Mudlet questions & answers!

Comments

• NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Nizaris said:
    This has more to do with SVO than with Mudlet in particular, but we don't have an SVO questions thread.

Similar to @Kathva's question, along logging.

1. I currently use a little script to display tells, says, house chat, market chat, clans, deathsight, emotes, etc in a little window. I also use SVO's built in logger. Unfortunately, SVO won't log what has been pulled into the miniconsole. Does SVO have a function that I can use to write this chatter into the log?
    2. A suggestion on the SVO logger: instead of having to stop the log, open a browser, hit Ctrl-S, and rename the file in order to save it; please make the startlog or stoplog alias accept a file name. Also, perhaps make it respect some sort of format. I like to save my logs in the format: YYMMDDhhmm, eg. 1208231415.html would be 8/23/12 @ 2:15PM. So, stoplog could take a format string like the one that I provided, and then intelligently figure out the rest.
    Thanks, @Vadimuses, for your time! And, enjoy your vacation.

Nizaris said:
    Nizaris said:
    Hrm. I can't seem to install the latest update of Mudlet on my Ubuntu. I have the ppa repository noted in my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mudlet-makers-ppa-precise.list, but Ubuntu seems to be defaulting to the outdated version in the Ubuntu Universe repository. When I perform sudo apt-get update, I notice that the ppa is ignored. Anyone have any ideas?
    Ok. So, I decided that I would try to manually download the .deb from the PPA, but it's not there. I would compile mudlet from source (which is there), but I always have trouble tracking down the proper libraries compiling mudlet, and either making sure that they are in the proper locations or placing symlinks to the proper locations.
    @Vadimuses: I was wondering if I could get some assistance please with these questions? Particularly the second one in regard to installing the updated version of Mudlet on Ubuntu Precise. Thank you!
  • I tried updating Mudlet in the PPA before I left and the build didn't work, so perhaps the old .deb was wiped. At any rate I need to finish doing that, so give me a few days and I'll try and sort it out.
    Thanks, Vadi.
  • Alright, it's all working again! If you check for updates in the Update Manager utility, a Mudlet update will appear for Ubuntu 12.04. This is the version that will also load the new crowdmap format.
  • I got a question I am trying to use the auto-walker and everytime I select a location I get this error. Lua error:[string "speedWalkWatch = createStopWatch()..."]:163: attempt to concatenate local
    'dashtype' (a boolean value)
  • I am on windows 7 not ubuntu
  • I should switch to mudlet. :(

But it's so much wooooork.
  • Koanu said:
    I got a question I am trying to use the auto-walker and everytime I select a location I get this error. Lua error:[string "speedWalkWatch = createStopWatch()..."]:163: attempt to concatenate local
    'dashtype' (a boolean value)
    Update your script to it's latest version from here, that'll fix it.
  • Where do I update it from? I have updated the map already.
  • Updated to the latest mapper script and getting an error when downloading the crowdmap that I should update Mudlet. But Ubuntu tells me I am already on the latest version. Uninstalled, reinstalled, still same version.

Go to the link, yay a fix. Nope, Windows only.

:((

Halp!

• No, it's not Windows only - the PPA for Ubuntu 12.04 was updated like I mentioned a few posts ago.
  • The version in the standard Ubuntu repos or a seperate one? Cause running updates from the standard repos gives me no update.

edited October 2012
    @Arador:

Copy the following two lines into your /etc/apt/sources.list:

ETA: Then: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
  • Ahh figured it was a seperate repo. You guys should update the one in the standard repo too. Thanks for the help.

@Arador: I'm not sure how it works, exactly, but the standard repo isn't entirely under the control of the end developer, I don't think.
  • Nizaris said:
    @Arador: I'm not sure how it works, exactly, but the standard repo isn't entirely under the control of the end developer, I don't think.
    See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates, it's possible but just has philosophy.
  • Alright, since I'm actually bashing more often now, I was wondering if there was an auto targetting script or similar?  Or at least a way to add something to click on via IH to target.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    See the second to last post in this thread.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Alright I've just recently started scripting in Mudlet, so I'm rather new on various concepts, but I'm a quick learner.

