Neraeos, God of the Sea

Mmm. Think of all the calamari he must have access to. Look at the SIZE of those things.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Is that Fluffy in the background?
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • BRB, man-swooning.

• I WIN

...and the kraken's name is Makiradekha. 

• Neraeos Fylakas, I'm assuming?
  • Out of curiosity, how long does one of these pieces usually take, from beginning to end?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I can totally see this man doing epic solo battles with monster creatures. Makes all those cool deathsight messages more awesome.

Omg tentacles :(

I have to say, this is probably my overall favourite art piece so far. Underwater scenes are brilliant and the attention to detail is amazing.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• @Berenene The race art is generally 8-12 hours, while the Gods art is more like 15-20 hours, due to the high level of detail.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Those sharks are cute. Totally the main star of the portrait. Kek.

In all honesty, Neraeos looks pretty good. So HE was the one who set his pet kraken on me. D:
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Looks like a Greek Hero in the ocean, good drawing but couldn't tell it was a immortal.

Trident is a bit weird, the middle prong is the shortest for some reason.

What hair product does he use, how does he keep his hair in place so well under water?  Maybe that's how you tell he is immortal, he defies the laws of style.
  • Tanaar said:
    Neraeos Fylakas, I'm assuming?

I would bet a large amount of thingies that it is. And it is very well done.
  • why does he have a Spartan getup?

• Tarkanian said:
    why does he have a Spartan getup?
    How else do you normally swim in the ocean?
  • Awesome manta ray picture... I mean... Neraeos!
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Berenene said:
    Tarkanian said:
    why does he have a Spartan getup?
    How else do you normally swim pose nonchalantly in the ocean?

• edited March 2013
    I always pictured him more...salty. He doesnt seem to fit in with the environment, feels like someone just cropped a warrior pic and pasted it over a deep sea pic. I at least pictured him topless with a few fins.

• Don't like this portrait that much, actually.
    Kind of afraid to criticize the way Nereaos looks, however, for fear of being attacked his pet sharks Order members who seem to like it.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Regardless of how you pictured him, this is how Neraeos Fylakas looks. It's pretty spot on to what I imagined.

You're probably thinking of one of the other aspects, some of which would be closer to the stereotyped "Ocean God" tropes.
  • edited March 2013
    I concur. We need portraits of his other aspects. 

edit: I could have a background for every day of the week.....

• From Asara's old site:

NERAEOS

God of the Sea
    Form as Fylakas

He is a radiant Immortal and is the very picture of self-assured youth. Tall and lean, His stance radiates strength and confidence even though His armour, managing grace and casual elegance among stiff leather and bronze. Dark, blonde hair, sandy in some places, is perpetually touseled around a face of bronze skin and blue-green, expressive eyes. Despite His initially young appearance, His expression is stern, His face hardened into a maturity that speaks of divine eternity. The scent of the sea, fresh and salty, ever lingers about Him, the legacy of His realm, and strong, calloused hands always possess a weapon in their grasp, ready to fight, protect, and challenge. He is wearing 2 sturdy runewarden's scabbards, a bright blue ribbon, an opaline brooch, a purple and white silken tunic, sculpted bronze greaves, the Ring of Virtas, a snow-white sealskin cloak emblazoned with a golden hippocampus, a brilliant cuirass of solid bronze, a purple cord of Duty, simple leather sandals, a stunning bracelet of interwoven coral and platinum, a gem-studded oceanic ring of hammered silver, a brazen helm with a plume of white coral spines, and a Pendant of Oceans.

Form as Pelagia 

He is a radiant Immortal and is standing before you with a quiet, wise expression. Ten feet tall, His face is ageless and contemplative, with piercing blue-green eyes that stare into your soul. Black hair tumbles in curls to His shoulders, and His black beard has been braided with seaweed and tiny shells. Bare-chested save for the small pendant that graces His form, Neraeos would appear almost human save for the moments when parts of His form appear to dissolve into swirling water, only to reform into exquisit flesh.

Form as Virtas

He is a radiant Immortal and is standing before you, wreathed in a shimmering cloud of mist. He is nearly ten feet tall, and completely enveloped by a cloak of dark, midnight blue. A heavy cowl obscures His immortal face, leaving all in shadow but two blazing eyes of azure fire. The cloud of mist swirls around around Him with violence, sometimes erupting with small bolts of lightning that streak to the ground, illuminating flickering phantasms of a stormy ocean before fading away. Whispers of crashing waves echo from the shadowed form, speaking quiet words that reflect the calm of the ocean in the midst of the raging maelstrom of existence.

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited March 2013
    It wasn't that I think the picture is not true to the description. It's more the picture itself. The eyes, the body shape and the way the clothing looks on him, and something about the limbs and lighting.

EDIT: I would so like to see  Nereaos Virtas.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Wow, he is so pretty. 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• He kind of reminds me of Daniel Johns from Silverchair.

Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Thanks, @Mathonwy. Not only did you abandon me, but now I have "Ana's Song" stuck in my head. :/

Personally, I think he looks kind of like what would happen if Finn Jones impregnated an anime schoolgirl - just look at those come-hither lips! But, it does match the description.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • edited March 2013
    @Amunet, Good point. Skirt maybe a little short.
    @Sarapis According to QI, if that's a collosal squid/gaint cranch squid if you made calamari from it each ring would be as big as a tractor tire. 
  • Lisbethae said:
    (OOC Clan): Penwize says, "...Neraeos is Aquaman in Jesus form?"

(OOC Clan): Xer says, "This guy is more like an underwater Adonis."

To all of those things I say, yes. Yes, he is.

• Damn. Aquaman is kind of hot.