Targossas, the Dawnspear

The radiant forms of the Bloodsworn Gods, Aurora and Deucalion, are reflected upon the heavens.

The golden splendour of Aurora's form descends to illuminate the southern Zaphar River, followed only a second later by the white-hot fire of Deucalion's passage.

Rich motes of lucent clarity suffuse the skies as the Lightbringer evokes, "Refugees. Wanderers. Devout servants of Good, of Light, of Righteousness. We promised you a home."

The firmament burns with white-hot fire as the pure, baritone voice of Deucalion calls out, "It is time We fulfilled that promise."

Standing upon the shore of the Zaphar, Aurora wields the Sword of Dunamis in both hands, the blade pointing downward.

The Lightbringer gestures to Deucalion. At once, He moves to Her side, grasping the sword's hilt below where Her hands rest.

Hand-in-hand, the Bloodsworn Gods raise the legendary weapon, where it gleams with supernatural brilliance within the firmament.

Together, the Gods thrust the blade into the riverbank, and a sharp crack rings out, rumbling across Sapience with a heaving roar.

As the bedrock stirs, the Zaphar River begins to froth and foment, rising to its banks with torrid savagery.

The continent shifts suddenly, and a fissure tears asunder the quiet expanse to the east of the Zaphar. The split widens as it races towards the sea, stone and silt crumbling inward to form a dry, empty riverbed.

Large chunks of stone shear away from the cliffs along the eastern coastline, plummeting into the waters of the Eusian Sea as the fissure reaches Sapience's edge.

Aurora and Deucalion release Their hold upon the Sword of Dunamis, which remains firmly implanted in the riverbed.

Visible from dozens of miles away, the vibrant colors of the immense sword fade as it turns to stone, an enduring monument to the permanent alteration of the landscape.

Eager and strong, a wall of water surges around the sword and along the channel, thundering towards the coastline.

The newly born river rushes toward the cliffs, splitting itself around multiple spits of higher ground and forming islands in the midst flowing water.

The water reaches the cliffs and leaps free, forming a triad of waterfalls that carry the river downward to reunite with the sea.

The churning river calms and slows as it fills its new banks.

As the moon shines brightly within the heavens, the newborn river begins to calm and settle along its course, reflecting an argent light within its banks.

Rich motes of lucent clarity suffuse the skies as the Lightbringer evokes, "Behold: Targossas, the Dawnspear!"

Rich motes of lucent clarity suffuse the skies as the Lightbringer evokes, "Let it be a stronghold, guarded by silvered water!"

The firmament burns with white-hot fire as the pure, baritone voice of Deucalion calls out, "To the devout We entrust Targossas. Upon this sacred ground the servants of Light and Righteousness find shelter."

Comments

• edited February 2013
    This is cool and all, but because it's happened a few times, I'm gonna just leave this here.

Don't mind me, though.  :-@ It really is cool.

P.S. Name seems fine to me.
  • Shirszae said:
    Targossa: Divine testament that just because you are a god, doesn't mean you can come up with good names
    ...I feel like I'm missing something. What's wrong with the name?
  • Delphinus said:
    This is cool and all, but because it's happened a few times, I'm gonna just leave this here.

That link refers to natural rivers. I'm unsure what you perceive as natural about a river fork created and maintained by a gigantic God-powered sword. ;)
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Reminds me of Tortuga from PotC.

Also yay, a city to raid! Am glad no more safe room.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:
    Reminds me of Tortuga from PotC. Also yay, a city to raid! Am glad no more safe room.
    welllllll...

This location has been declared free of violence, by order of the Divine Ones.

• Sarapis said:
    Oh, no, they'll get flushed into the dinosaur-filled interior of the world.
    One of these days, I'm going to burrow just a bit too deep.

Ruth said:
    Reminds me of Tortuga from PotC. Also yay, a city to raid! Am glad no more safe room.

Yeah, it does remind me of a pirate city. Might be the similarity to Sargasso/Tortuga/Barbossa.
  • They don't have guards or defenses yet, so they'll get that until they do.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited February 2013
    Best Valentine's Day present from the Light to the devoted ever.

"Here's a really pretty piece of land and a new river where you are to build your destiny. Be mine!"
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Sarapis said:
    Is this a hint for a velociraptor invasion? :D

• Delphinus said:

A god did it
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • LyrLyr
    edited February 2013

The wizard = @Deucalion (and @Aurora I guess!)
  • Sarapis said:

Looks like we'll get an unexpected new class - Dino-cavaliers. And dinosaur mounts. All hail Good.

• edited February 2013
    It's pretty high-res (9984x9984), if anyone wants to make it a wallpaper! Alternatively is a link here to the map: http://minus.com/loLRMJY9K28yk
  • Some of those names sounds like something from She-Ra
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • I thought it was just me watching LCS in the background... yes, it's making Chrome go like mollasses on a cold January morning in eastern Canada when there's an arctic air mass overhead.

So like -40 weather cold.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Slowed Firefox to a crawl for nearly 5 minutes too. Not sure why, I've loaded larger (both in dimensions and filesize) images with no trouble before.
  • I've scaled it down not to kill the thread for anyone reading this on their netbook.
  • Too bad I can't go exploring it without getting insta ganked. 
  • Vadimuses said:
    I've scaled it down not to kill the thread for anyone reading this on their netbook.
    Actually I'm on my quad-core PC with medium-range graphics card and it still slowed way down! :P
  • Personally, I like the new name. Kudos for the new area!