Phaestus, the Smith (for real this time)

Comments

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I think it's pretty damn good. After seeing Him IG countless times, I'll say this is pretty much how I see Him in normal settings.
  • edited February 2013

Alcinae said:
    ... He's hot!
    Im finally rubbing off on you ^.^ !!

Cant agree more. rawr.

Mayapple said:
    Would worship.

Hun you have no idea. o.o
  • Aitox said:
    He looks like Jesus.
    He doesn’t look a thing like Jesus, but he talks like a gentleman. Like you imagined when you were young.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Amunet said:
    Add alcohol.
    Typical.
  • Sarapis said:
    Iocun said:
    His description says that he's a radiant immortal!
    Right. Radiant is also a word typically used to describe, say, people on the cover of a beauty magazine. Or pregnant women. It does not literally mean someone glows!
    I knew it! He's expecting.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Nice boots ;)
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• imageimage
    British people, pfft.
  • This guy reminds me of that deleted scene in Troy, where Sean Bean as Odysseus was in disguise as a shepherd in the mountains. 

The sledgehammer is a dead giveaway, though.

Actually, it doesn't look anything like a forging hammer.

Still like it, nevertheless.
  • edited February 2013
    I expected him to embody a dwarf, but he just looks like a regular human. He's also lacking the aura of divinity, though I'm not sure if that's automatically a bad thing given the role. The setting seems wrong for a character portrait, though, for sure - when I think Phaestus, even with the connection to Cyrene, I think grimy molten forges, not scenic landscapes.

The actual art style is still really good, though - the small details on the kilt and the hammer are great, and the background, while I don't think it fits, is very visually impressive. Still, probably one of my least favourites.

ETA:
    Sarapis said:
    I'm not quite sure what a god looks like. ;) 

• Aitox said:
    He looks like Jesus.

Phaestus has forged for your sins.

• Aitox said:
    He looks like Jesus.
    Interesting comment. Does anyone really know what Jesus looked like?

• Ognog said:
    Aitox said:
    He looks like Jesus.
    Interesting comment. Does anyone really know what Jesus looked like?
    His mother

• Eilona said:
    It's a beautiful piece of art, and I'm sure it's faithful to Phaestus' description, but it seems lacking somehow; he doesn't look like he's a god.
    Say that to his face and not over the internet and see what happens.

• Cahin said:
    Eilona said:
    It's a beautiful piece of art, and I'm sure it's faithful to Phaestus' description, but it seems lacking somehow; he doesn't look like he's a god.
    Say that to his face and not over the internet and see what happens.

Well, with the fact that Phaestus's player is a human IRL...

• I personally imagined more body hair. And maybe a slightly different facial structure. He makes me think of some cold, distant, noble figure, while IG Phaestus makes me think of someone who even non-dwarven non-order members could easily look up to as an uncle-figure.

Also, if he's taller than mountains, that's really tall grass at his feet.

Otherwise, not bad! (Is that a flask on his hip? >_> )

• Dat chest mane.

• Figure 1: Gragas at his early stages of beer drinking.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Sarapis said:

Lala said:
    Oo sexy legs.
    Heh, we actually sent it back to the artist a couple times to get the legs properly manly.
    They are that, all muscular and tanned.
  • Aww @Phaestus has gone and scrubbed up nice for a scenic portrait in the mountains! It isn't really the image of him I would picture in my head but it's still really cool and reminds me a bit of the statue in the mountains that another Achaean drew for an artisanal once.
  • edited February 2013

Accidently fumbling his kool-aide all over His floor, the massive form of Phaestus moves in towards the small motal, cowering in fear for his insolence. Peeking through his fingers with a frightened squint, waiting for death, Xenomorph notices the paper towel, obviously brawny, being kindly offered to him from the towering God. Nothing has ever made more sense than this moment.

They both nod and show hearty approval after the mess is wiped away. Great respect is shared for the fact the spill was picked up with only one of these paper towels. Competitor brands clearly taking much more.

I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • Xith said:

Man, imagine how messed up Achaea: The Movie would be.

"How come they didn't cast Ving Rhames as Phaestus?"
    Mel Gibson would have totally got it, if not for those unfortunate and poorly timed comments about Mhuns.

• Synbios said:
    Dat chest mane.
    Ha I see what you did thar.
  • I thought the other was the true one.

Anyway, I do like it, it is how I seen Him when I met Him.
    Every day sends future to past 
    Every breath leaves me one less to my last