Suggestions needed for elemental-aligned creatures

AlkaidAlkaid Auckland, New Zealand
edited March 2014 in The Universal Membrane
Ok, so as some of you may or may not be aware, I am working on a few different projects in varying stages of completion, with one project though, I am having a little trouble with coming up with some creatures that are traditionally aligned to an element (I always have the option of coming up with something completely unique, but I'd like my work to have some grounding in creatures that people already have a little familiarity with)

Earth: Golems
Fire: Ifrit
Water: Undine, Naiad or Mizuchi
Nature: Dryad
Air:  Sylph
Spirit (may change this one to Metal): May use Talos if changed to metal.
Light: (Need one, may need to create something unique since I don't really want to use cliched creatures like 'angels' or 'demons' )
Shadow: Wraith, Dullahan or Reaper?  (Not sure which one to use!)
Chaos: (Need one, but may use Chimaeras)

Anyone got any suggestions, particularly for the ones I don't have one for, or that I am uncertain about? x_x

EDIT:  Side note:  The creatures don't really play any MAJOR role in the overarching storyline, it is more for fleshing  the story out a bit - I may end up scrapping this background concept if I can't come up with something satisfactory. >_>
All of our representatives are busy ignoring other customers. Please hold and someone will hang up on you as soon as they are available.

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Light: Omnipri

Omnipri as a race are the lower beings of Light and play an augments role to Angels. All Angels were once Omnipri, having to serve as this augment for a millenia before being promoted to Angel.

These beings are depicted as balls of Light that coalesce into whatever form they desire.

Not sure what exactly your wanting to accomplish but that could be a raw idea to build on.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • AlkaidAlkaid Auckland, New Zealand
    To be perfectly honest, at this point in time, the elemental creatures I'm designating to each element are little more than placeholders while I flesh out the surrounding storyline and the world around it.  This project is definitely a big one, while the elemental creatures I will end up picking out will have a minor 'role' in the overarching story, they will be depicted in the background in various scenes to show how the elements are in balance with each other, the world having the blessings of the elements.
    All of our representatives are busy ignoring other customers. Please hold and someone will hang up on you as soon as they are available.
    Gottem.