Achaean Regrets

I did a bit of a search and couldn't find a thread like this, so I figured "Hey, what the hell!"

I want to know if you have any regrets in Achaea. Nothing like "I regret not killing this guy because he was a real derp" or "I regret mudsex with that hot Siren that turned out to be a dude in real life" or any other lulz regrets. Did you treat someone like real dirt when he/she was a novice and it bit you in the ass years later when that novice became your org leader and made your life hell? Pass up an opportunity that could've had a real positive impact on your career in the game?

I'll start!

Major Regret

I truly regret never using the Council of Magi and the Enchantment Treaty as a means of stirring up some really interesting conflict during my time as the GM of the Warlocks. At a time when the majority of the players were begging for and demanding a war/conflict system to stave off how stale the usual battles had become, the mage guilds already had something in place that could've been a small breath of fresh air, even if but for a short time. The Council of Magi consisted of the GMs and secretaries of each of the 4 mage guilds, as well as esteemed elder members of said guilds. A hugely diverse crowd, especially when you consider that just about every Order had some representation within the CoM. So many ideological differences in one clan, yet we all seemed to have one belief in common: pestilence rings were bad, bad, bad! I was just too busy wrapped up in trying to save face after previous Warlock leaders left our relationship with just about every organisation in shambles. But oh, the fun that could've been had if I just would've had the sack to say "Sorry, we're making and selling rings. And while we're at it, knife and cube sigils too!"

It could've been great! I know the other guilds would definitely have had the backing of their cities, though I'm not sure I would've had the backing of mine. Which leads me to my next...

...Minor Regret...

Why, oh why did I stay a citizen of Ashtan for so long? I put so much time and effort into that city, and I often wonder how far along I would've been had I gone elsewhere. Maybe it was because I was a Warlock, and we were the ugly red-headed stepchild once the Infernals were gone? It just always drove me bonkers how selectively the great Pillars were upheld. Ashtan Law #2 should've said "Any unsolicited harmful act against a Citizen or Ally of Ashtan by a Citizen of Ashtan shall result in the offender losing citizenship, unless the victim of said harmful act is of the Warlocks guild." In separate instances, three different Shadowsnakes broke into the Warlock Guildhall, stole items from the Guildhall and Warlocks who were present and died in self-defense. Those three Snakes remained citizens, one was even cityfavoured for it (citing some self-motivated intention to help improve guild security), and all three refused to return the stolen items. The city's response to me? Threats to oust the Warlocks who attacked the Snakes (albeit in self defense), and a suggestion to purchase the stolen items back.

It always makes me wonder how things would've been had I stuck with the Interim Battalion once the Infernals were dissolved.

Comments

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited January 2013
    Naga break in to stuff to test security in Mhaldor also.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Cool story, any regrets?
  • Just saying you'd have found the same problem if you had stuck with the Infernals. There has been another thread just like this a few months back, but maybe people have remembered more regrets.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Not playing this game sooner.

• left my employer (lower pay, but i can play achaea!) for another employer (higher pay, but i can play the forums!)

it's been 9 months of forum playing now...
  • I wish I had not bought a L2 dirk and just gone the lolSnipe route. :(
  • Being a general ass to everyone.
  • Being too tolerant in the differences of others.
    I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • edited January 2013
    not worth it, will just cause rage

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Not working on combat earlier. Not making logosian. Not growing a beard earlier.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited January 2013
    I regret trading in my Thoth's fang for one of those god awful stupid returning javelins. Worst arte ever. But I traded in the javelin for the Lupine I have today so w/e.

• Spending money here. Shouldn't have spent a single penny. on any characters, at all.

Just don't do it!

• I regret being nice to Rheve a few days ago and helping him find some of my old monk scripts. Worst 1 minute and 32 seconds spent ever.

• Listened to people complaining about me hunting, should never have stopped, ugh.

• Suiciding my old character.
  • Being too nice when I was young. Been squished too many. It's an experience, but one I wouldn't want to re-live. perhaps it adds to the RP

• I still don't know what Ourania's Order is about. Orbital trajectory or gravity, presumably.
  • I regret attempting to join the famous Achaean cliches only realizing too late that it was not worth it to begin with.
  • I regret not ever getting past the pre-order into Hermes' order when I had the chance. :(
  • Tvistor said:
    I still don't know what Ourania's Order is about. Orbital trajectory or gravity, presumably.
    I would join that in a heartbeat.
  • Whoa.

You're right, that would be an awesome Order.
  • New Jarushallam = flying fortress?

• The evidence is stacking up.

Perhaps the exit from clouds will just be an ordinary exit?
  • Chryenth said:
    The evidence is stacking up.

Perhaps the exit from clouds will just be an ordinary exit?
    Trey said:
    New Jarushallam = flying fortress?
    New clouds exit: UP.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Refugees invade Arcadia and become the totem gank masters: "On the clouds" becomes Neo Shallam defendable.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    I regret not remembering the name of the most infamous Naga around...
  • edited January 2013
    Regret helping Sothantos get 2nd in the Twins :/

Jarrel-smalljpg