Artifact Help

I'm cosidering trading in my Mask of Lifevision and Fishscale Tunic to possibly get another artifact.

I talked with a couple people and have narrowed it down to either Eagles Wings, a level 2 Bow or a level 1 Sip Ring/Level 1 Bow combo.

I'll have 777 credits to play with (will hunt for more to 800 if I get the wings or bow).

This is what I have currently, please make a suggestion.

*******************************[ Artefact List ]*******************************
  Item  Name                                    Originally                    
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 xxxxx  a pair of Logosian Bracelets            N/A
 xxxxx  a golden band of Draconic vigour        N/A
 xxxxx  a compass of the Ranger                 N/A
 xxxxx  Prospero's Greater Vault                N/A
 xxxxx  a silver stocking                       N/A
xxxxxx  an elegant diamond vial                 N/A
xxxxxx  a black glass vial                      N/A
xxxxxx  a quartz vial                           N/A
xxxxxx  a Hood of the Sphinx                    N/A
xxxxxx  an earring of Sinope                    N/A
xxxxxx  a Collar of Agatheis                    N/A
xxxxxx  an inlaid ebony pipe                    a long, elegant ebony pipe
xxxxxx  a ring of flying                        N/A
xxxxxx  a painter's palette                     N/A
xxxxxx  a garnet vial                           N/A
xxxxxx  a Brooch of the Tempest                 N/A
xxxxxx  a glass vial                            N/A
xxxxxx  a moonstone vial                        N/A
xxxxxx  a jade vial                             N/A
xxxxxx  a ruby vial                             N/A
xxxxxx  a dragonskin pack                       N/A
xxxxxx  an Amulet of the Will                   N/A
xxxxxx  a sapphire crystal vial                 N/A
xxxxxx  a peridot vial                          N/A
xxxxxx  an amethyst vial                        N/A
xxxxxx  a garnet vial                           N/A
xxxxxx  an onyx vial                            N/A
xxxxxx  a ring of Lucretian clarity             N/A
xxxxxx  a Belt of Aegis                         N/A
xxxxxx  a crafter's portfolio                   N/A
xxxxxx  a ring of endurance                     N/A
xxxxxx  a taper of eternity                     N/A
xxxxxx  a signet ring bearing the arms of Draqo a signet ring
xxxxxx  an emerald vial                         N/A
xxxxxx  a pair of caestus-style knuckles        spiked knuckles
xxxxxx  a glittering fishscale tunic            N/A
xxxxxx  an amber firefly                        N/A
xxxxxx  a buckawn's amulet                      N/A
xxxxxx  a silver mask with gold reliefs         a mask of lifevision
xxxxxx  a miniature flagon on a chain           N/A
xxxxxx  a gem of cloaking                       N/A
xxxxxx  a quartz vial                           N/A
xxxxxx  a polished marble pipe                  N/A
xxxxxx  a polished marble pipe                  N/A
xxxxxx  a rosewood stationery kit               N/A
xxxxxx  sturdy combat boots bearing a scorpion  Ethereal Boots
xxxxxx  an Aldar talisman                       N/A
xxxxxx  a steel armband of the Fist             N/A
xxxxxx  a driftwood stationery kit              N/A
xxxxxx  Gauntlets of the Aldar                  N/A
xxxxxx  a sacrificial kris                      N/A

Best Answers

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Accepted Answer
    Sip ring. So much the sip ring. Eff everything else.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Accepted Answer
    Sip ring most useful artifact on the planet.

• Accepted Answer
    Don't trade-in (except maybe the tunic), just save and get the sip ring
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    Accepted Answer
    I would keep the mask, trade in the tunic, and save for the sip ring.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited February 2013 Accepted Answer
    On a more serious note after discussing this with you in game I figured i'd post this here and get more input on mechanics.

Bow for boarder raiding aka when you can't choke or crush seems completely useful.

Assuming level 1 sip ring is half of level 2 then 150 health more per sip seems not as useful as it would be for me because you have level 3 regen at most if not all times.

