General tutors - for the Houseless and Cityless

2»

Comments

• Kyrra said:

I teach anyone anything, same way I ink runes on anyone that stands still long enough. I get a lot of little Warlock runies coming to me to learn their skills over using the city tutor, and it's never been in issue. I was rogue when guilds were around and while I'm generally somewhat reclusive by nature (I'm introverted and cbf'd dealing with a lot of people), I don't feel like it's a stigma that you have to be antisocial or keep to yourself just because you want to play a class that is houseless, cityless, or both.

Achaea pushes and pulls people toward interaction. Look at tuns in shops for example? It's something that a great many people find very convenient for refills but it also cuts out a lot of the interaction required for getting refills because it's no longer a necessity to bother people unless you actually want to get refills from a person. You can get by with very limited social interaction depending on the class you choose to play. Most things are available in shops, but learning class skills is about the only thing that forces you to talk to other people. And when you just want to learn skills and not participate in acting out the whole learning experience, I can sort of understand where some of the frustration comes from.

Sarcasm aside, @Daeir, there are probably just as many people that are housed and citizens who are just as antisocial. There's someone in Ashtan who recently got dragon that I've never laid eyes on outside of perhaps crossing paths while hunting. Perhaps he's the next Penwize, perhaps he's just a quiet sort of person who keeps to himself.

Logging into Achaea to do your own thing on your own isn't really any different to those people that log into WoW or any other MMO to go solo questing. The option for player interaction is there but they choose not to. They are still entitled to be here.

Why would there be any frustration for the rest of the playerbase? If someone doesn't want to pester other people to take up their time to teach, then that person should be forced to remain at virtuoso in class skills? No.

Yes this is a multiplayer game, other people play it. Let's try not being so randomly elitist and selfish and tell people they have to rely on others to help them with just playing the game.

There are distinct mechanics in place in Achaea that afford a rogue the ability to play the way they wish to already. Seasone. Vellis. Crystals in Tasur'ke. Shops for clothes, and weapons. What is so special about skill learning and why should we restrict our playerbase from bloody attaining their class skills?

I really don't know why there is so much opposition to such a convenient, fair and pragmatic approach to allowing rogues to play as rogues, it's embarassing.

Though I still would not be opposed to making denizen tutoring more difficult to use, such as incurring a reasonable gold cost past virtuoso, or increasing the time the lessons take to be taught.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    edited October 2013
    I do not feel your pain.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Jovolo said:

Arguing that only being able to learn up to virtuoso is a draw back of being a loner is ridiculous.

I don't see anyone suggesting that rogues/loners should only be able to learn up to virtuoso. That would be stupid.