Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Ask your Producer: Traits edition

245

Comments

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Veldrin said:
    Delphinus said:
    I'll echo the request for some more concrete facts. Also,

    Limbcrusher
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    About:
    You're guaranteed to always break four limbs while TRAMPLING, but at the cost of reduced avoidance from being mounted.

    Major Trait: Yes
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Necromancy buff.
    ^Was anything considered for that buff or was it an oversight? 
    Yes, it's being monitored, it's another situation where we decided to not pre-hobble the trait on potential scenarios. Worst case, we may add a similar "aura" to the kai energy aura.
    NemutaurDelphinus
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sena said:
    I've always thought that dexterity (and any other dodging bonuses) were meaningless against denizens. Do they give physical damage reduction against denizens instead? Does that apply to all dodging increases (speed elixir, weaving, acrobatics, etc.)?
    There are some situations where you can dodge denizen attacks (although not common at all), and avoidance comes into play here.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaPosts: 4,565Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Just to clarify: Are you saying the riding bonus/light stepper trait are ONLY useful against those rare denizens that dodge? Or is some kind of damage mitigation (like the Avoidance skill) involved?
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

    But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Melodie said:
    Just to clarify: Are you saying the riding bonus/light stepper trait are ONLY useful against those rare denizens that dodge? Or is some kind of damage mitigation (like the Avoidance skill) involved?
    Against denizens, yes. It is still highly effective in player-vs-player combat.
  • AktillumAktillum PhilippinesPosts: 1,365Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 2013
    Cheap shot: Currently 40 - 60 bleed per hit, nothing influences the bleed amount up or down.

    Does that mean it doesn't stack with itself? ie if I parry 20 attacks in a row they won't be bleeding for 1200 hp? (not factoring clotting/moss)

  • SilvarienSilvarien Posts: 570Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Another question, if that's okay...

    What is the bonus given by Marksman? It seemed to make a very real difference in the amount of times I hit a target, but some stuff may have been involved that I didn't take into account.
  • ZeonZeon Posts: 757Member
    It stacks @ Aktillum. But you have to factor in clotting and how long it takes them to attack and hit parry that many times.

                   Party right, party hard,

                                            Sing and dance, perfect bard.

                                                                     Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

                                                                                             Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

    Exelethril
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aktillum said:
    Cheap shot: Currently 40 - 60 bleed per hit, nothing influences the bleed amount up or down.

    Does that mean it doesn't stack with itself? ie if I parry 20 attacks in a row they won't be bleeding for 1200 hp? (not factoring clotting/moss)
    It stacks with itself, yes, so it adds additional bleeding with every additional parry.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Silvarien said:
    Another question, if that's okay...

    What is the bonus given by Marksman? It seemed to make a very real difference in the amount of times I hit a target, but some stuff may have been involved that I didn't take into account.
    Bows have an behind-the-scenes stat that's akin to to-hit on melee weapons, the trait increased that stat by a percentage. Depending on the type of bow, this could be anywhere from a 15% to ~30% accuracy boost.
  • SilvarienSilvarien Posts: 570Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Tecton said:
    Silvarien said:
    Another question, if that's okay...

    What is the bonus given by Marksman? It seemed to make a very real difference in the amount of times I hit a target, but some stuff may have been involved that I didn't take into account.
    Bows have an behind-the-scenes stat that's akin to to-hit on melee weapons, the trait increased that stat by a percentage. Depending on the type of bow, this could be anywhere from a 15% to ~30% accuracy boost.
    Oh, I understand now, thanks!
  • LoemLoem Posts: 6Member
    Will Expert Diagnoser conflict with the Succor ability in Healing, or is it completely different? Not thinking of taking it since that would be redundant. Something of a 'what if'.

    Also, one that's been bugging for a while:
    Wild Walker - What is the exact effect?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Loem said:
    Will Expert Diagnoser conflict with the Succor ability in Healing, or is it completely different? Not thinking of taking it since that would be redundant. Something of a 'what if'.

    Also, one that's been bugging for a while:
    Wild Walker - What is the exact effect?
    Won't conflict, no. If you've got succor, you probably wouldn't want the trait unless you needed some silent check that does not interrupt your offense.

    Wild Walker: Reduces the environment moving delay on the wilderness map.
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesPosts: 2,333Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Regarding Sawbones, dry restore (no broken limbs) seems to have doubles (to 6s), but restoring off 4 broken limbs takes approx 10s as per usual.  Is this right (making sure its not a bug on the 4 broken limb side).
    image
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Achilles said:
    Regarding Sawbones, dry restore (no broken limbs) seems to have doubles (to 6s), but restoring off 4 broken limbs takes approx 10s as per usual.  Is this right (making sure its not a bug on the 4 broken limb side).
    There is a small bug here, it'll be fixed next time I put new changes live (in the morning)
  • LoemLoem Posts: 6Member
    Tecton said:
    Wild Walker: Reduces the environment moving delay on the wilderness map.
    Is this just for harsher terrains like snow, or a reduction in general, and an estimate on the reduction amount?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Loem said:
    Tecton said:
    Wild Walker: Reduces the environment moving delay on the wilderness map.
    Is this just for harsher terrains like snow, or a reduction in general, and an estimate on the reduction amount?
    For terrains that have a delay associated with their environment, and about 50%
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellaterePosts: 2,588Member, Seafaring Liason @@ - Legendary Achaean
    you know, if receptive body/mind is going to be incompatible with all the stat boosts, you may as well consolidate it into a single major trait for an all around sip bonus. I can understand not wanting people to be able to stack Receptive Body with robust, but now we can't even spread the love around. I think I had a Brilliance / Receptive Body combination before the reset.


