Does! It! STACK!

edited January 2013 in The Matsuhama Arena
>_> Thought I'd go game-show host on the title. Anyway, kind of as it implies, I thought this could be a thread for the more knowledgable people to post what different defenses stack, or don't stack.

For instance, what different health regens stack with each other, or are separate regens, stuff such as that.

Edit: Lmfao, never mind. @Cooper pwned me.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Oh. Lol. I actually didn't think to check that, figuring they wouldn't have all of it and that they would just be vague.

Edit: I mean... it was a clever troll! I wasted your time with a quick and easy copy/paste! Hah!

...okay.

• That's pretty helpful, @Cooper. Thanks!

• Actually, I do have more that's not covered by the regen file. For instance, how different resistances stack up (racial, trait, rings, abilities), such as do they all stack, is there a limit, what each resistance is approximately?

• I think, though I haven't tested extensively, that all resistances stack multiplicitavely (so if you have two 10% resistances, an attack that would normally do d damage would do d*.9*.9), without limit. Resistances from traits are 5%. From trans miniskills, somewhere around 12.5% (HELP AVOIDANCE says it can reduce physical damage by "nearly as much as one part in seven", so if the miniskills are the same, probably somewhere in the 12.5-14% range). Not sure about racial resistances or rings.
  • Does aeon stack?  I know it can wear off naturally after 12 seconds (?) but I was wondering if a new aeon flung during that time would reset the time or add on top of it.   

• Talonia said:
    Does aeon stack?  I know it can wear off naturally after 12 seconds (?) but I was wondering if a new aeon flung during that time would reset the time or add on top of it.   
    no

• To clarify, it resets the time.
  • Aeon resets the timer

How resistances and defenses 'stack' in damage reduction is too complicated for me to test or bother trying to figure out.

If you are a native to the class you got the defs from, they are figured out differently than if you got them from someone else. Or something like that.

• Defences used to multiply up, now they just add up. Assuming an Apostate and cutting damage trans avoidance (12.5%), putrefaction (20%), Demon armour (10%?). Would add up 0.125+0.2+0.1=0.425. If we add Algiz on it (which is external defence), it reduces remaining damage by 10%, (1-0.425)/10=0.057, so we add it on our ressistance and get 0.425+0.057=0.482. how shield and armour stack to that 48.2% ressistance I don't know.

• Cooper said:
    If you are a native to the class you got the defs from, they are figured out differently than if you got them from someone else. Or something like that.
    This was the case from February 2006 to December 2007, but now all resistances are treated the same (all being applied individually instead of adding together, reducing the effectiveness of stacked resistances).

Avto said:
    Defences used to multiply up, now they just add up. Assuming an Apostate and cutting damage trans avoidance (12.5%), putrefaction (20%), Demon armour (10%?). Would add up 0.125+0.2+0.1=0.425. If we add Algiz on it (which is external defence), it reduces remaining damage by 10%, (1-0.425)/10=0.057, so we add it on our ressistance and get 0.425+0.057=0.482. how shield and armour stack to that 48.2% ressistance I don't know.
    This is incorrect. Resistances used to be added together, now they aren't. In your example (12.5%, 20%, 10%), the total resistance would be 1-(1-0.125)*(1-0.2)*(1-0.1)=37%. Armour (body armour and shields are added together for the total armour value) is also applied separately, but is more complicated since it only applies to a portion of the damage.

Damage bonuses are the opposite, they used to be applied individually and now they're added together. So if you have 16 strength (about a 22.7% increase usually), an icon damage bonus (10%), and a Scimitar of Yen-Sorte (let's say 7%, though it doesn't seem to be exactly 7%), your total damage increase would be 22.7+10+7=39.7%.
  • True, got them mixed up.