Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Newbie Serpent looking for a bit of help!

Comments

• YueYue Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    that's why we ALL RANDOM!!! :D :D :D
  • AgravainAgravain Member Posts: 114 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Iocun said:
    Agravain said:
    Better than 100%* of serpent house combat sects, I guess!

Forgot Jarrel quit Shadowsnakes
    I'm going to hunt you down!
    Join a real serpent house. You're a man. A man among many little girls simply running around in circles in the playground hoping that the man won't realise where he is, and they'll suddenly have to grow up very, very fast. 

Don't be that guy.
    KyrraAveri
  • IocunIocun Member Posts: 3,505 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Real serpent houses are bad serpent houses by default, since people expect serpent stuff from them. And you can't really be covertly serpentine when everyone expects it from you!
    Xith
  • KoyukiKoyuki Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Omg you guys. 21 notifications when I come on? -.-''
    MishgulAveri
  • LukanLukan Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    @Yue stop being a tryhard. @Mishgul wins everything. Also, @Koyuki, if you have any questions and you see me around, I may be a huge asshole, but I help my housemates.
    VaehlWilhelmina
    @Lukan I honestly think you're one of the friendlier ones. >.> I may just not know you that well yet.
    VaehlMishgul
  • VaehlVaehl Member Posts: 962 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited April 2013
    Lukan is a great and helpful guy when he's being serious, so you're right.

I can help out too, but I'm a dick.
    Sherazad
    I'm not all 'RAWR EVIL DIE SLAVE WORM OBEY', so yeah, I guess I'm nicer.
    YOU'RE THE SLAVE NOW, I HAVE MORE POSTS NOW! MWA HA HA HA HA!

Question: Can we secrete venoms onto our dirks at some point, or is that a no-go?
    EldAveri
  • VayneVayne Rhode IslandMember Posts: 1,897 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Naga can't unfortunately.
    KyrraSynbiosVaehlSherazadAveriHhaos
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,757 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    At trans venom, in addition to secrete being instant, you can secrete venoms directly onto weapons.
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember, Secret Squirrel Posts: 5,906 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dreadborn was lame. I joined for Antidas, stayed for Jurixe, left for Tvistor.

-fades back into hibernation-
    :pleased::pleased:
    AntidasYue
  • TaelTael Member Posts: 1,197 @ - Epic Achaean
    Daeir said:
    Dreadborn was lame. I joined for Antidas, stayed for Jurixe, left for Tvistor.

-fades back into hibernation-
    Agreed that it was lame. The entire progression was lame.

I am literally putting the final edit on a substantially different progression system as we speak.
    Daeir
    @Koyuki don't listen to Vayne, Naga have always and will always be way cooler than some house in Hashan.
    SherazadTaelBonko
  • JacenJacen Member Posts: 2,199 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    What is wrong with that bear?!
  • JacenJacen Member Posts: 2,199 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Its sad that people still tell lol Hashan jokes :(
    This thread must be so helpful for @Koyuki!
    SherazadTael
  • ArditiArditi Member Posts: 841 @ - Epic Achaean
    Hopefully it has convinced her never to join that other city.

Um, the one we all forgot about.

No, not the one that sank into the ocean.

KyrraTaelTrevizeBonko
    edited April 2013
    Hashan is sad.

edit: also, am the prototypical opposite of a tryhard in this situation

(See: League of Legends ELO - Platinum - 20/20 Randoms)
    Well, since this has become another "Naga are awesome, Hashan sucks" propaganda steam roller, I'm out!
  • VaehlVaehl Member Posts: 962 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited April 2013
    Vayne said:

Naga can't unfortunately.

