What Are Apostates' Most Important Spells And Gear In Combat?

The title of this thread is self explainatory. I also am interested in strategies vs other combatants.   Though I am new here, I have noticed how important it is to be prepared against others. What are the weakness and strengths of this class and what's the most difficult class for apostates to defeat? Feedback is much appreciated. 

Comments

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Good info above.  Daeir left out Vengeance (vengeance bomb a viable tactic on large groups) and beckon.  Soulcage is a no-xp loss starburst, putrefaction also mitigates cutting and blunt damage.  

On top of that, there are only a handful of active apostates which means most people are pretty ignorant of what apostates can do and how to defend certain setups (as opposed to knights, monks which have pretty standard setups that you can easily get practice to).  
  • Apostate definitely not arguably the strongest unartied class with deadeyes being seriously nerfed due to loss of Rajamala speed, and it's versatile but lacks any truly efficient way to achieve any of its instant kills that aren't easily prevented. Shield stops catharsis, vivisect is only possible post-lock or with shatter, and eliminate is just a channeled instant kill like most others. 

Hunt is stopped by Shield, and Nightmare has specific class counters and lacks transparency in terms of what it randomly afflicts the target with. Any class with access to transfix (Sylvan, Magi, Sentinel) can stop Apostate in its tracks - the same is said of anyone with a Ring of Flying (An artifact). It's an absolute beast in group combat due to this aforementioned versatility, but requires a big lesson investment for full access to offensive capability. It lacks oomph in 1v1 (I don't recall anyone with defensive know-how being in any serious trouble against an Apostate, having been an Apostate and having fought Sabiru/Xer/Carmain as well as seeing a lot of their duels), and yes, Xer as an active Apostate will attest to this.

Also unfortunately one of the more lesson costly, if not the most, in the whole game.

I'm only addressing Daeir's post though. He did list the most important "spells" and gear, though! So you got your answer in that aspect, OP.
  • Thanks for the input, guys.. I will keep that in mind. I'll level up for more lessons and gather gear and vials as well. I will have to look up Xer. I've already seen him online. Although I can pvp solo, group pvp has always been more my style in other games that I've played.
  • tl;dr - Deadeyes and daeggers.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Achilles said:
    Good info above.  Daeir left out Vengeance (vengeance bomb a viable tactic on large groups) and beckon.  Soulcage is a no-xp loss starburst, putrefaction also mitigates cutting and blunt damage.  

On top of that, there are only a handful of active apostates which means most people are pretty ignorant of what apostates can do and how to defend certain setups (as opposed to knights, monks which have pretty standard setups that you can easily get practice to).  

Correct me if I'm wrong but Vengeance bomb is no longer possible with starburst change.

rip v-bomb

• Cahin said:
    Achilles said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Vengeance bomb is no longer possible with starburst change.

rip v-bomb

just need more necros than 1.  Tirac and Carmain been coddling you and doing it solo all these years, imagine a few more necros in the room!

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

vbomb doesn't trigger vbomb :( 

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • oh. gross

• XerXer Langley

Lol, you could never have more than one necromancers doing v-bombs, ever except maybe at the very beginning. And there's no real way to trigger it yourself off deliverance or something silly like that since putting Vengeance up itself requires equilibrium.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • never say never! could have 4-5 people blackwind with 100 health and human/arc in a line after each vengeance goes off. 

Too complicated though, so ya guess v-bomb days are over unless it's coupled with other room attacks.

• Why would it be bad to allow vengeance to trigger vengeance? Not that anyone has said that, but it would be great to hear any arguments for it. Otherwise it sounds like it's worth classleading the ability to be more useful reflecting its downgrade with the starburst change.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    we should claasslead for a more fun ability like necrowark or something that gives aeon or entangle

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • XerXer Langley
    edited July 2014

Well, I don't mean -never- haha. I just mean that if you have enough necros to do that, it's generally more efficient to do other things, like Sap/Cath, locking, meteor/spear, etc. >.>

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Jhui said:
    Cahin said:
    Achilles said:

rip v-bomb

just need more necros than 1.  Tirac and Carmain been coddling you and doing it solo all these years, imagine a few more necros in the room!

I don't see how what Tirac, Carmain, and I do on our own free time is relevant in this situation.

• VanVan
    edited July 2014

Demon beckon from one room inside Mhaldor on Shallamese raids *drool*.  I killed more people with my city's totems and guards than I ever will solo.  I'm a longtime Apostate, been inactive for years.  Hopefully I can make a transition back into combat at some point.  I love Apostate.  It's hard to get kills on an experienced opponents, but it's fun to use everything you have at your disposal.

• I have to add, group leech/catharsis was one of the greatest tactics of all TIME.  I assume it's illegal now, but basically you'd have a group trigger where one would tell 5 others LEECH.  5 triggers would set off 5 leeches and then the 6th would catharsis.  Instant death.  I'm sure that enraged many people.  Good times.