GMCP

Basically a thread to request things to be added to GMCP.

-Wilderness room number support
-Subdivision room number support
-Diving room numbers

Comments

• time, people visible to you in room
  • Partytells and says to Comm
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited February 2013
    This please (or at least what's applicable) 
    Vitals = {
          deaf = "0",
          moss = "1",
          wield_right = "",
          balance = "1",
          wield_left = "",
          herb = "1",
          prone = "0",
          elixir = "0",
          focus = "1",
          cloak = "0",
          right_arm = "1",
          blind = "1",
          left_arm = "1",
          flying = "0",
          equilibrium = "1",
          salve = "1",
          pipe = "1",
          tree = "1",
          fangbarrier = "0" (this is sileris)
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    This please (or at least what's applicable) (namely bolded):
    Vitals = {
          deaf = "0",
          moss = "1",
          wield_right = "",
          class = "lycanthrope",
          balance = "1",
          status = "living",
          wp = "13058",
          soul = "100",
          maxhp = "5020",
          xp = "43561854",
          blood = "100",
          maxep = "21720",
          maxmp = "3667",
          wield_left = "",
          herb = "1",
          renew = "1",
          residual = "0",
          ep = "22842",
          hp = "5025",
          prone = "0",
          elixir = "0",
          focus = "1",
          maxwp = "15570",
          cloak = "0",
          right_arm = "1",
          blind = "1",
          string = "H:5025/5020 M:3580/3667 E:22842/21720 W:13058/15570 NL:96/100 ",
          left_arm = "1",
          flying = "0",
          nl = "96",
          equilibrium = "1",
          mp = "3580",
          salve = "1",
          pipe = "1",
          tree = "1",
          bleeding = "0",
          maxxp = "45000000",
          fangbarrier = "0" (this is sileris)
    a.k.a. things that can be abused in combat?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
    Lolwot. When was the last time you saw me fight anything bigger than a butterfly? What in the name of god makes you think that I would think about abusing anything in combat?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • EldEld
    edited February 2013
    Adding herb/salve/etc balances to vitals would make those impossible to illusion. Balances/defs that are already on the prompt would be nice.
  • Well then, since you're the only person who plays Achaea...

• Elixlist
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • decay times!
  • Adding second votes to wielded items, time, elixlist, people visible in room, tells and partytells to comm.
  • Also seconding people visible in room, weather, time, and wielded items.

What about some sort of flag for beginning and ending a map display? Something like

Room title sent to client
    <gmcp.Room.Info.mapOpen = true>
    wilderness/sub/ocean map data sent
    <gmcp.Room.Info.mapOpen = false>
    Exit data sent to client (Exits are east, west, blah blah)

Basically, the idea here is that a gmcp event could tell a clientside trigger that we're definitely about to get a map, and then a gmcp event would tell us when we've finished receiving that map.
  • I want to say yes to people in the room, but for combat purposes. Not sure if that one's fair.
  • Xith said:
    I want to say yes to people in the room, but for combat purposes. Not sure if that one's fair.
    Since the only thing that prevents people from doing it by script now is titles, or lack of specific coloring for player names, I don't see why it wouldn't be fair. Besides, WHO HERE is balanceless, so this just helps us not lose lines in spam, and not spam the server repeatedly with WHO HERE commands, should someone want to script it.
  • I already have scripts that detect people coming and going, highlighting it. If the GMCP version was just a WHO HERE update then it would make such code much simpler without giving any extra visibility to those in the room. Just gives you a scripting handle on what you, ICly, should be able to see very easily.
  • Jacen said:
    Also seconding people visible in room, weather, time, and wielded items.

What about some sort of flag for beginning and ending a map display? Something like

Room title sent to client
    <gmcp.Room.Info.mapOpen = true>
    wilderness/sub/ocean map data sent
    <gmcp.Room.Info.mapOpen = false>
    Exit data sent to client (Exits are east, west, blah blah)

Basically, the idea here is that a gmcp event could tell a clientside trigger that we're definitely about to get a map, and then a gmcp event would tell us when we've finished receiving that map.
    I'll have to say no, because GMCP is not supposed to be related to normal output by definition. It is already a problem that IRE misuses it in the Comms module like this.

A simple CONFIG option to prepend a line for the map starting and ending will do.
  • edited February 2013
    Xith said:
    I want to say yes to people in the room, but for combat purposes. Not sure if that one's fair.
    It won't change anything but make it less of a pain to deal with and make it more accessible to everybody. I already have a script that tracks who is in the room pretty accurately, and it was a bit of work relying on some big components.

I mentioned "visible" people specifically so this won't bypass shroud w/o thirdeye/hypersight or hidden w/o lifevision.
  • Vadimuses said:
    Xith said:
    It won't change anything but make it less of a pain to deal with and make it more accessible to everybody. I already have a script that tracks who is in the room pretty accurately, and it was a bit of work relying on some big components.

I mentioned "visible" people specifically so this won't bypass shroud w/o thirdeye/hypersight or hidden w/o lifevision.
    The only issue that they may have with that is Evade, Astralform, ect. It would have to only update on QL or visible messages, and would have to differentiate between in phase and outt of phase. 
  • The moral of the story is that there will be no new information that you didn't have before.
  • Mannimar said:
    Vadimuses said:
    Xith said:

The only issue that they may have with that is Evade, Astralform, ect. It would have to only update on QL or visible messages, and would have to differentiate between in phase and outt of phase. 
    As with any gmcp events, it wouldn't give any information that you can't get from normal output. The gmcp event wouldn't be sent on evade and the like, just like you don't get Char.Vitals in blackout and so on.
  • VeldrinVeldrin Denmark
    edited February 2013
    a race changed event for reincarnation or dragonform/lesserform/toading/others like that Demigod thing

I'd also like it if the gmcp.Char.Items.add and remove tables were the same. Remove currently doesn't show the item name.
  • edited February 2013
    Vadimuses said:
    The moral of the story is that there will be no new information that you didn't have before.
    While that is technically true, the ease of use also serves as an incentive to get this information and will lead to more people doing it, which is a bit questionable in the case of things like evade. I'm not sure if seeing immediately whenever someone evaded in or out of your room would be a good thing to encourage, no matter if it's already technically possible now or not.

Jonathin said:
    I'd also like it if the gmcp.Char.Items.add and remove tables were the same. Remove currently doesn't show the item name.
    Why is this needed? If you keep track of what items are currently in the room, you should have their id's, so you'd know the name of any that is removed. Not that I'm fundamentally against adding it, but I believe GMCP information should be kept quite slim, in order not to add too much superfluous data for those with not-so-good internet connections.
  • edited February 2013
    Iphis said:
    - A flag to show which weapon (id) is wielded in which hand.

• I'd love to see a remove event when corpses reset, but maybe it's intentional that you don't see it happening.
  • No to elixlist please, while this doesn't always work forcing a restoration vial in pack is always a strategy that a monk can fall back on.
  • CONFIG options to explicitly enable GMCP modules (& submodules/specific events?) for not-so-perfect internet line optimization. This is probably a lot more work than anyone wants to do. I cannot think of an efficient way for the server to handle this but it would be nice.*

*Actually, maps of commonly used configurations could probably make this pretty efficient.
    Actually, that could be done client-side. The actual sendGMCP for Mudlet to enable/disable modules eludes me at the moment right now.
  • You use gmod - http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Supported_Protocols#Managing_GMCP_Modules, because GMCP has these facilities built-in. Mudlet pretty much enables all by default though for you to save the headaches, save for a few.