Shaman Combat

13»

Comments

• Bluef said:
    I think @Makarios already posted here (or somewhere else?) that they introduced enflame to help give shamans more utility in raids. Or maybe I'm remembering that wrong (I swear it was posted recently by Someone). Anyway, it has the potential to be used a lot like incinerate to some extent (a big burst of damage). 
    I have often made myself very easy to find on a Nairat/wunjo rune combo while vodun bleeding just to enflame people. It works as a giant boost of damage, if they don't die your in big trouble though!
  • Speaking on Inflame, it seems to me that its greater potential is not in 1 v 1 combat, but rather specific group instances where you're fighting alongside someone who has synergistic abilities. (I.E. the ability to induce large amounts of bleeding).

• Did you people forget blademaster exists? what is this hard on for alchemist + shaman
  • Because I'm rooting for Hashan and @Eld sucks

jk ilubby
  • Torso damage is pretty useful in multiplying your bleed totals. But you have to be sneaky about using Puncture. If you hit at the right times you can keep bleedouts viable. But to pressure health it's probably not bad to add one or two thurisaz in the meantime. 
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Kuy said:
    Dartega said:
    So, what I'm gleaming from this conversation is that you've killed one person with it, Militis, and that's about it. 
    Yes, you can inflame kill people who are probably screwed from the vodun bleed already, I already stated this, and yes, I figured it went without saying that killing someone with inflame after slow/truelock is doable. 
    I'm not attacking your combat prowess here or anything bro, I just thought you were declaring there are some legitimate bleed strategies ala apostate or something. Pretty sure you're just doing the above sentence, which yes, works on people who can't stop vodun bleed, which isn't that scary if you know what you're doing. 
    Can you just stfu and let someone have a goddamn proud moment.

Or a person could come to a combat thread with some actual useful information.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Is inflame in curses?
  • Imo if an alchemist and shaman are killing with bleed, they lack imagination. Could lock someone so fast.
  • With Imagination(tm) image alchemists can help anybody lock faster. They can wrack every lock aff without prep, whether you need slickness or impatience. No tempering required.
  • Xith said:
    With Imagination(tm) image alchemists can help anybody lock faster. They can wrack every lock aff without prep, whether you need slickness or impatience. No tempering required.
    True, but shaman can cast both slickness and impatience themselves so.... If I were teaming with someone, I'd prefer someone who can hinder so I don't have to simply focus on doing that. Plus, if we're talking about fast affliction stacks, apostate + shaman or serpent + shaman work just as well. 

I think there are also classes other than alchemist that are far more fun to work with - and that aren't one-sided partnerships, offering both partners the opportunity flex their killing combos. Blademaster (voidfist) is a totally great partner for a shaman. Jester (hangedman + mickey) is too. I could go on down the list of classes but basically all I'm saying is shaman is a great ally in paired fighting.