Mudlet questions & answers!

Comments

• I am really bad with mudlet beyond simple aliases and triggers. This might have been asked before but I was thinking how do I do A and upon regaining balance do B then upon regaining balance do C and so on without having to create a crazily complex set of commands. Perhaps something I can squeeze into a normally created alias
  • Sounds like you want a do queue. I believe @Iocun has one on his script page thingy here.
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    @Vadimuses:

I'm getting some more crashes, and I can't seem to find a profile that will work. Could you help me, please?

Here's my gdb backtrace:

Thank you in advance!
    Vadi just got back to me: corrupted map. Deleted the map file, and was back in business.

That's the second time that I've gotten a corrupted map. Going to start making a good map purging my go-to fix, like rebooting my computer, next time.
  • Hrm... In mudlet mapper is there a way to move the room adjacent (connected with an exit) to the one I'm standing without going to it? 
    Something like "rc <dir>" does for the room I'm standing. 
    I recall doing it in the past, but cant find documentation either online or in my notes now...

• Josoul said:
    Hrm... In mudlet mapper is there a way to move the room adjacent (connected with an exit) to the one I'm standing without going to it? 
    I recall doing it in the past, but cant find documentation either online or in my notes now...
    Find the room id for the room you want to move (you can get it from 'rl'), and use "rc v<id> <dir>".
  • Eld said:

Josoul said:
    Hrm... In mudlet mapper is there a way to move the room adjacent (connected with an exit) to the one I'm standing without going to it? 
    Find the room id for the room you want to move (you can get it from 'rl'), and use "rc v<id> <dir>".
    Yeah, that's the "hard" way. When you need to map a new area that needs double spacing a lot this way takes long time and needs a lot of typing (or another way is to turn on/off, move, adjust, keep moving, etc which is tedious). I recall I was excited and happy when I found once something along the lines of "rc <exit> <dir>" where you didnt need to know/find the id of the <exit>, the position of it was enough, but looking through the scripts it's not there any more. Maybe it was a feature in an older version and wasnt kept in the update.
  • edited April 2013
    Select the room, right-click and move?

I haven't deleted any features yet from the mapper.
  • How do I get the map to remember its size and position?
    All this time I have to drag it to the size I want after opening the map.
  • I think I got this off of the Mudlet forums a while back. Just save it into a script @Hideyoshi.

createMapper(1050,350,380,380) --x, y, width, height
    edited April 2013
    Having some difficulty with gui scripting in mudlet. Here's a picture of the problem:

There's this inexplicable black gap between the pink sleep label, and the purple gauge below it. It's inside of a Geyser.VBox, which should expand automatically to fill the gap.

Here's my code:

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, tried changing line #50 in the sample above from

memberDictionary["bottomBorder"] = Geyser.Label:new( { name= affliction .. "BottomBorder",v_policy=Geyser.Fixed, height=1, color="black", }, affBox)

to

memberDictionary["bottomBorder"] = Geyser.Label:new( { name= affliction .. "BottomBorder",v_policy=Geyser.Fixed, height=1, color="red", }, affBox)

in order to see if the black box would get entirely colored red. Instead, I just have a thin red line.

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    *twirls hair*

So, new to mudlet, still way out of my element. Fairly simple question (maybe?):

I'm now getting told about wormholes when I change rooms, this is not relevant to me and only increases the potential information overload of my tiny little mind. How can I make svo/Mudlet/whichever is doing it stop telling me?

ps wormholes are already turned off

• Oh man, I was thinking about it when I added them (just a few days ago) - whenever to display it all the time or when wormholes are on. Decided to go with all the time, because there can be one wormhole at a time in a room, and it would be helpful for people who can't use them to know that they exist (to know where a serpent can travel quickly or run, or get jealous and buy a vibrating stick)...

Well, disable the Wormhole Vision™ trigger, and that'll do it.
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    ... Its starting to work, I sort of really want one of those things now D:

but thanks!

• NemutaurNemutaur Germany

Vadimuses said:
    Oh man, I was thinking about it when I added them (just a few days ago) - whenever to display it all the time or when wormholes are on. Decided to go with all the time, because there can be one wormhole at a time in a room, and it would be helpful for people who can't use them to know that they exist (to know where a serpent can travel quickly or run, or get jealous and buy a vibrating stick)...

