Too Big for your Boots?

13»

Comments

• Why not make it so you choose an element, or land type or even have it factional, ie if you're eleusian you can become a treekin, or giant ent (think lotr) etc, you choose mountain and become a giant or something. each have their own skillset and you can change once every year or whatever.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sounds like viridian on steroids.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I keep reading this title as "Boobs" and am repeatedly let down.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • And something called 'horde', where if they sit on a pile of gold and meditate for a month, it accumulates interest.
  • @Xith - Can you share whatever it is you're smoking this morning, my man?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • @Sylvance O2, brah.
  • Iocun said:
    Arador said:
    Multiclass would be insanely hard to Balance. Bad idea. Maybe a utility skillset that would give convenience but no combat stuff please.
    Can you give an example of what would make it hard to balance? (Compared to currently balancing dragon with all the classes?)

Of course there may be some difficulties needing to be worked out, but I'm sure there are solutions.

As for the single-class house issue: hrm, well, it might be fine to allow multiclassing to any other class allowed by your city, without having house-class requirements interfere. Rogues would simply be banned from any combination containing classes of opposing factions (so no Priest-Occultist or Druid-Necromancer). Some other combinations like knight-serpent are questionable too and might be banned as well.
    Sorry, I kept thinking of Multiclass as having additional skillsets to your current ones, not swapping back and forth. I take that back

• Here is this thing I came up with ages ago that I'll repost here because no reason. The basic idea is not to replace dragonhood, but to expand it, creating ongoing activities for post-99s to engage in that are limited to post-99s. Presently, dragonhood is sort of a reward that lets you do everything you were already doing, better.

1. New resource: quintessence (or whatever name).

The activities below reward a dragon with quintessence. Because experience becomes almost pointless to pursue once a person hits dragon, and splashing gold around in large quantities risks destabilising the economy, a new form of reward is necessary.

Quintessence is used for obtaining/using new dragon abilities (cheap), and expanding one's lair (expensive).

2. At level 100, dragons can opt into one of three different systems: Dominion, Conquest, and Erudition.

Dominion: The bashing one. A dragon declares their lordship over a single NPC village, eg. Adryn's Keep, Tomacula, Bagwar's Copse. They must first intimidate the villagers, and then protect their new domain. Other dragons can try to undermine your dominion and steal a village from you. Dominion will naturally slowly decay if you do not maintain it.

Villages tithe quintessence to their dragon overlord once in a while. Higher-level villages are harder to maintain, but tithe more quintessence.

Conquest: The PK one. Dragons of conquest may kill other dragons of conquest in such a way that the last drop of their life's blood spilled forms a bloodstone. Pretty simple: they PK each other. A bloodstone can be consumed for quintessence.

(The bloodstone thing is based on the one Geh'shya used to drop in Belladona's Keep. Its desc suggested that all dragons would yield a similar thing when slain. Pre-existing lore! Blammo.)

The trick is to set it up to train people into good PK behaviour, rather than trashy antics. It shouldn't be totally regulated and sterile, it shouldn't be a challenge -> accept arena duelling system, there should be some liveliness and unpredictability to it. But it also shouldn't reward sleazy killroom-type behaviour.

Erudition: The exploration/questing one. Ethian's Crossing casts a shadow over Sapience, and quintessence builds up in unexpected places. At random, semi-regular times, a couple of random rooms are chosen, and clues are somehow procedurally generated that lead to them. Find the room, get the prize. This one needs work.

3. New abilities

There are some new abilities in Dragoncraft which you can buy with quintessence. I don't know what they are. Maybe they cost quintessence to unlock and then are free, or maybe they have a quintessence cost to use.

4. Dragons get lairs.

A lair is a little pocket plane belonging to a dragon that they may enter through the Parthren Gare. They're connected in a similar manner to ships in a harbour, you'd LAIR ENTER CARMAIN, rather than through conventional exits, so an unlimited number can elegantly exist side by side. A lair is expanded like a subdivision house. You buy one for a million quintessence, then buy new rooms for more quintessence, connect them together, change their descriptions, change their environment, make them indoors or outdoors, buy ambient messages, and the rest of it, and bam: you've got your underground magma lake supervillain lair, or silver sandstone palace atop a wall cloud, or tumbledown ziggurat amid lush jungle surrounds, or creepy leather sex dungeon.

Lairs can be connected or shielded from communication with the Prime plane (like ships with commscreen) - if you buy the ability with quintessence. A dragon can bring others into their lair, and boot them out - if you buy the ability with quintessence. Wyvern minions - quintessence. A hoard, a glittering mound upon which to amass your gold and treasures - quintessence. Other upgrades and fixtures - quintessence. Imagine I had a great list of them here.

5. New dragon-only bashing areas.

Create a big one, maybe add more later on. Make them utterly inaccessible to sub-99s. Balance them for dragons. Very challenging, but also fun, with tricky mechanics on some of the mobs, rather than just Chenubis-style overwhelming damage and double loki on every attack. Make the bashing areas yield quintessence, but in fractional amounts compared to Dominion/Conquest/Erudition, for people who just want to bash and aren't interested in the conflict setup. This will ideally also tempt dragons away from other high-level bashing areas.
    Yeah, what he said...
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • edited March 2013
    Read boots as boobs. Now immensely disappointed. Aborting thread.

Read Blujixakfoek post before aborting, not disappointed anymore. I WANT TO HOLD DOMINION OVER JARU.
  • edited March 2013
    Why'd you leave Mhaldor? We'll get Jaru eventually, no matter what Silas' motto says.

• Not if I get it first, you CR 1 maggot.
  • 10.10 City List of Sapience

Many cities cover the lands of Sapience, but five in particular deserve
    special attention -

Ashtan  (see HELP 12.3.1)      Cyrene  (see HELP 12.3.6)
    Hashan  (see HELP 12.3.3)      Eleusis (see HELP 12.3.5)
    Mhaldor (see HELP 12.3.4)

For more details, review the other parts of section 12 (HELP GEOGRAPHY) also.

Just sayin.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    10.10 City List of Sapience

special attention -

Just sayin.
    At first I thought they were in alphabetical order. Then I realised that they aren't. They are in order of something else; see if you can figure it out, folks.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Sylvance said:
    Trevize said:
    10.10 City List of Sapience

special attention -

Just sayin.
    At first I thought they were in alphabetical order. Then I realised that they aren't. They are in order of something else; see if you can figure it out, folks.
    Colourfulness in ascending order?
  • Sena said:
    Sylvance said:
    I think I found it.
    [spoiler]They're in order (lowest to highest, going down the left column and then down the right column) of the lowest integer value for x that results in the value of the city name (sum of the letter values, with a=1, b=2, etc.) in the formula -1/10*x^6+163/120*x^5-31/12*x^4-887/24*x^3+12611/60*x^2-3809/10*x+272. This means that Shallam (with a value of 4) would be above Cyrene and Eleusis on the right column. And Targossas (6) will be between Cyrene and Eleusis.[/spoiler]Right?
    I love you.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Sena said:
    Sylvance said:
    I think I found it.
    [spoiler]They're in order (lowest to highest, going down the left column and then down the right column) of the lowest integer value for x that results in the value of the city name (sum of the letter values, with a=1, b=2, etc.) in the formula -1/10*x^6+163/120*x^5-31/12*x^4-887/24*x^3+12611/60*x^2-3809/10*x+272. This means that Shallam (with a value of 4) would be above Cyrene and Eleusis on the right column. And Targossas (6) will be between Cyrene and Eleusis.[/spoiler]Right?
    I will be so disappointed if that isn't where Targossas ends up.