I put together a health/mana/endurance/willpower/level-progress bar. In essence, I have it set up like this: http://puu.sh/1fGPc - I have two scripts. One to get the vitals data from GMCP and another to run the windows/gauges.

This is my getVitals script: http://puu.sh/1fGQ6
    This is my Status Bars script: http://puu.sh/1fGQM

Everything is linked and working as far as I can tell, except for one problem. The status bars don't update in real-time. If fact, they don't update at all unless I go into the script editor and either save the Status Bars script or select it then select another script.

As you can see, I've added "gmcp.Char.Vitals" to both scripts in the hope that it would update them, but that didn't work. After hours of trying to fix this problem I'm finally stumped. Does anyone have any suggestions/fixes for this?

Note: If the links bring you to a "this database thingy isn't working blah blah", click the go to a live version button thing. Idk if it'll do that but it was doing it for me when I placed the links here.
  • Your 2nd pic is right, it has a function in the script and the scripts name is the same as the functions name. In the last one, your script name isn't right, there's no function, so there's no handler setup for that event - so the script only runs when you save it.
  • @Fryke To add a little detail to @Vadimuses's response:
    When you attach an event handler to a script, what happens is that that when the event is raised, mudlet will try to call a function with the same name as the script. So in the first case, everything's fine: you have a script named getVitals that defines a function called getVitals, so that function gets called whenever the relevant event is raised. For the second, you need to put the stuff that you want called every time the event is raised into a function, and give the script the same name as that function. So you could, for example, leave all the stuff defining the gauges as is, then make a function updateGauges() that does all the GaugeN:setValue() calls, and name the script "updateGauges", and you should be good to go.
  • Awesome. It's working now. Thanks so much guys.
  • edited October 2012
    Today my Mudlet has had some big issues. None of my triggered sound files are playing whatsoever, and I keep crashing from doing a wide variety of things (from using an alias, using a macro, to simply sending "e"). Is there a crash log output somewhere so that I might understand why this is happening?

Edit: Windows 7   Mudlet 2.0-test4 10-25-2011 (late happy birthday to 2.0-test4!)
  • Sorry for the bump but I literally can't play the game without some assistance.

Are crash logs stored somewhere so that I might find out what is causing my crashes?
  • I've been having an issue with cityhelp and househelp scrolls out of alignment when I enter CHELP INDEX or HHELP INDEX. Anyone know of a fix?
    Nizaris said:
    This has more to do with SVO than with Mudlet in particular, but we don't have an SVO questions thread.

1. I currently use a little script to display tells, says, house chat, market chat, clans, deathsight, emotes, etc in a little window. I also use SVO's built in logger. Unfortunately, SVO won't log what has been pulled into the miniconsole. Does SVO have a function that I can use to write this chatter into the log?
    2. A suggestion on the SVO logger: instead of having to stop the log, open a browser, hit Ctrl-S, and rename the file in order to save it; please make the startlog or stoplog alias accept a file name. Also, perhaps make it respect some sort of format. I like to save my logs in the format: YYMMDDhhmm, eg. 1208231415.html would be 8/23/12 @ 2:15PM. So, stoplog could take a format string like the one that I provided, and then intelligently figure out the rest.
    I think this post got mixed up with the rest, but I would be particularly interested to know if there is an answer to question number one? Please and thank you.
    @Maht: Sounds like a bug somewhere in your scripts. In the profile selector, try going backwards through your profiles one-at-a-time, until you no longer get an error.
  • Nizaris said:
    Nizaris said:

I think this post got mixed up with the rest, but I would be particularly interested to know if there is an answer to question number one? Please and thank you.
    Ack, I forgot about this. Try calling html5log.recordline().