Achaea that you made a silly mistake in another game, or in real life.

Here's mine, though it will probably only amuse those who use Linux/Unix:

You know you play too much Achaea when ... you use QL instead of LS to get a directory listing on a Unix command line.

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Back in high school, a certain Achaean and I would narrate people coming and going from the cafeteria and our table. It annoyed the piss out of everyone there, was mostly funny for us at the time though.

For a facepalm moment, I was writing a paper for an English class and playing Achaea at the same time. Somewhere in the middle of one of my paragraphs was something like "sip mana sip health eat bloodroot look probe gaur" and when I turned it in I got a call from the teacher asking me wtf it was.

Not sure if it's a facepalm moment, but I always won the classroom spelling bees because of Achaea.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Wysteria said:
    When you prepend your IM messages with an apostrophe after a long session in Achaea.

Alyssea said:
    When you continually use "say" at the beginning of your Facebook messages.

Glad to know I'm not the only one ...
  • when you regularly walk places and long for the convenience of dash and worm warp.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited November 2012
    Chryenth said:
    When someone mentions taking valerian root to help them fall asleep, and you think 'Wait what? That's a disloyalty cure, and anyway you can't smoke in halls."
    Or, to take it a little further, when you walk down the vitamin section in the pharmacy and get excited at their great selection of herbs. (Especially during the shortages before alchemists.)

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• TuroiTuroi Missouri :(
    I prepend IM's with 'clt' now.. and hardly recognize my real name anymore :(

"Slowly disappear. Never really here."

• Jhaeli said:
    Chryenth said:
    When someone mentions taking valerian root to help them fall asleep, and you think 'Wait what? That's a disloyalty cure, and anyway you can't smoke in halls."
    Or, to take it a little further, when you walk down the vitamin section in the pharmacy and get excited at their great selection of herbs. (Especially during the shortages before alchemists.)
    I actually did that last time I went into a pharmacy, I think.

I may have to go into Tesco's  vitamin section, just for the laughs this morning.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    When I try to buy things with gold
  • I was laying in bed half asleep about an hour ago cus the power was off and I had jack to do.  So I went "HMM I WONDER IF ANYONE IS AROUND WHO I CAN TALK TO" and my fingers did qw while I was LAYING ON THE BED.
  • 10k of each mineral in rift (nearly).
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I dreamed about Tanris watching me plant sileris in the wilderness.

I compulsively check my messages while I'm at work, on my phone.

I end up anxious if I go past two days without talking to certain people. (I'm sorry!)

I fill up my rift to 10k steel, give most of it away so I can do it again.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• RuthRuth Singapore
    When you reply to people with 'agree' (I use the emote sometimes but still...) instead of the proper English 'agreed' and not noticing until someone pointed it out.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I dread the day when I start dreaming in text again.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • I did that briefly. It was weird enough that I stepped away for a while. Something about missing onto CT. Then trying to explain I missed but missing again. And again. And again.

Oh the horror.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Back before my dormancy, I used to have dreams where I'd be in conversations with Paine. We'd be sitting, facing each other, and everything we would be saying would appear as floating red words (the colour of my tells). Granted, I was talking to him -all- the time then, but it was a messed up dream to be having.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited November 2012
    I had a dream where I had finally managed to get away from this game. I was playing games with graphics now! Games that involved injury, death, mayhem, and PK in which I was involved!
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    when you have a dream about Naga
  • In addition to the text dreams, I used to have forum dreams occasionally. Those were always weird.