Babel, God of Oblivion

Comments

• Totally would've guessed this was Thoth.
  • Scary! :O Where's his raven?
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Halios said:
    Totally would've guessed this was Thoth.
    If that is Thoth, I'm not embracing death!
  • Best one so far.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Thanks to the chibi thread, I keep thinking of Arador when I see the white hair.

On a different note, though, really excellent job. I love the detail on the robes especially.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Very cool, I love the robes.
  • Mizik said:
    Babel:
    He is a radiant immortal and is darkly regal, possessing an imposing air of potent authority that permeates His towering form with a sense of ancient and terrible power. He rises a full seven feet into the air, the broad contours of His hulking form concealed beneath the ebon folds of an ornate black robe. A long white beard flows down His chest in snake-like tendrils, and His thinning hair falls down His back in wispy strands of ivory. Empty eyesockets gape in His pallid face, opening into two yawning holes of perfect, light-consuming blackness, while rows of needle-sharp teeth fill His imperiously frowning mouth, and fearsome talons extend out from His gnarled fingers. A faint miasmic haze overshadows the god's form with rippling distortions of otherworldly energies and tainted powers. He is wearing a tall iron crown, the Sword of Dunamis, a heavy golden amulet, an ornate black robe, and a large black raven perched on His shoulder.

Dead on. So badass.
    My precious, they stoled it!!!!!!!
  • Sarapis said:
    Halios said:
    Thoth has 6 arms...
    Yea, the decaying foliage and aura of "death" just struck me as oddly Thoth-like.

Awesome picture though.
  • very, very well-done!

• AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    edited January 2013
    Just became a Nihilist IRL. Seriously. So badass. This also reinforced my opinion that Christopher Lee is the incarnation of Babel on Earth - Saruman + the cover of Charlemagne: By the Sword and the Cross = this picture.  
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • This is pretty damned awesome. I'm going to have to echo the note above: seems more like Thoth. I always pictured Babel as somewhat less undead looking, more physically imposing, and slightly more like the Abrahamic god. Also, less stylish. Those robes are pooosh.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    But where is his crown? That came to mind first when I saw this art.
  • Looks like he getting ready to Pit.

Duck and Cover!
  • BabelBabel Oblivion
    Thoth is actually a lot prettier than apparently a lot of you picture him! Creepy, certainly, but definitely much prettier than Babel.

• Sarapis said:
    Halios said:
    Thoth has 6 arms...
    If you haven't seen the poker (and other various) threads, you would know that Halios doesn't pay attention to much.

• Babel said:
    Thoth is actually a lot prettier than apparently a lot of you picture him! Creepy, certainly, but definitely much prettier than Babel.
    Yea I definitely have a much too stereotypical "death" image of thoth in my head.

Babel definitely is a lot more scary now.
  • Amazing piece. If I wasn't already a Nihilist, I'd be trying to become one after seeing that.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • so Babel = dark Dumbledore?

• Wouldn't surprise me.

• Mad props to the artist, who is exceptionally skilled. That said, this is about as far away from my mental image of Babel is you could get.  I refuse to look at it any further, it's like seeing Tom Cruise as Reacher :'(
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Waaaaay sexier than I ever imagined.
  • awesome work, but a bit too evil-y, in my opinion.