Targossas, the Dawnspear

Comments

• edited February 2013
    An icecream cone with sea monster and dolphin toppings? Sounds awesome.
  • Iocun said:

"As long as there is a single cone of Justice, I can still serve a delicious sundae of Righteousness!"

• Synbios said:
    Iocun said:

"As long as there is a single cone of Justice, I can still serve a delicious sundae of Righteousness!"

And if it's not too late, Chincinnati would make a good city name too.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • If only I could log in. Oh well, I'm glad to see this even if only through the forums!

• Xith said:
    And here I was hoping for the old city to rise from the ocean and be "Shallantis". But are they shifting from the middle-eastern theme?

Captain Targossas.

Now we're Japan, we'll need a new theme!
  • Seriously, I enjoyed to witness the birth of a new city. It will maybe never happen again. That said, it has been the opportunity for many jokes.
    Shirszae said:
    Targossa: Divine testament that just because you are a god, doesn't mean you can come up with good names
    For me, it sounds like a cute and furry animal. Watch for the deathsigns.

Shahai has been (obviously by misadventure) cuddled to death by a cute and furry targossa.
    Every day sends future to past 
    Every breath leaves me one less to my last
  • Silas said:

I'm excited about the opportunity to see the city being "built"
    When I first read it I thought they just handwaved the city into existence, which was a little disappointing. Then I thought the map looked a little small for a major city. That they created it in a formative state and you're gonna get to build the city up is very cool.
  • edited February 2013
    We should fear springs, and start developing advanced drainage systems.

Edit: On a serious note. This whole start from scratch and rebuild as we go is damn cool. I love new area.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    1. Gaia returns -- check

2. New city begins expansion -- check

3. WEREWOLF ATTACK! --

Sound familiar?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Vayne said:

1. Gaia returns -- check

3. WEREWOLF ATTACK! --

Sound familiar?

Iocun is keeping the numbers down. I think.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Berenene said:
    Some of those names sounds like something from She-Ra
    Dunno, made me think of WoW >.<
  • My biggest problem with 'Targossas' is that it makes me think of 'Targos' from Icewind Dale in Forgotten Realms, it screams in my face! SCREAMS! :(

• I absolutely hate the word "Targossians", but I'm in love with everything else.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Targossers. Bunch of them.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited February 2013

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the name either, but it definitely looks fun for you guys having your own spot.

What exactly is the new 'theme' of the land and eventual city? I assume the desert theme is being done away with?

(Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • Vayne said:
    1. Gaia returns -- check

3. WEREWOLF ATTACK! --

4. $$PROFIT!!!$$

Sound familiar?
    ftfy.

• Love the new place, all the quirks I see will be fixed in time too, so it's pretty good.

The name is tearing at me - as it's sitting in between Argos and Argonauts.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Silas said:
    Don't worry, when we're done with Hashan we'll have time to rename before we put Mhaldor to the sword.
    Honours Jiraishin
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Looks very cool. I like "Brighthold" immensely. I honestly hope that's the name of the new city, though I'm fine with "Targossas" for the area in general.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited February 2013
    Deleted comment, but can't seem to actually delete the comment.
  • Vayne said:
    Silas said:
    Don't worry, when we're done with Hashan we'll have time to rename before we put Mhaldor to the sword.
    Honours Jiraishin
    How did I miss that one...

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• I really dig the name and I don't really care if it's somewhat similar to WoW's Tarecgosa