@Vadimuses: while we're on the wormhole topic, how can I add wormholes to my own mudlet map? I can't find anything in the documentation wiki.
  • I'm using mudlet on 64bit Windows 7. And while hunting sometimes mudlet freezes and stops receiveing input.
    Why does it does this?
  • Nemutaur said:

Vadimuses said:
    Oh man, I was thinking about it when I added them (just a few days ago) - whenever to display it all the time or when wormholes are on. Decided to go with all the time, because there can be one wormhole at a time in a room, and it would be helpful for people who can't use them to know that they exist (to know where a serpent can travel quickly or run, or get jealous and buy a vibrating stick)...

@Vadimuses: while we're on the wormhole topic, how can I add wormholes to my own mudlet map? I can't find anything in the documentation wiki.
    Use http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/IRE_mapping_script#spe_-_link_rooms_via_special_commands
  • Eurynomos said:
    I'm using mudlet on 64bit Windows 7. And while hunting sometimes mudlet freezes and stops receiveing input.
    Why does it does this?
    Haven't heard about this issue and there's nothing in Mudlet that makes it go "okay, let's stop receiving input now". Could your firewall problem perhaps?
  • For some reason anything to do with tattoos isnt working ! cannot even look at my tattoos or use them. Probably something blindingly obvious but I'm rather useless at this sort of thing.
  • I think you made an alias that is catching your command.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Trying to figure out how to gag customprompt.
    Is this possible? Assuming I did something like, aiming in every direction or attempting to throw something in every direction, after gagging the 'not here' messages it will still send the prompt a bunch of times.
    Is this something simple I'm overlooking?
    I tried looking at the vconfig singleprompt option to see how it does it but I've very little experience coding not to mention I couldn't even find the damn thing in the scripts triggers or alias folders.
    HALP?

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited May 2013
    You should be able to just do return isPrompt() and deleteLine. I haven't had any issues with that conflicting with Svo.

Alternativey, when you gag the not here lines, use svo.deleteLineP()
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Svo.deleteLineP () I think

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    I'm crying with how much I love you people.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • I've been trying for 2 days to get this to work. Tried everything I could think of. I even turned off ndb, still nothing.

^(\w+)  takes some (?:salve|balm) from a vial and rubs it on (?:his|her) arms.$

function HighlightLine()

selectCurrentLine()

fg("black")

bg("deep_pink")

resetFormat()

end

I've tried the trigger line as all the following:

^(\w+)  takes some (?:salve|balm) from a vial and rubs it on (?:his|her) arms\.$

^\w+  takes some (?:salve|balm) from a vial and rubs it on (?:his|her) arms.$

And different variations of the above. What could be wrong? It's all perl regex. Both the trigger itself and the group are activated. 

• Is that function definition the entirety of the trigger script? If so, you need to make sure that it gets called at some point, i.e.:

function HighlightLine()

selectCurrentLine()

fg("black")

bg("deep_pink")

resetFormat()

end

HighlightLine()

Generally, it would be advisable to put the definition in a script somewhere (instead of in the trigger), so you don't have to go through the definition every time the trigger fires, and then just have the entire trigger script be just the HighlightLine() call.
  • You could as well leave the function definition out, if this is the only place where you want this highlight fired. So the script would be like

selectCurrentLine()

fg("black")

bg("deep_pink")

resetFormat()

If this is not the only place you want these highlights, Eld's recommandation to put the function definition into a script and calling it in the trigger.
  • You have two spaces between the name and takes in your trigger... are perhaps that is the problem?
  • I only want to mushroom sigils if I send certain aliases and if the sigils are flamed. If they're not flamed, I want to pick them up only when the aliases are sent. This does that, only it will also mushroom if I probe sigils that are flamed without using the aliases. If anyone knows how I can fix it, I'd appreciate it.

Aliases:

^ccc$

mushroom = cube

flame = no

send("p cube")

if flame == no then

send("get cube")

end

^mmm$

mushroom = monolith

flame = no

send("p monolith")

if flame == no then

send("get monolith")

end

Trigger:

^There is a flame-shaped sigil attached\. \((\d+) months remaining\)$

flame = yes

if mushroom == cube then

sendAll("get mushroom from pack", "attach mushroom to cubesigil")

elseif mushroom == monolith then

sendAll("get mushroom from pack", "attach mushroom to monolithsigil")

end