Quick Questions

Comments

• What skill has the ability to see what adventurers are in the area you are in? As far as I understand it, this is why people use the Chameleon tattoo, to prevent adventurers from knowing you're in the area.
    Something like an Area Who.
  • ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    Renoir said:
    What skill has the ability to see what adventurers are in the area you are in? As far as I understand it, this is why people use the Chameleon tattoo, to prevent adventurers from knowing you're in the area.
    I know that blademasters get this in Shindo and it's called Fullsense.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Renoir said:
    What skill has the ability to see what adventurers are in the area you are in? As far as I understand it, this is why people use the Chameleon tattoo, to prevent adventurers from knowing you're in the area.
    QW shows all players online, except for those hidden (Veil, Grove Concealment, etc). WHO lists all visible players, and with room name if you have thirdeye up.

To see what players are in a specific area you need a class specific skill like fullsense for Blademasters and Monks

• Chameleon doesn't affect fullsense.
  • @Utianima: Veil has no effect on QW, you need a gem of cloaking to remove yourself from that. A Veil will hide your location on WHO (B) though, assuming you don't have a gem of cloaking to remove you from the list entirely.
  • Okay, so the chameleon is mostly to protect against people knowing you're in X room with thirdeye on WHO.
  • Tecton said:
    Yep, you can always do DATE 1 SARAPIN 700 too!
    Always nice when you learn new commands to make life easier
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    @Antonius Thanks for the clarification :)

• Renoir said:
    Okay, so the chameleon is mostly to protect against people knowing you're in X room with thirdeye on WHO.
    Or making it less obvious that you're logged in at all, or looking like someone else in UW/Annwyn so people don't know who to detect if they want to come kill you, etc.
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    I came back and all my traits reset! Sooo, after trying in vain to find what other people thought, I have this so far:

Racial: Forest Walker
    Level 20: Quick-witted
    Level 30: Master harvester
    Level 40: Marksman
    Level 50: Receptive body
    Level 60: Master contemplator
    Level 70: Blissful ignorance
    Level 80: Empty
    Level 90: Empty

I know for the level 90 one, I'm going to take the tattoo maintenance one. But the last major one has me totally at a loss. Aim to kill seems like overkill since I have dragon already. Lethal ink has a lower tree balance, which seems bad. :(
  • It's just a .5s reduction, which isn't bad for tree.
  • .5? Are you sure it isn't 5? That would make more sense in line with Expert Diagnoser making Tree Tattoo 15 seconds instead of 10.
  • Hm.  I thought it was .5, it was what was told me by someone who did some testing on it - but I don't have the trait myself, so I can't check (nor do I have Efficiency, so my tree is different than most people's).  @Sena, I summon you!  Correct my stupid ass again!
    Lethal Ink0.5 second faster hammer/web/tentacle/brazier balance, 0.5 second slower shield/cloak/tree balance

• Lothien said:
    Lethal Ink0.5 second faster hammer/web/tentacle/brazier balance, 0.5 second slower shield/cloak/tree balance

I think it's random 11 to 15 seconds tree tattoo recovery. That's just from me trying to narrow down the number a few months ago by spamming TATTOOS after touch tree to see the ! disappear.
    That is pretty rough, then. Now 100% undecided.
  • Lothien said:
    I came back and all my traits reset! Sooo, after trying in vain to find what other people thought, I have this so far:

Racial: Forest Walker
    Level 20: Quick-witted
    Level 30: Master harvester
    Level 40: Marksman
    Level 50: Receptive body
    Level 60: Master contemplator
    Level 70: Blissful ignorance
    Level 80: Empty
    Level 90: Empty

I know for the level 90 one, I'm going to take the tattoo maintenance one. But the last major one has me totally at a loss. Aim to kill seems like overkill since I have dragon already. Lethal ink has a lower tree balance, which seems bad. :(
    It might help if you specified your class. Given quick-witted and master harvester, I'm guessing sylvan? If so, given the recent changes to sylvan elementalism to emphasise intelligence more, brilliant might be worth it; I don't really know the details of that change, though, so probably good to look for more informed opinions.
    I can't choose brilliant, as I chose receptive body. :(

And yes, Sylvan, sorry!
  • Oh, right, forgot receptive body was made to conflict with all the stat traits, rather than just robust.
  • receptive body > brilliance

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• LyrLyr
    edited March 2014
    Lucky -- not as useful after 80
    Aim to kill -- if you're already dragon, but could help gather corpses I guess
    Hated -- hit more people with wildgrowth, maybe, if there is a raid with more than 20
    In crowd -- more grove sharing?
    Expert diagnoser -- not useful for sylvan
    Lethal ink -- best option, I think, to get rid of shields for 1v1
    Sawbones -- could be useful, I guess, but sylvan is pretty straightforward already
    Limbcrusher -- when are sylvans mounted?
    Health inspecter/Mind warden -- not useful
    Cheap shot -- mreh
    Sticky Stirrups -- not mounted often enough?

I feel like the options this time around are worse for sylvan
  • Don't get lethal ink. You have erode and geyser.

i'm a rebel

• Critical hits are MORE useful after 80. Get lucky or aim-to-kill if you still bash.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Is anything Sylvans use hindered by riding is the real question I guess. I never see mounted Sylvans which makes me wonder, but nothing I've read or heard about far so indicates riding is bad. The only situation I can come up with in my head is that they might not be able to follow through grove return?
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Mount as important as any other class when fighting bm/monk.

Lethal ink is a good one to take if you don't mind the penalties associated with it. With diadem/quick-witted geyser is the same speed as tentacle, so lethal ink only makes it faster. Erode likely still better than hammer, but quick web+eclipse is a nice boon.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• OceanaOceana North Sea
    Is there a theme for the Q1 bardics?
  • edited March 2014
    While someone smart is answering the above, can you also remind us when the due date for the current bardics is? Is it the 31st?

i'm a rebel

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    And yes, finishes on the 31st.

Jan 1 - Mar 31
    Apr 1 - June 30
    July 1 - Sep 30
    Oct 1 - Dec 31