Also im not sure if you remember what life with out lifevision is but I cry everytime I play an alt with out it.

Also, since you have high health regen mana sip ring might be more useful due to monk regen + transmute.

• Accepted Answer
    Er, wings are much, much, much more useful than a sip ring.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Accepted Answer
    Would get wings and trade in tunic.  Would also trade in all those artie vials.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Accepted Answer
    Arti vials are worth keeping. The gold you spend on replacing vials adds up over time, not to mention all the refills if you don't catch the decays. 26cr for vial trade ins isn't a lot either.

Also, sip rings are amazing.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Accepted Answer
    Health sip ring.
  • Accepted Answer
    Don't upgrade gauntlets.

Asking forums what you should get without more info of yourself wont give you good suggestions. Ask yourself where you want to improve or what you do most often.

If you are in trouble of pure tankying - sip ring. Even though sip rings aren't as useful for monks as to other classes, who have more ressistance. Monks take a lot of damage and have 1037 ways of recovering them, improving one way (even though it's primary) by a few % won't be significantly efficient.

You raid a lot? - get wings. For me wings are second best artefact if you raid a lot, or plan to in the future. It had primary focus of traveling, but with advanced autowalking and mapping that's not huge deal now. But in raids, ability to quickly (and realiably) escape death, heal up and jump back in fray. Also ever been in clouds skirmishes? you jump out to heal up and want to jump back in? For me wings would be second best artefact if I could use SoA.

I can't say pros and cons about bow, without aiming. Let someone who has experience in them post.

Answers

edited February 2013
    nvm, looked it over.
  • Might be worth noting that 777 credits is not enough for both a sip ring and a level 1 bow (not one you can shoot, anyway).
  • What about the tunic and the gem of cloaking for a sip ring?

And if the sip ring, mana or health?

edited February 2013
    Kyrra said:
    Arti vials are worth keeping. The gold you spend on replacing vials adds up over time, not to mention all the refills if you don't catch the decays. 26cr for vial trade ins isn't a lot either. Also, sip rings are amazing.
    There are refill scripts for vials.  40 credits is about 240,000 sovereigns or 800 regular vials.  A vial lasts 5 RL months so you need to play for 333 real life years to make it back.

Draqoom has 20 artefact vials, thats 520 credits if he traded them in.  
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Credit market fluctuates and I've been playing on and off for a while. I never really enjoyed having to spend gold on new vials, refills, weapons etc every time I returned from a dormancy period. At least one of my vials I've had since Kyrra was 20.

To me, it's the convenience of always having vials ( no decay, no permanent theft by people, denizens, or broken novices ), there are enough vials that my OCD is happy and they aren't that expensive over a long run. People will spend 10 credits more changing the appearance of an item purely for aesthetics and nothing else.

Out of that list of items that can be traded in, vials are worth a lot less value and only give a small return compared to something like a fishscale tunic. Unless you plan on diving 24/7, nobody really goes through that much pear, and a tunic is replaced by an item that is consumable but won't decay inside a rift. *shrug* I am very practical and I just see vials as way more efficient to keep, but that is solely my own opinion.

Being me, I'd just save and buy stuff. Draqoom will do whatever he wants in the end regardless :)
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited February 2013
    Achilles said:
    Kyrra said:
    Arti vials are worth keeping. The gold you spend on replacing vials adds up over time, not to mention all the refills if you don't catch the decays. 26cr for vial trade ins isn't a lot either. Also, sip rings are amazing.
    There are refill scripts for vials.  40 credits is about 240,000 sovereigns or 800 regular vials.  A vial lasts 5 RL months so you need to play for 333 real life years to make it back.

mind = blown

I got them around 4 years agoish after coming back from dormancy to all of my vials decaying. I kept them due to the increased sips and the convenience of never having to buy them again as well as being able to recognize by type which kind I am out of. I might consider trading in a couple of the more used ones like health, mana, mass, mending and resto, but the less used ones I will still keep. Should net me about 286 credits bringing me to 829 total if I traded in tunic, gem of cloaking, those vials and used the 11 I have on me now.