You're the one that made the Mhaldor forum crew roll in.
    AntidasBonkoSherazad
    Vayne said:
    Well, since this has become another "Naga are awesome, Hashan sucks" propaganda steam roller, I'm out!
    @Vayne has a point guys, I've officially asked this thread to be closed. I've got all that I needed to, so thank you for your guys' help. But Hashan is cool in its own right, in all honesty. So many different wormholes that I go into, they lead to Hashan, and totems decides to beat the crap out of me. Plus he's brought some RP to my life, so thanks Vayne. <3

I'm honestly only around in the Naga for Jurixe, and that the people are cool. More and more, people are commenting Koyuki is not evil. I have to admit that they're right, I am not fluent in evil ways. xD But past that, thanks everyone for helping me out with my questions! :D
    Valden
    I'll probably regret this and get torn apart again for it, but screw it...

I would have to say there is a distinct difference between my light-hearted joke which I knew she would recognize as a patently false statement versus the organized and malicious responses people who work and support Hashan are submitted to regularly by certain parts of the playerbase.

I'm am not so arrogant or delusion to say that it is the only reason, but I think the constant defamation of the faction by the swarms of bitter alts, factional elitists, their mindless fanboys, and just plain assholes is a contributing reason to why less people would want to play a Hashani/Hashani housed character. I know if I was a newb looking to these forums I would be scared away from Hashan the way it is characterized constantly.

I know I'm fooling myself by expecting any maturity or constructive feedback from these forums, and God forbid I should expect some human decency behind the empowering cloak of anonymity the net provides, but I in some sense of misplaced duty feel I need to defend Hashan. It has tons of potential, some amazing players, and awesome gods guiding it. It would be a real shame if some player missed out on an aspect of the game they might actually enjoy in Hashan because they got plowed by the forum brigade.

This is a game after all.

OrklanishkalSidoniaSultani
  • MishgulMishgul Sør-TrøndelagMember Posts: 5,302 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Maybe spend more time making hashan more relevant by declaring war on Ashtan.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    Dartega
  • SherazadSherazad Planef UrthMember Posts: 945 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited April 2013
    @Vayne: That should probably go in the rantings section. Or renew that Hashan thread. Iono.

@Koyuki: You don't have to be very mean to play as an Evil character. I'll talk to you IG. 
    Trying to write about games, series, movies at Geeksauce Rocks! On hiatus D:
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• TaelTael Member Posts: 1,197 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited April 2013
    Vayne said:
    I'll probably regret this and get torn apart again for it, but screw it...

I would have to say there is a distinct difference between my light-hearted joke which I knew she would recognize as a patently false statement versus the organized and malicious responses people who work and support Hashan are submitted to regularly by certain parts of the playerbase.

I'm am not so arrogant or delusion to say that it is the only reason, but I think the constant defamation of the faction by the swarms of bitter alts, factional elitists, their mindless fanboys, and just plain assholes is a contributing reason to why less people would want to play a Hashani/Hashani housed character. I know if I was a newb looking to these forums I would be scared away from Hashan the way it is characterized constantly.

I know I'm fooling myself by expecting any maturity or constructive feedback from these forums, and God forbid I should expect some human decency behind the empowering cloak of anonymity the net provides, but I in some sense of misplaced duty feel I need to defend Hashan. It has tons of potential, some amazing players, and awesome gods guiding it. It would be a real shame if some player missed out on an aspect of the game they might actually enjoy in Hashan because they got plowed by the forum brigade.

This is a game after all.

I think perhaps you are taking the "What is Hashan" jokes slightly too seriously. If anyone's going to respond negatively to your post, it's because you started it with the "I know people are going to respond negatively to this" thing, which is never a good idea. Or it might be the way you insinuate that people are causing others to "miss out" on quitting their orgs and joining the one you run.

I like the Hashan jokes as much as anyone and Hashan is easily my favourite city in the game. If I didn't like the philosophy behind Evil so much, that is absolutely where I would be.
    VaehlSherazad
    Yue said:
    Hashan is sad.
    Any city that is bothered by a rogue serpent newbie making a(n) (obvious joke) completely baseless claim about their city on forums is actually kind of a sad city.
    Mishgul said:
    Maybe spend more time making hashan more relevant by declaring war on Ashtan.
    Win.
Sign In to Comment.