Question about the chocolates! (Announce)

As the title says I have a question about Announce #3778

Mostly this line:
- A one-time experience boost

Is that a one-time experience boost per pouch of chocolate, or one-time only EVER no matter how many chocolate pouches you receive?

Comments

• one time per chocolate that does this is likely
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    Also, the chocolate that @Ravien gave me granted 2 RL days of "small critical bonus" -- not sure how large, maybe 1-2%? Pretty nice though, thanks again Ravien! :)
  • Do the chocolates decay?

Obviously they go away when you use them, but can you hoard them?

Can you use multiple at once and stack them?  (stat and crit bonus, or even double crit bonus?)
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    I'm not 100% sure, but the chocolate had "the distinctive mark of Ravien" but didn't return to her after 8+ hours OOC time. So I'm assuming so!
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    edited February 2013
    For every 100 credits you purchase, you receive a pouch with 5 chocolates inside. Upon eating each chocolate, you have a chance to gain one of the bonuses listed in the announce, they stack, and you can have multiple bonuses at a time. The pouch and the chocolates will both decay, so you should enjoy them while they're available!
  • @Tecton - one-time experience boost = straight XP dump (such as at the end of a TF) or a boost to XP gained (such as during a TF)?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • The "one-time" part would suggest the former, rather than the non-existent latter.
  • edited February 2013
    1. The announce said that the bonus doubled if someone else than the owner ate them. Does that mean that the effect (e.g. of the crit bonus) lasts twice as long, or does it mean that the bonus is twice as strong but still only lasts 24 hours?

2. Is there any way of seeing whether another player has any of the effects currently active? I'm a bit reluctant to accept fights against people who might currently have 25 strength or int :P (well, I can indirectly see the int by contemplating them, I guess.) Seeing some kind of aura when LOOKing at them would be nice.

I'm very glad they decay, in any case. I was beginning to fear that people would buy huge loads of them and then waltz through the next championship games with ridiculous bonuses :P

• Iocun said:
    1. The announce said that the bonus doubled if someone else than the owner ate them. Does that mean that the effect (e.g. of the crit bonus) lasts twice as long, or does it mean that the bonus is twice as strong but still only lasts 24 hours?

2. Is there any way of seeing whether another player has any of the effects currently active? I'm a bit reluctant to accept fights against people who might currently have 25 strength or int :P (well, I can indirectly see the int by contemplating them, I guess.) Seeing some kind of aura when LOOKing at them would be nice.

I'm very glad they decay, in any case. I was beginning to fear that people would buy huge loads of them and then waltz through the next championship games with ridiculous bonuses :P
    Lothien's comment suggests that the doubling, at least for the crit bonus, is in duration rather than magnitude.
  • I was hoping to hoard them, personally. Not to turn into a freak of nature for an event but I would rather use them for small boosts here and there when things lull.
  • Sultani said:
    I was hoping to hoard them, personally. Not to turn into a freak of nature for an event but I would rather use them for small boosts here and there when things lull.
    Great Hunts? :)
  • I don't mind much if someone has a single crit or XP bonus during a game like a great hunt, but I would mind it if they could arbitrarily stack it to ridiculous levels. Artefacts also create imbalances, but at least you can't stack five Collars of Agatheis at once.
  • brb buying 10 diadems and 5 collars and going magi
  • I'm not sure which I'd like more. Being able to kill someone instantly because my attacks have no cool down, or being able to kill someone instantly because my attacks do all their health in damage. Probably the former.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Former would be so much cooler. Truelocking people without them having time to use a single curative.
  • So if they stack, does that mean Penwize can eat 50 chocolates and have 100% crit rate?
  • No. It means he can have a 120% crit rate, meaning that he can crit a creature without even attacking it. Even while he's not logged in.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Holy...

You have a small strength bonus lasting another 4 days, 23 hours and 49 minutes.
    You have a small dexterity bonus lasting another 8 days, 23 hours and 49 minutes.
    You have a small constitution bonus lasting another 6 days, 23 hours and 49 minutes.
    You have a small intelligence bonus lasting another 7 days, 23 hours and 49 minutes.
    You have a small critical bonus lasting another 23 days, 23 hours and 49 minutes.
    You have a small movement bonus lasting another 26 days, 23 hours and 49 minutes.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Holy...

You have a small strength bonus lasting another 4 days, 23 hours and 49 minutes.
    You have a small dexterity bonus lasting another 8 days, 23 hours and 49 minutes.
    You have a small constitution bonus lasting another 6 days, 23 hours and 49 minutes.
    You have a small intelligence bonus lasting another 7 days, 23 hours and 49 minutes.
    You have a small critical bonus lasting another 23 days, 23 hours and 49 minutes.
    You have a small movement bonus lasting another 26 days, 23 hours and 49 minutes.
    Do you also weigh 487 pounds?
  • Self TF, I got this.
  • Could be worse - you could have 6-10 month-long TFs, like those guys in Lusternia.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I had a 10 month long TF. That was so sexy.

Also, you burn calories off when you hunt.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Mizik said:
    Self TF, I got this.
    It's not as bad as a TF, though. Only a single point of constitution and without the damage reducing shield, which is really the most powerful effect of HFs/TFs.
  • We're talking about IRL months, right, @Kyrra?

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Oh, gosh no. People have had TFs for IRL months?!

I only had a 10 day TF off Selene one time but that was a bit over a week. Not most of a year. Wow.

• Kyrra said:
    Oh, gosh no. People have had TFs for IRL months?!

I only had a 10 day TF off Selene one time but that was a bit over a week. Not most of a year. Wow.

Let's put it this way - there was an event in Lusternia, where people who bought credits get tokens to spin a magical wheel. The wheel gives various rewards, from gold to credits to curios to critical boosts to truefavours.

The thing is that the durations of crit boosts and truefavors stack up when you win multiple of those during a session of wheel-spinning. And apparently, several Lusternians have way more disposable income than I had expected.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I clearly never lucked out on those wheel spins. That promotion was running when I returned from dormancy and I went back to Lusternia first :(