Class Tweaking

12345679»

Comments

• I've always felt that any targeted illusions should be serpent only :/
  • edited March 2013
    Serpents only got targeted illusions rather late. Monks/jesters/shamans had them way before that.
  • I must be missing something then on the importance of not allowing targeted illusions....
  • Why not have it targeted with a third person message to let others know an illusion did happen in the room just not what. It's not like it offers any benefit than to keep other people from knowing what you use to crash thrugh some one's defense. Anymore any illusion which works people want to keep guarded as it's a few clicks from obsolete.
  • Currently: HOCUSPOCUS # [colour #] <illusion>

How bout: HOCUSPOCUS [<adventurer>] # [colour #] <illusion>

Consume double mana if targetted? Hocuspocus mana, by the way, is based on the length of the illusion.

Would save me the trouble of coding something to ignore my own timed illusions.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • So I've just had a through about filling in the gaps in bomb functions.

Dustbomb
    Ground (timed): Blackout
    Ground (thrown): Blackout
    Inventory: Blackout

Concussionbomb
    Ground (timed): Stun
    Ground (thrown): Stun
    Inventory: Stun

Webbomb
    Ground (timed): Web (non-buckawn wearers)
    Ground (thrown): Web (non-buckawn wearers)
    Inventory: Web

Butterflybomb
    Ground (timed): Grounds all flyers overhead
    Ground (thrown): Grounds all flyers overhead
    Inventory: Prones
    In-room Effect: ???

Smokebomb
    Ground (timed): Creates hunger cloud against all but thrower
    Ground (thrown): Creates hunger cloud against all but thrower
    Inventory: ???

Not sure what fixes are coming up, but since bombs can be dropped 100% of the time on balance, we frequently deal with a grounded butterflybomb with the target in the same room, which has no effect on anybody. So the thought that came to mind was stripping levitation and/or mass for people in the room.
    Thought being that it would make balloonhandoff/butterflybomb damage viable skills.

Smoke bomb has no effect in a players inventory. One of my classleads had a recommendation on that, but I think applying the strip mass/levi or something would be useable.
  • I don't believe smoke bomb has been fixed yet. I could be wrong but, last I knew it was bugged. It does nothing when timed on the ground. It explodes but, no smoke and when timed in inventory it simply explodes and stays in your inventory all new like and ready to be timed again.. but, no smoke there either.
  • edited March 2013
    I like the targetted hocuspocus thing for various reasons. Concealing my illusions to only my victim for one and even used as a practical joke with timed illusions, other people get seriously pissy about it if they witness your illusion while the person your joking with is fine with it. I've had people walk in on them and start trying to be a room monitor. Self targetting would be nice too. I feel anyone who's got an illusion skill should be able to self target when working on their illusions to see how it looks without disrupting anyone nearby. But, why double mana? It's the same skill just targetted which makes it no more powerful.

edit: actually, if for double mana cost you could hide the hocuspocus bit, I'd be down for it.
  • It makes it more powerful if the illusion doesn't hit you or your allies like normal.
  • Can you guys just start pming each other?

Someone just getting into combat might read this drivel and be forever tainted.

• Cahin said:
    Can you guys just start pming each other?

Someone just getting into combat might read this drivel and be forever tainted.
    Taint is apostates, man. Stay on topic.
  • With all the discussion about how lifevision breaks illusions, you'd almost forget why illusions have really become so hard to pull off. How big of percentage of people actually have lifevision?

Vadi's system and many other systems check the symptoms before attempting to cure. Manually nobody would be fast enough to pull that off, but when a system does it, it's entirely feasible. This tactic alone annihilates the use of most illusions. What could be done to alleviate the situation, is change illusions so what happens is:

<illusion curare>
    And for the next 5-10 seconds it mimicks the curare affliction without actually being present. Limit this effect to two or three afflictions and voila. Ofcourse, systems would catch on to this as well eventually, making it just as obsolete. The only afflictions that make afflicting worthwhile in general are those that cannot be hard-checked by a system.
  • I read this as Class Twerking and got excited.
  • Yea, I thought it was twerkin too.
  • edited July 2013
    What is twerking, please? ETA: Damn you autocorrect
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.