New Auctions

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I have a question about the humgii that concerned me when it was suggested.  Can you force people to feed things to humgii?  The answer I'm getting is yes, but not sure how difficult it is.  If it's fairly doable in combat or otherwise, yikes?  Otherwise, carry on, nothing to see here.  And yes, there are some perfect items on there too.  Wilderness map plots, super pipes, custom enter/exit message, a new Delos shop.  The bloodline hiding thing is an elegant solution that allows people to disassociate themselves from their family without actually wiping the bloodline, and it's probably appropriate that it *wasn't* made a SoW item since in general, you're stuck with your family :P  The sceptre that allows you to heal others seems a bit meh.  The level 3 weapons would be pretty cool for the class hopper?  The note on long balance seems to indicate that you are *not* going to be switching weapons mid-fight, but could be wrong on that.  I wonder if people are going to complain that the flute is OP.  I don't care, and think that some auction items should be a little OP - not Profit and his box OP, but "this is not something we want every artie whore buying" OP.  

EDIT:  and now, I wonder if being an auction item necessarily precludes former SoW items from being offered in the shop again.  It may not... That would be fine by me.  
  • edited February 2013
    With the theft changes, you can't force "give" for most items anymore, so you can't really force people to humgii most of their stuff. Anything that would still be possible to force-give to a humgii, a thief could just as well force to be given to himself. And then humgii, if he chooses to do so!
  • Thanks Iocun, and you can't force people to attack them either, right?  
  • Attacks should be forceable.
    I assume those humgiis won't be particularly strong though - probably like normal pets.
  • EldEld
    edited February 2013
    My understanding is that the theft changes made it impossible to force people to GIVE items, which I would expect would prevent forcing giving things to humgiis as well (though I don't know if there's alternate syntax for humgiiing things). I guess if the person doesn't have fist sigils on their weapons or use gripping, a monk or blademaster could potentially knock a weapon out of their hands, pick it up, and feed it to the humgii themselves.

Edit: I was pretty sure when I saw that camel in the "Who's online in this category" I was about to be ninja'd, but hope springs eternal.
  • I'm sorry about your ninja camel's horrible armpit cancer, @Iocun.
  • Well, that's a relief terrifying.
  • Curse you Sarapis and your ability to make me want to drop half my bank account on text.

(But also curse not being able to bid on the auctions anyway, so no worries.)
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • :-O Wish I hadn't blown my -entire- gold fortune on credits, then spent my entire credit fortune on lessons just this freaking week.  :-O
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Sylvance said:
    :-O Wish I hadn't blown my -entire- gold fortune on credits, then spent my entire credit fortune on lessons just this freaking week.  :-O
    Always be ready for those Achaean curveballs, doc. They throw one every now and then to keep you from swinging too much.
    Then my metaphor ran out and I milked a cow instead.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Xith said:
    Then my metaphor ran out and I milked a cow instead.
    Could be worse...

• @Qwindor makes a salient point why the Humgii is the best item for auction...

• I'm honestly surprised the flutes aren't going for higher, considering the relatively few classes that can disperse fog etc.
  • Lyr said:
    I'm honestly surprised the Vanillaroma Car Trees aren't going for higher, considering the relatively few classes that can disperse fog etc.
    ftfy
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Lyr said:

I'm honestly surprised the flutes aren't going for higher, considering the relatively few classes that can disperse fog etc.

Is that included? I'm under the perception that it is only those three mentioned in the auction info. Also those skills are rarely used anyway.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• They are really annoying when they're being used though.
  • I wonder if the sceptres will cure blindness and deafness. That may not be so desirable.

• edited February 2013
    Depends on their eq/balance time. If it takes a few seconds to use them, that would be hardly OP, considering how easy it is to strip those with prefarar/oculus. Even more so since you can only use it once per two RL hours.

It would only be powerful if it was balance-free, for like sceptre/transfix, but even that wouldn't be that OP, considering that you can only do it so rarely.
  • Ognog said:
    I wonder if the sceptres will cure blindness and deafness. That may not be so desirable.
    It's the sceptre of newbie curing. That is INCREDIBLY desirable.
  • Darklyre said:
    Ognog said:
    I wonder if the sceptres will cure blindness and deafness. That may not be so desirable.
    It's the sceptre of newbie curing. That is INCREDIBLY desirable.
    Wait, we're not supposed to just use swords for that?
  • @Ruth It says "cloud-like effects such as Hellfumes, Belch, and Smoke bombs" -- assuming not limited to those.
  • You can also use them to delete Chenubian wing clouds.
  • Morphing weapons are 6 second balance, apparently (I issued myself out of curiosity). Probably not very useful for switching mid-combat...but if someone finds out the syntax and has a force ability that could be quite an unpleasant result. Slugging away at someone with L3 battleaxes, suddenly you are wielding a club and lost balance for six seconds.  Oops!  
  • I could see the morphing weapons being best used on Serpents: Level 3 lash for hunting, and then Thoth's Fang for killing people.

Just my two cents.
  • Need more credits :(
  • The overtone to everything else I say in this post is "Thanks for more auctions, and HUGE thanks for more gold auctions."

Many have noted this, but the number of classes that would have absolutely no use for the morphing level 3 weapons (BM and Bard being the two that spring to my mind first, for obvious reasons; not that I could afford to win this anyway) makes it an interesting choice of 'first prize'.  That said... I suspect that come the weaponry overhaul these artefacts will turn out to be freaking amazing.

TL;DR - You few gaiz with a shot at those lv3 morphers aren't bidding high enough.  Y'all need to buy more credits.
  • edited February 2013
    @Sylvance ! I kill you. (The V is silent) Like you should be.
  • Iphis said:
    @Sylvance ! I kill you. (The V is silent) Like you should be.
    *gasp*