    TanaarSenaDarklyre
  • SylvanceSylvance Posts: 1,477Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    @Tecton - Sorry; I'm sure that this is a dumb question:  Is it a Cheap Shot on the part of the parryer or parryee?  That is, does having your attack parried, or successfully parrying an attack, cause the person with this trait to give a bleeding wound?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • IocunIocun Posts: 3,505Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sylvance said:
    @Tecton - Sorry; I'm sure that this is a dumb question:  Is it a Cheap Shot on the part of the parryer or parryee?  That is, does having your attack parried, or successfully parrying an attack, cause the person with this trait to give a bleeding wound?
    Just to save Tecton some time: it's a trait for the parrying person. If I parry my left arm and you attack my left arm, you start to bleed a bit upon hitting my parry.
    Sylvance
  • SylvanceSylvance Posts: 1,477Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited March 2013
    Iocun said:
    Sylvance said:
    @Tecton - Sorry; I'm sure that this is a dumb question:  Is it a Cheap Shot on the part of the parryer or parryee?  That is, does having your attack parried, or successfully parrying an attack, cause the person with this trait to give a bleeding wound?
    Just to save Tecton some time: it's a trait for the parrying person. If I parry my left arm and you attack my left arm, you start to bleed a bit upon hitting my parry.
    So it's a skill trait for Bards and that-class-with-chaos-orbs?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    Arador
  • IocunIocun Posts: 3,505Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 2013
    I think it won't work on chaos orbs, but no guarantees. Probably does on trueparry. Doesn't on guarding.

    But yes, even without it hitting chaos orbs it can be very useful for occies, since they can use the orb to static parry and move their real parry around in an attempt to get their opponent to hit it.
    Sylvance
  • SylvanceSylvance Posts: 1,477Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Iocun said:
    I think it won't work on chaos orbs, but no guarantees. Probably does on trueparry. Doesn't on guarding.
    Okay, huge thanks.

    One down, ten to go.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • XithXith Posts: 2,601Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tecton said:
    Melodie said:
    Just to clarify: Are you saying the riding bonus/light stepper trait are ONLY useful against those rare denizens that dodge? Or is some kind of damage mitigation (like the Avoidance skill) involved?
    Against denizens, yes. It is still highly effective in player-vs-player combat.
    Reassuring given my 18 dex.
    And slightly off-topic, but dex's obvious shortcomings are against non-physical damage and denizens. People always preach con over dex for that reason. And in raid melee where getting webbed/paralysed/etc reduces your chance to dodge those knights' dsl to near zero, it quickly loses any value it had.

    Are there any buffs/changes to dex's function being considered?
    Cause in Xith's current state, the arties and being level 87 are starting to make up for the squishiness, but mid-level people are going to struggle with a dex choice until they manage to hunt up higher, which as mentioned is harder without con.

    Last concern is with certain physical skills like thornrend and meta maul. a) is there a chance to dodge them? b) is it high enough?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • DraukaDrauka Posts: 243Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    (TIL Gods don't sleep)
  • AdaAda Posts: 188Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Anyone know if the crit pendant stacks with the lucky trait?
  • GreysGreys Posts: 683Member, Seafaring Liason ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Could I get it confirmed the gathering trait still doesn't help butchering despite it being a skill in gathering?
  • KatzchenKatzchen MhaldorPosts: 2,000Member
    Greys said:
    Could I get it confirmed the gathering trait still doesn't help butchering despite it being a skill in gathering?
    I'm pretty sure I've noticed an increase on the max ammount you can butcher with the trait.


                   Honourable, knight eternal,

                                            Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

                                                                     Necromanctic to the core,

                                                                                             Dance with death forever more.



  • AitoxAitox South AfricaPosts: 247Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Old trait question: the "Lucky" trait, by how much does it increase your chances to score a critical hit? Thanks.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 202Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Question, if your character is human, they already have a crit bonus. Would lucky stack, cancel it out and be the same or not even be worth it?

    image

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ada said:
    Anyone know if the crit pendant stacks with the lucky trait?

    Siena said:
    Question, if your character is human, they already have a crit bonus. Would lucky stack, cancel it out and be the same or not even be worth it?
    Double header! Yes, it stacks with both!
    SienaPrytheOrchist
This discussion has been closed.