Which hunting rune do you believe to be the most benificial to have while hunting

2»

Comments

• YueYue
    edited February 2013
    Like everything, the answer is relative. At lower levels, I found the +1 con from Jera to be the greatest benefit as the increased health made my very squishy girl able to tank denizen damage a little better. This meant I lowered my sip %, resulting in fewer sips and greater gains (rather, fewer wasted sips) from passive health regen. Also, some abilities are based off of maximum health, and while that may or may not apply to hunting specifically, it certainly lends some extra merit to Jera in general.

As I am moving into higher levels, where denizens actually hurt, Algiz is without a doubt the rune of greatest benefit.

Where Berkana is concerned, I absolutely do not understand some people's views. How is added passive regen ever a bad thing?
  • Yue said:
    Where Berkana is concerned, I absolutely do not understand some people's views. How is added passive regen ever a bad thing?
    I've never heard of anyone claiming that passive regen is a bad thing, or even that berkana isn't useful.
  • Algiz is superior to everything else. The only argument you could make for jera being better is if you have no problems tanking what you are bashing without using moss or sipping that much, and want to say that the extra strength will help you kill things faster, thus being more efficient. Other than that though, algiz is the most bang for your buck - it will save you more health sips (gold) than berkana or jera will.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Algliz Because I need the 10% damage reduction to negate the extra damage I take from bashing in arash.

While I could bash in mir and have 27% damage reduction the extra speed and damage of Arash makes clearing out places alot faster. Of course im only level 79 and I find bashing one of the most boring experiences ive ever done. I do prefer to bash places where I don't get hit as hard and they die faster. Giving me gold faster which pays for sips/moss faster. At least in my mind.

Rip Bashing stances all being the same damage and speed, Mir bashing you are missed.

• Sena said:
    Yue said:
    I've never heard of anyone claiming that passive regen is a bad thing, or even that berkana isn't useful.
    lolwat.

See @Sylvance and @Sidonia, earlier in this thread.
  • Yue said:
    lolwat.
    See @Sylvance and @Sidonia, earlier in this thread.
    In my defence, I was poking fun at Sylvance's post.
  • edited February 2013
    Yue said:

See @Sylvance and @Sidonia, earlier in this thread.

Sidonia's post was obvious sarcasm, and Sylvance's post was "I have enough regen, so I would choose jera or algiz over berkana". That's not even close to "passive regen is a bad thing".

The quotes keep messing up somehow, but they're always fine when I try to edit the post. :(
  • Yeah. I don't even know what to say right now except that I noticed the quote problem too. 
  • The larger health pool makes me feel better about the amount of weight I've been putting on.