Minor Traits contest

Comments

• Steward-Cooked fish will give double ship stores and morale

By Your side-Transportation ability similar to shipreturn, returns to a designated room in front of your Order's primary temple. Only applies to members of Orders, actual room set by admins. Longer delay than shipreturn, but similar restrictions. Room message of user kneeling to pray, any damage or action stops it. Only useable from same continent as the Temple
  • YueYue
    edited February 2013
    @Hermaldo - Dainty and Finicky have significant combat implications.

@Averi - I think your suggestion for being able to combine pairs of earrings should be a general fix to clothing, not a trait.

Also, my suggestion A Good Relationship could very be just an addition to the game, sans trait. A SPOUSE channel is definitely something we want.
  • They don't have significant combat implications if they were implemented as suggested :P 

• edited February 2013
    Garao said:
    They don't have significant combat implications if they were implemented as suggested :P 
    Maybe not significant, but with hunger attacks and alcohol they do have some combat implications.

How would the SPOUSE channel work? What would make it different from just sending a tell to your spouse?
  • Some minor implications != significant implications. Just because you don't see a person eating, it doesn't make the visible effects of them having cured/not cured hunger any different, so I don't see how it changes anything so much as to be an issue. :./

A difference between having a spouse channel and using tells is the ease of being overheard, I guess. 

• Spouse channels would be even better if you could use HISTORY command with it. Or the option to get it. It would be nice.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    90 minutes left!
  • That would be the best reason for IG marriage I can think of. You could trade any kind of info you want without being overheard. In fact, if you combined  it with the polygamy trait someone mentioned earlier, it would be an absolute godsend to particularly unscrupulous and embarrassment-proof spymasters. You'd have an entire network.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • In that case, a spouse channel sounds nice.
  • Where is your resolve?
    • Instead of regaining the regular 50% of lessons upon quitting class, you now instead regain a generous 75% of your lessons!
    Don't judge me.

• In Tune - Reduces the mana cost of channeling/fortifying/binding elements by ~5%. I forget what the (willpower) upkeeps are like on the last two, but it could affect them too I suppose.
  • Yeah, the Spouse channel would be great. Wouldn't even need to buy a bed!
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Sylvance said:
    Yeah, the Spouse channel would be great. Wouldn't even need to buy a bed!
    Non-serpent phase, I mean beds, still have uses!
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Sena said:
    Trevize said:
    Numbers Game: You see one more decimal point of your experience. (eg. 99% without trait/Innersight, 99.5% with trait OR innersight, 99.52% with both)

(alternative name: Sena's Friend)
    This could even go as far as making your actual experience number visible, not just a percent of the way to the next level.
    Alternative name Sena's Friend, not Sena's Dream! :p

Still, I do like the idea of that. I just think adding an extra decimal would be more... interesting.
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Music Lover - Increased experience gain from attending chorales.

Banker's Buddy - Slightly lowers bank withdrawal fees.

Undertaker - Get a message whenever one of your held corpses decays.

Track Reader - Get a command TRACKS which displays a list of all currently alive wild animals, or animal-like denizens in your area. (This will not work on mounts, pets, and other loyals.)

Kawhe Addict - Grow slightly more tired with every day you haven't had a sip of kawhe.

Survivor - Can LIGHT fires without a tinderbox.

Mole Hands - Can DIG without a shovel.

Telepathic Memory - Your channel histories (including deathsight) are 50% longer.

Record Keeper - Can READLOG up to 9 months into the past, instead of the normal 6.
  • Liked for the last two.

Speaking of kawhe, is there still a place to buy kawhe outside of Cyrene?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Going Postal - You may freely request letters from Post Offices

Updated Maps - You may increase your MAP radius by 1 (to 6)
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Slow and steady :- you get the "Do not be hasty message" 75% faster but take no damage from mass.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • @Iocun Your Survivor idea at least partially mimics the Xoran racial trait; not sure how much of a problem that would be.
  • edited February 2013
    Jiraishin said:
    Liked for the last two.

Speaking of kawhe, is there still a place to buy kawhe outside of Cyrene?
    Yeah, the Jaziran kawhe seller still is somewhere near the crater.
    Eld said:
    @Iocun Your Survivor idea at least partially mimics the Xoran racial trait; not sure how much of a problem that would be.
    Yeah, I considered that, but then, the Xoran racial trait does quite a few more things than that (fire resistance, light people on fire, melt icewalls), so I figured it might be ok.
  • Loyal friend: Ability to WALK TO people on your FRIENDS list.
  • edited February 2013
    Pen Friend: 25% discount on blank letters.
    Born and Raised: A group of traits, one for each village, that makes your default village feeling above neutral. Group so that you can only have one.
    Braggart: Increases the length of shout before you pass out.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Inuad said:
    Going Postal - You may freely request letters from Post Offices
    No. Please, if there is a god, no.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Iron Will - abilities cost 50% more mana and 50% less willpower

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • @Garao But It is sooooo funny to imagine the -facepalming- of people who overhear those convos.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Stationary kits already provide free letters to those who have them.

@Mishgul that looks abuseable for some reason.
  • Mishgul said:
    Iron Will - abilities cost 50% more mana and 50% less willpower
    I so wish I could honestly say that this has no combat implications, just so I could double-like it :(
This discussion has been closed.