Sartan, the Malevolent

Comments

• The pants are a bit too tight. And he needs a haircut. Perhaps that's the reason He turned to Evil.

jkjkjkjkjkjkjjkjk it's great. :)
  • I'll admit that I was expecting horns to be in his portrait but I'll also admit that I haven't looked at Sartan recently as opposed to, say, Horns or Apples.  Still, he looks fairly imposing and this gives me a more complete mental image of him stepping on the statue that fell on Prospero during the end of the 'Bal'met the Worldreaver' arc.  Still, well done -- it captures the angry look nicely.  The pants seem a bit tight but that probably has something to do with Suffering. 

Hey, if that's Mhaldor in the background, I think I can see my spire from here. 
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Can't say I really like it. I don't know if it is fitting or not to the description, though I suppose it is. But I am somewhat underwhelmed anyway

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Verrucht said:
    Looks like a very angry...

The real question is, is Mhaldor under Him squeaky-clean?
  • Horns? I'm unsure why anyone would expect him to have horns. Got that comment in the gallery comments too. 
  • edited February 2013
    Think he looks better without horns to be honest, especially considering he doesn't even have them ig. Just not too sure about the trousers and the stance. He does look badass otherwise, though. No wonder he kicks almost all the rest of the Divine's asses.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I touched that sword. It's a very nice sword.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Hmmm. I  like it.
    Dragonknight tells you, "SAIBEL SAIBEL BO BAIBEL FE FI FO FABLE."
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Shaitan had horns, Sartan didn't have horns.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Silvarien said:
    Verrucht said:

Well, he could be an alternate universe Mr. Clean. Makes the whole place a mess instead.

All in all, I like the look, not quite what I expected, but still very nice.
  • Sarapis said:
    Horns? I'm unsure why anyone would expect him to have horns. Got that comment in the gallery comments too. 
    My fault, really. I didn't see Sartan before the Sundering and I didn't examine his description after the Merging(TM). 
  • I was actually expecting him to look more like

:-?
  • Kinda looks like Kratos, pretty badass regardless.

• Babel looks a lot more scarier to be honest.. 

and is it me, or that's a G.I. Joe toy pose? 

Don't know the other portraits have more natural looks, this one is a bit off in my opinion, still an amazing drawing.

• I bet that's Cain's stormhammer in the background.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited February 2013

Yes, I see the resemblance.

• The stance looks really generic, like a create-a-god pose. Don't like it at all. Love the detail on the bloodsteel boots/greaves and the sword, though, and I like the reddening of his veins to illustrate the maleficence, but isn't Sartan supposed to be horribly disfigured?

• FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Deiren said:
    Silvarien said:
    Verrucht said:

Well, he could be an alternate universe Mr. Clean. Makes the whole place a mess instead.

All in all, I like the look, not quite what I expected, but still very nice.
    He's going to mop the floor with buckets of our blood.

• Those pants are just not tight enough sorry.
  • edited February 2013
    Sarapis said:
    Horns? I'm unsure why anyone would expect him to have horns. Got that comment in the gallery comments too. 
    @Sarapis - Sartan. Satan. Satan has horns, right? And a goatee beard. Because Church-smear-campaign-and-all-that.  It's a dumb thing for players to assume, but understandably dumb. You can't reasonably name your God of Evil Sartan and not expect some cognitive leakage.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    He looks too much like a WWE bad guy, maybe the heel Kurt Angle

• FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    So....this means Deucalion has to look like Macho Man Randy Savage...right?
    Achilles said:
    He looks too much like a WWE bad guy, maybe the heel Kurt Angle

• Now if only you guys got someone to actually play him...