Class Emotions

13»

Comments

• Sylvance said:
    I'm sorry, but nodding/bowing/snuggling as you move through a room, fearful of losing balance, is not roleplaying. It's emoting.  And... if you're worried about losing balance then just use a predefined emote. Maybe, whilst running behind your mentor, you don't have time to stop and do the specific thing you wanted to do.
    The mechanic of "following" doesn't necessarily constitute one person running after another. It's a mechanic that serves to facilitate all forms of "moving together", ranging from an army following a general, over a group of friends going on a hunting trip, to a married couple taking a walk through the park. To assume that none of the possible situations where people might be "grouped up" in order to move together might involve gestures or displays of emotion seems weird. Also keep in mind that I was replying to the idea of adding a balance to predefined emotes as well, so your suggestion to "just use a predefined emote" wouldn't work then anymore either.

It kinda feels as if there are two very different arguments going on here.  To the second: I don't think there's actually a Predefined vs Custom argument at all at the base of this.
    This part of my post was aimed at Nellaundra's EDIT at the end of her post.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited January 2013
    The Ebon Fist has our own House emote too! We took the Sentaaribow emote, and modified it to suit the Triad. EFBOW, I believe.

Don't think so we would be allowed class emotes though, unless the admin wants to add some in when they have the inspiration and time!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:

Don't think so we would be allowed class emotes though, unless the admin wants to add some in when they have the inspiration and time!

Who knows? @Sarapis posted a one-hour contest for emotes on a whim. Who's to say he can't post a class emote contest in the near future?

BRB, drafting a 'kek' emote. You know what I'm talking about, @Ruth.

Hint, hint, Sarapis.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    KEK.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:
    KEKEKEKEKEKE

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Ruth said:
    The Ebon Fist has our own House emote too! We took the Sentaaribow emote, and modified it to suit the Triad. EFBOW, I believe.

I've never seen the sentaaribow and I thought of the house emote (of course, edited a bit by the house). I was trying to get inspiration from mudras and when those became too complicated, I just edited the martial arts bowing thingy to incorporate EF beliefs and made sure it's something you can do IRL, not like Naga's finger breaking house emote. xD

I agree. House emotes are actually more fun to think of than class ones since house members would have more in common in beliefs than people of the same class. 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Is there a way to find House emotes in-game, other than asking someone?

Just curious.
  • I think someone posted a picture on the old forums of how to do Nsign in real life without any broken fingers.

I wish the targeted version were different; I don't like the "sizing up X as your next mark" bit. If I were sizing up someone as my next mark, I'd hardly want to inform them of it.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:
    I think someone posted a picture on the old forums of how to do Nsign in real life without any broken fingers.

I wish the targeted version were different; I don't like the "sizing up X as your next mark" bit. If I were sizing up someone as my next mark, I'd hardly want to inform them of it.

Is the nsign emote something about forming an 'N' with their fingers? 

• @Synbios sorta, but not quite. Will send you the emote when I get home if you want.

• Antidas said:
    @Synbios sorta, but not quite. Will send you the emote when I get home if you want.

Sure. 

BRB, genetically modifying my fingers so they all become double-jointed.

• KitarelKitarel Edmonton, Alberta

Let's dare not roleplay proper commerce. Because all organisations totally need millions of dollars kicking around.

It'd be nice to see: Well, we need to raise money to hire a new maid to wash our dirty undergarments. Let's sell cupcakes out the back of this wagon and see about hunting up some gold!

Instead we see: I feel like adding in a mystical satchel in the House Hall. We're not using this cash anyway!

• One of my biggest goals as a Naga was replicating the n-sign emote irl.  It's not possible.

• Try using thumb, forefinger, and pinkie, and tucking the other two fingers down.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    edited January 2013
    Jiraishin said:
    Try using thumb, forefinger, and pinkie, and tucking the other two fingers down.
    But, but.. my fingers are Suffering from pain!

Edit: I see wat you did there. Ogod, you basts..
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• N-sign is pretty impossible to do in any way that someone would recognize as an 'N' without knowing what they're looking for.

On the other hand, we have a gang sign so whatever.