from nexus to html

Heya, I've been playing on nexus for a long while now, and don't really care for mudlet, I want to make the change to html, it looks nice but I´m really clueless about scripting here..

I want to know if and how I can open doors in a certain direction, in nexus I used to do this

There is a door in the way, to the {w}
followed by
open door $1

I was wondering how to do this in HMTL, any ideas?

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    There's a massive overhaul coming to the HTML5 client's scripting functionality in the very near future, making things -far- easier to do. For now though, you can make this happen by using this:

Match Criteria: There is a door in the way, to the (w)
    Custom Script: send_direct( "open door " + args[1]);

Hope this helps!
  • This doesn't seem to work. 
    edited January 2014
    edited January 2014
    Egads, having a retina display has its downsides...
  • edited January 2014
    Edit: Oh, it seems to work now, thanks!
  • edited January 2014
    well this is strange.. it only works on a western exit.

I echoed it so you can see, it only works on a western exit?
    Edit: Well my screenshot does not show much.. but I tried other exits aswell, it only works on a western exit?
    I was thinking nexus (the joys of supporting multiple clients with multiple scripting subsystems), (\w+) is what you want there, instead of (w)
  • lol @tecton, what a newb

I'm still waiting on multiclass, @Silas.
  • yes boss :(

• Tecton said:
    There's a massive overhaul coming to the HTML5 client's scripting functionality in the very near future

Will there be an integrated curing system?
  • Thanks, it worked!
  • new question, I made a trigger, 

There is a door in the way, to the (\w+)

send_direct( "open door " + args[1]);
    send_direct( args[1]); 
    set_variable ("door", "args[1]");

This will open the door, move me through the door, then it sets my variable "door" to  "args[1]"  instead of west, or east, or whatever.
    Is there  a way to check the exact location of the last door I opened? kinda useless trigger I know but it can be applied to other functions as well.
    Orzaansyn said:
    Tecton said:
    There's a massive overhaul coming to the HTML5 client's scripting functionality in the very near future

Probably not this release, we've started working on it though - there's a thread HERE

Yamato said:
    new question, I made a trigger, 

There is a door in the way, to the (\w+)

send_direct( "open door " + args[1]);
    send_direct( args[1]); 
    set_variable ("door", "args[1]");

This will open the door, move me through the door, then it sets my variable "door" to  "args[1]"  instead of west, or east, or whatever.
    Is there  a way to check the exact location of the last door I opened? kinda useless trigger I know but it can be applied to other functions as well.
    You'll want to remove the quotation marks around "args[1]" in your set_variable.
  • edited January 2014
    Edit: Thanks! that worked
  • One more thing, can you call a function, while in a function?
  • Tecton said:
    Orzaansyn said:
    Tecton said:

Probably not this release, we've started working on it though - there's a thread HERE

Will the new client be more compliant with a mobile screen when login from a mobile? 

I mean, only the main output, prompt and input field, already set to the proper dimensions, and a way to go upward in the history?
  • One problem, I'm trying to make a function that cures only if im not stunned,  not asleep, and if I am on salve balance.
    just to test if this works at all I'm sending send_direct ("jump"); which will be replaced later.

when I run it I get

and as you can see,  stunned is defined!

any ideas how I can solve this?
  • Check for blank spaces after the variable name in your definition?
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • Just double checked.. thats not it.
    Orzaansyn said:
    Tecton said:
    Orzaansyn said:
    Tecton said:

Will the new client be more compliant with a mobile screen when login from a mobile? 

I mean, only the main output, prompt and input field, already set to the proper dimensions, and a way to go upward in the history?
    You can use the low-resolution client for small screens http://client.achaea.com/v1
  • nevermind, I think I find out why now.
  • Tecton said:
    Orzaansyn said:
    Tecton said:
    Orzaansyn said:
    Tecton said:

You can use the low-resolution client for small screens http://client.achaea.com/v1

Yeah, what I did, but it's still a pain.

BUT

It allows jQuery so I guess I can directly modify the DOM to fit my expectations.

AND

Scripting with the HTML5 client is WONDERFUL! Thank you so much, and all your team, for such a great tool. It meets all what I expect from a scripting tool to enjoy the game.