Shaman classleads

However brief this discussion will be, questions, observations, etc.

ANNOUNCE NEWS #3954                                     (10/03/2013 at 21:25)  
From   : Tecton, the Terraformer
To     : Everyone
Subject: Shaman Classlead Changes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hot on the heels of our Serpent classlead, we're pleased to present the changes 
for the Shaman class. The details are as follows:

Curses
------
* BLEED willpower cost has been lowered.
* BLEED has an increased effect on other adventurers.
* INFLAME has been added, as a powerful new curse against a bleeding opponent.
* TZANTZA timing has been reworked. It now requires only four afflictions, and 
scales downwards based on the number of additional afflictions on the target. 
Addiction has also been added to the pool of ailments that count for this 
ability.
* Initiating a TZANTZA curse while already channeling one will no longer 
interrupt the first.

Survival/Curses
---------------
* CURSEWARD now has a higher equilibrium cost the more frequently it is enacted.

Vodun/Puppetry
--------------
* IMBIBE fashion cost has been reduced.
* SLOW has a reduced balance cost when stripping the speed defence.

As always, we'll be monitoring these changes and further tweaks and adjustments 
may be made. If you encounter any problems or oddities, please file a BUG with 
as much information as possible.

Penned by My hand on the 15th of Mayan, in the year 636 AF.

So, the obvious questions:
*what/how much does INFLAME do?
*how much/often is the CURSEWARD eq increase?
*how fast is TZANTZA with 4 affs and how does it increase?

And:
*Does this improve Evileye BLEED too?

I went ahead and tested PUPPET SLOW. Appears about 2.8s strip speed vs. 3.5s aeon. (with nimble)
PUPPET IMBIBE is down to 10 fashions required, 1 used (from 20 fashions required). basically means a smart Shaman can do you in super easy with 21 fashions.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.

Comments

• Evileye bleed remained unchanged.
  • Man that curseward change probably caused @Sabiru to go into a coma IRL due to happiness.

• I was kind of surprised that didn't happen to @Iocun with the serpent classleads, honestly.  He just about drove himself into one in anticipation.
  • Dunn said:
    Man that curseward change probably caused @Sabiru to go into a coma IRL due to happiness.
    I'mma spam call butterfly and trumpet on him instead now. See how happy that makes him!
  • probably only a matter of time until they give elephant reflexes anyway, at this rate!
  • Borran said:
    probably only a matter of time until they give elephant reflexes anyway, at this rate!
    Rangor enters from the east on a red rubber ball. Rangor begins juggling a handaxe. Rangor begins juggling a handaxe. Rangor begins juggling a handaxe. Rangor leaves to the west, noisily trumpeting like an elephant.
    That isn't even his final form.
  • what does this inflame ability do?

• @Borran Inflame cauterizes bleeding and does direct damage in return.
  • Bambizlo said:
    @Borran Inflame cauterizes bleeding and does direct damage in return.
    So, turns bleed damage into burst damage? o.0 Seems like that'd be a bad idea. Can it be used on yourself?- Ha! I'll take this damage to the face, Bloodmaster, and now you can't hurt me!

• I actually like that.  Depending on how strong it is, it gives Shamans some decent options to play with their target's mana.  Either they bleed the target empty of mana, which makes Tzantza easier to stick, or the target doesn't clot and gets exploded.
  • Daeir said:
    Penwize said:
    I was kind of surprised that didn't happen to @Iocun with the serpent classleads, honestly.  He just about drove himself into one in anticipation.
    If it included lifevision illusion detection removal, we all probably would have heard OH YESSSSSSSSSSS echoing out from Austria or wherever it is that Iocun lives.
    I believe it's Loompaland. Iocun is secretly a vermicious knid.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Bambizlo said:
    @Borran Inflame cauterizes bleeding and does direct damage in return.
    I wonder if it hits mana if the target is corrupted by an alchemist.
    *Animated Signature*

• Is the bleed-to-damage ratio 1:1? 

• XerXer Langley
    I heard it's more like 1:3 or 1:4 - bleed to damage. I believe INT affects it, not sure about Collar
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Xer said:
    I heard it's more like 1:3 or 1:4 - bleed to damage. I believe INT affects it, not sure about Collar
    Haha what. This I've got to see.
  • edited October 2013
    Uh wat.

Inflame damage, whenever I was hit by it so far, was always almost 6 times my current amount of bleeding.

We're probably missing out on a constant basis though, which would lead to a much higher ratio for lower amounts of bleeding.
  • Iocun said:
    Uh wat.

Inflame damage, whenever I was hit by it so far, was always almost 6 times my current amount of bleeding.

We're probably missing out on a constant basis though, which would lead to a much higher ratio for lower amounts of bleeding.
    that sounds terrifying.... Did you get to test how curse bleed has changed? I'm curious of how useful it is now...
  • Oh man. Wb vodun bleed
  • edited October 2013
    Serpent/shaman lack a great way to stop movement though to truly excel as a jumping team. Something like occie/shaman, BM/shaman, or bard/shaman might be more suitable for that.

Alchemist/shaman sounds like a fun combo too.
  • I await the blademaster tears as Shamans all over steal their kills with massive bleed turned to burst damage.