Ignorance for Commshops

You tell Ermot Obuun, "I had a question for you."

You tell Ermot Obuun, "Did you purchase all of the steel here?"

Ermot tells you, "Oh?"

Ermot tells you, "Yes."

You tell Ermot Obuun, "Are you aware that purchasing a commodity below a stock of 50 causes the price to shoot up dramatically?"

Ermot tells you, "Yes, it will be a while until I come back again. I've been leaving it at around 10 the past while to keep it as low as possible."

You tell Ermot Obuun, "The price on Umbrin won't be 66 for a few months, because it was purchased to zero."

You tell Ermot Obuun, "I am a member of the Merchant Collective, so I feel it is my duty to inform you that we all suffer when prices dip into a cost-push curve."

You tell Ermot Obuun, "I am by no means attempting to enforce action on your part, but I'd like to suggest that you and anyone you speak with be aware that buying below 50 stock will f*** us all over."

That person has chosen to ignore you.

All I can say is... Wow...
Really?

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Everyone does it though. Even I do it. It makes one conscious of things like optimal times to go shopping for comms. Get in early to avoid riduculous comm prices!

I'm still amazed at the 25k platinum in Blackrock or whatever it is. Never seems legit to have so much of a comm in stock.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Get pwned, bitch.

• Rispok said:
    You tell Ermot Obuun, "I am a member of the Merchant Collective, so I feel it is my duty to inform you that we all suffer when prices dip into a cost-push curve."
    Jeez, be more of a hall monitor. :-B
    3.7.4 Meta Monitors, for halls and all

(see also HELP HALL MONITORS)

A metamonitor (meta monitor) is one who constantly reminds people not to be
    hall monitors, freely citing HELP HALL MONITORS.

Don't be a meta monitor! Meta monitors need to read HELP HALL MONITORS and then
    apply everything in there to themselves. The punishment for meta monitors is
    even more severe than for monitors, if that were even possible!

(see also HELP HALL MONITORS)

(yes, I'm a meta-meta monitor!)
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Dude! He is ruining the free market! Trying to figure out what to do to him to make him stop. Haha

• I don't really care if people buy out shops. What amazed me was the near-instant snub when I was simply engaging in rp. Oh well.
  • This isn't a free market... It's more like an oligopoly if we're going to go there.  Bottom line is that I've never liked this aspect of the comm shop mechanism, because of course there is going to be at least one person who buys all of the comms, and drives prices sky high over a period of time.  That's just people being people.  As a player, it's only "annoying" on occasion, but I imagine if I had to stock a city comm shop it would drive me nuts (thank you, city stockers for saving me from pulling my hair out when I do want to buy comms).  Achaea may not be "more fun when everything is cheaper", but it's sure not *more* fun with this set-up, which fosters "jerk" behavior on one end, and "hall monitor" behavior on the other.  No thanks, would love it if admin scrapped this set-up.  
  • Comms are fine.

• Well, it's not as if they're "ruining the whole game, omg!", but there's definitely room for improvement.  So, in that sense, they're "fine".
  • "fine"

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    If Cyrene reserves haven't changed much and Lisbethae is still running Trade the way she did when I was an aide, Cyrene won't be running out of commodities anytime soon.

When I stock up on steel, I pretty much hit every comm shop in both villages and cities. Eleusis has pretty fantastic prices and I've even sold steel back to them after depleting their reserves a bit.

It's not a huge deal. Sometimes you get lucky on stock and the lowest prices and sometimes you don't. The comms market fluctuates nicely. That's the difference between shopping in cities and sourcing right from the villages.

From memory, folks with trade satchels still sell to the city for gold too, since Cyrene buys and sells. You could always approach people to ask if they have anything in stock they might consider selling you for a discount since those comms were virtually free.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Is it bad that I didn't even know commodity buying/selling was actually a thing people did and cared about?  I thought you just like ... went to all the villages, bought 10000 leather, and dumped it on your local forger once every few months. Who knew?
  • @Kyrra - Yeah, if Cyrene weren't so consistently awesome about maintaining stock I'd probably actually be a little mad.  
  • I actually would be interested if merchants collective starts policing such things.  You know akin to what Oakstone is for forests.  Granted, I'm not sure it would make sense for them to do so but as I said, interesting.   Still yeah, surprised with the ignore as you hadn't said that much yet. C'est Achaea.