Mudlet questions & answers!

Comments

• edited December 2012

I'm running 12.12.5 mapper script, and I have the latest crowdmap... but mudlet still ignores my wings.  I know there were problems in general awhile back with the mapper, so I figured maybe the wings not working was just part of that.  I've got Vadi's latest fixes for the mapper (deleting everything in the mudlet folder and replacing with the zip files).  Still just doesn't use wings.  Wormholes mostly work... and if I duanathar, the mapper does figure out what I've done, but eh...

EDIT:  or not... now it actually thinks that duanathar is getting off the path. 

• NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    @Vadimuses: Thank you!
  • Jules said:

I'm running 12.12.5 mapper script, and I have the latest crowdmap... but mudlet still ignores my wings.  I know there were problems in general awhile back with the mapper, so I figured maybe the wings not working was just part of that.  I've got Vadi's latest fixes for the mapper (deleting everything in the mudlet folder and replacing with the zip files).  Still just doesn't use wings.  Wormholes mostly work... and if I duanathar, the mapper does figure out what I've done, but eh...

EDIT:  or not... now it actually thinks that duanathar is getting off the path. 

Does this link help you?
  • Enable GMCP.  And I should have remembered better ;)  Thanks. 

• XaeXae
    edited December 2012
    So recently, I put some potash into my rift, and was told that it was an "unrecognised rift item". Decided to IR to update my rift, only to see that all of the minerals had the same prompt in red. Erm? I haven't touched a single thing nor edited any coding. (I do have your SVO, Vadi.)
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• You probably have... Sohl's? .. rift script installed, which doesn't recognize minerals.
  • XaeXae
    edited December 2012
    Jacen said:
    You probably have... Sohl's? .. rift script installed, which doesn't recognize minerals.
    Ah, never mind! Figured it out!
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Just uninstall the rift_V2 package from the package manager

• Is there a way to make user windows that scroll?  It looks like it was something being discussed to be implemented at a future date, but not sure if the capability is there somewhere now?
  • There isn't, no. Mudlet test8 allows to zoom the map though via a function.
  • edited January 2013
    With Mudlet 2.0 final out, SVO's peopletracker doesn't work, crowdmap doesn't update 

(mapper): Sorry, it seems your Mudlet isn't compatible with the new crowdmap format - and the map cannot be 
    loaded fully. Please update your Mudlet:

edit:
    Fixed it... somehow. Uninstalled and reinstalled mudlet and it fixed itself.
    meh

• So, I just got the SVO and followed the instructions from the email to get it all started. I'm on a Mac, downloaded the stuff on Firefox so as not to unpackage the zips. Ran the latest Mudlet, open up the Package Manager, install the SVO, and this message gets displayed before I can even get out of the Package Manager:

Then when connecting to Achaea, this comes up:

Once I'm logged in, typing vinstall prompts the normal Achaean response for unrecognized commands and nothing else happens. What am I doing wrong?
  • Try updating to the latest Mudlet available from mudlet.org.
  • That worked perfectly! Thanks!
  • I use ALT-keypad numbers for some combos. When I use them, these appear in the command line, and I have to backspace before typing anything else into it: ☺c☺♣☻♥♠♦•○◘

It happens when I release the ALT key. Is there anything I can do to turn it off or something?

• I've asked about that before. Apparently its an operating system thing that Mudlet can't/doesn't override. I've tried looking for programs to help, with no avail.

Mudlet does have functions to empty the command line though, so you could add that after your hotkey.
  • edited January 2013
    It's a Windows thing called "Alt Codes". I Googled as hard as I could, and this "feature" is not disable-able.

I think we'll have to add some clumsy workaround to Mudlet to make it try and delete the characters after you use the alt key in your keybindings. No guarantees though. It's not a problem on OSX or Ubuntu.
  • Quick question regarding timers and general alias/trigger work.

I'm playing around with Jester at the moment and I'm messing with Tarot.  How would I create an alias for a card that awaits the charge before attempting to fling?
  • Easiest thing would probably be to have the alias charge it and create a tempTrigger to fling when it's charged. Not sure about the actual commands or messages, but something like:

send("charge tarot")
    if tarot_trigger then
      killTrigger(tarot_trigger)
      tarot_trigger = nil
    end
    tarot_trigger = tempTrigger("Your card is charged and ready to fling.", [[send("fling tarot at "..target) killTrigger(tarot_trigger) tarot_trigger = nil]])

That will fling the card at whoever is set as your target when the charge line comes. If you want to make sure it uses the target as set when the alias fires (probably generally the same), you could replace the command in the tempTrigger with string.format([[send("fling tarot at %s") killTrigger(tarot_trigger)]],target).

This won't do any checks for balance, but the "if tarot_trigger" section should make it ok for spamming without piling up extra triggers.
  • Could swap out tempTrigger with tempExactMatchTrigger for a small improvement.

• Having some trouble displaying my variable tables since updating to mudlet 2.1.

In my scripts, I default:
    knownEnemies = {}
    An alias to save:
    table.save(getMudletHomeDir() .. " - knownEnemies", knownEnemies)
    An alias to load:
    table.load(getMudletHomeDir() .. " - knownEnemies", knownEnemies)
    And an alias to show the table:
    display(knownEnemies)
    Also a few aliases to add and remove names, both of which are set to check if the name is already in the table.

All of this worked before updating to 2.1, now it SEEMS as though they all work, but my display does not show anything.

I can load the table, I can add and remove names (I hit my checks when I add a name twice, etc), but when I "display(knownEnemies)" I am just given a blank line, like it doesn't know how to format the table.

Thoughts?
  • What does the errors view say?
  • It doesn't give an error. It just prints a blank line to the window.
  • Are you sure there's nothing in the errors view? Errors don't appear in the main window.
  • D'oh. How do you get to the errors view?
  • If you're talking about the little box that shows up when you have an error in your aliases, etc, then no, there is no error showing.
  • Aha!

[ERROR:] object:<Show Known Enemies> function:<Alias67>
             <[string "-------------------------------------------..."]:14: attempt to call global
    'printable' (a nil value)>
  • For reference, this is my alias to add to the table:
    if table.index_of(knownEnemies, string.title(matches[2])) == nil then

table.insert(knownEnemies,string.title(matches[2]))

cecho("Added "..matches[2].." to known enemies")

else

echo("That person is already a known enemy")

end

• I had this problem too. See if you have a folder somewhere in your scripts named Coding Pack. 
    The display function in there overrides Mudlet's display function, and uses the printable function that apparently no longer exists