Also I adore Yue's trans wit.
  • Slyodia,Violimisk
  • Tvistor said:
    I propose Tvistordor.

Also I adore Yue's trans wit.
    You mean Tvistorlame?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Words hurt. :(
  • Tvistam...Shallamistor...Tvistargossas <— sounds like a medical condition

I'll stop now.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Wysteria said:
    Tvistam...Shallamistor...Tvistargossas <— sounds like a medical condition

I'll stop now.
    Too easy D:
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• edited February 2013
    Horatio said:
    more than two syllables (screw Eleusis right?)
    Eleusis can have three syllables because Eleusis isn't a city! It's a village! (or do they not get defensive over that any more?)

edit: Or pretend there's a silent 'e' and it's really 'loosis'.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • This is also a game that some of us have spent thousands of dollars on, and we are entitled to give our opinion of it when we are both happy and displeased with how the game is going.

• Hey, I was pretty positive. :(

i'm a rebel

• Not to mention that changing it now, or even just naming the city something different from the land, would set an absurdly bad precedent for negative pressure from the forums influencing admin decisions.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    don't really have a neg/pos reaction towards the name.  Overall I think we are establishing a sustainable foundation for the Good faction to build off of.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Tanaar said:
    Not to mention that changing it now, or even just naming the city something different from the land, would set an absurdly bad precedent for negative pressure from the forums influencing admin decisions.
    But they have always maintained that the name is explicitly the region's. Even before the massive complaints.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Read the events post, and Sarapis's forum posts. It is very clear that Targossas is the intended name for the city, if for no other reason than that when asked the correct terminology for Targossian, it was given.
  • (I will still be using Targossan. Creative licence, etc.)

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    HEY I SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON ACHAEA TOO, LISTEN TO MY ALL-KNOWING INPUT.

Name is fine. Everyone else- get over it.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • In my head, I combine the secon half of Targossian into one syllable, Tar-goh-shun, like Colossian
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited February 2013
    I didn't like the name at first because it felt too island-ish. When I say island, I mean festive, like drinking rum out of coconuts with palm trees and hammocks everywhere. It didn't feel like it could be associated with Good and Light without being somewhat of a joke. Now that I see construction happening and the effort and detail being put into the city, I find myself growing happy with the name.

Now, can we stop arguing the name and move on to something less pointless?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I know Ram is supposed to be the University place, but I hope alchemists get their own islet. Chances are slim, but hope springs eternal.
  • You guys are so strange and quick to jump on the 'omg you're a retard' bandwagon without even reading what people write.

I reasonably expressed my dislike about the name of the new city/area when asked by Sarapis to do so. It wasn't whining or entitled.

I then showed my distaste for how that thread was handled - largely ignoring that the largest part of results had the players not liking the name and how short the thread was allowed to stay open.

The only time I've truly criticized Achaea for being bad was when the admin let the previous leadership of Shallam completely drive it into the ground without changing things. And they eventually listened to that feedback (of course a large number of other players expressed the same opinion).

I told Tecton straight up that the most recent auction ending early despite him giving a specific time for it to end was stupid and ridiculous. He knows that is true. I know that they couldn't have handled it differently after it happened.

If you want to pick someone and yell at them because they are immature and entitled and only talk shit about Achaea, you picked the wrong poster boy. I have created probably 5 threads over the years with the specific purpose of thanking the admin of Achaea for creating a great gaming environment for us. I routinely give kudos to Tecton for how he handles situations. I regularly thank him and other admin for quick responses on issues and lots of other things. I've sent emails to Jumpy -and- another producer of an IRE game to express gratitude for how Achaea is run.

I give feedback and criticism in a good manner, and nearly every problem I've ever brought up with Achaea has been fixed. Tecton (and recently Sarapis) also put up with me avoiding the issue and bug systems for things I need fixed quickly or were way out of line, etc.

tl;dr - you should pick a different person to let your anger out on regarding this topic, because I couldn't really be farther from what you said I am.

• Need to move the city limits a bit at least, cutting right through the eastern shore and parts of Shaastan, which makes it rather annoying going to certain places with totems in the way
  • Cooper said:

I then showed my distaste for how that thread was handled - largely ignoring that the largest part of results had the players not liking the name and how short the thread was allowed to stay open.
    Nothing was ignored. Sarapis said "overwhelming majority." The No crowd is only 42%. Not quite overwhelming.
  • You should try going to Sangre from North of New Thera as a Targossian. There are like 20 totems in the way!

i'm a rebel

• Vayne said:

Aliath said:
    Need to move the city limits a bit at least, cutting right through the eastern shore and parts of Shaastan, which makes it rather annoying going to certain places with totems in the way
    That is the topography of the area though...a new river whose delta breaks on the eastern shore. You are aware of the limits now so just be more careful in the future.

Even possible to get to the southern part of the Eastern shore now without cutting past it? Because if not, I still find it rather silly, especially when it could have been avoided, besides a river is water, can only have totems on land