Edit: I guess though, that with all of them traded in with the tunic, gem and the 11 I have I would be sitting at 1063. So... There's that too. Plenty for a lvl 2 bow or wings or two sip rings, or a lvl 2 sip ring or almost being able to upgrade my gauntlets to lvl 3.

• edited February 2013
    Alright. Wings it is. Avto, Achilles and Cooper sold me on it. The health boost was not large enough for me, the bow is well... I've not been able to range for 6 years out of area, and I've not really felt the need to. The gauntlets aren't worth it.

Choice made, discussion ended. Please bbtx4 this thread. I'm sure it'll prone for you to make it easier.

• Achilles said:
    Kyrra said:

Well technically you also get extra sips, so assuming you use it all up, you essentially get a free vial every now and then, so can probably make it back in under 300 years
  • I'm not sure this is said often enough, but @Sena we love you and your math.
    Dont artie vials require a different mix from forestals?

Unless you always let you FULL vials decay you wont back your credit investment in your lifetime
  • edited February 2013
    Achilles said:
    Dont artie vials require a different mix from forestals?
    Artefact vials require half as many ingredients to fill, in addition to holding more. For example, health elixir uses 1 valerian, 1 goldenseal, 1 ginseng, and 1 myrrh, and that makes 50 sips for a normal vial (so it takes 4 each of those herbs to fill the vial to 200), or 120 sips for an artefact vial (so it takes 2 of each ingredient to fill the vial to 240). The same is true of transmutation.

I assumed in my formula that the refill price is the same for normal and artefact vials (which is true of tuns), but since it costs half the ingredients, you can get artefact refills cheaper from some forestals/alchemists.

I'm not sure how it works with venoms. Artefact vials can hold 200 venom applications while normal vials hold 150, but I'm not sure if milking also refills artefact vials faster.
    Achilles said:
    Unless you always let you FULL vials decay you wont back your credit investment in your lifetime
    Artefact vials hold 20% more sips, for the same refill cost. Assuming 200 gold per refill and 6000 gold per credit, that means that your artefact vial will have paid for itself in extra sips (ignoring the vial costs) after 6000 refills.

6000 refills is a lot, but easily "in your lifetime" for a lot of players, as long as it's something that you use quickly (an artefact vial of levitation will probably never break even, but health/mana for someone who bashes a lot will).

This is ignoring the tiny bonus of not having to buy new vials, and the chance of full vials decaying (which still happens fairly often).
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited February 2013
    Human Jester. Wat to upgrade / buy?

ii artefact
    You are wielding:
          quill168914: a quill of inscribing in your left hand.

You are holding:
          pipe336015          a polished marble pipe
          pipe341268          a long, elegant ebony pipe
          pipe353677          an ornately carved ivory pipe
          stocking139885      a silver stocking
          bow124611           a Lupine bow
          soap200575          a bar of pumice soap
          shield158181        a shield resembling a mouse head
          vial250129          an elegant diamond vial
          kit139101           a rosewood stationery kit
          hippogriff395141    a charcoal black hippogriff

You are wearing:
          earring301777       an earring of Sinope
          ring383425          a Ceylonese ring
          talisman277439      an Aldar talisman
          belt399900          a hunter's belt
          boots279969         a pair of buckawn's boots
          bracelets358137     a pair of Mayan Bracelets

Regen ring.

• You can't really go wrong with a regeneration ring, but some idea of the price range would help.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited February 2013
    K.

• 90% of thread said sip ring, takes my advice instead. #winning

• Sip rings are boring anyways. Much more fun to get an artie that allows you to do something you couldn't do before, than one that just tweaks some numbers.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    wings, stygian pendant, buckawns, sip ring, flowerpot, pipe, pipe, buckawns, sip ring, buckawns.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Earrings with me.

i'm a rebel