Hashan Thread

Comments

• I manage to avoid this kind of problem by just not ganking anyone that I'm not 100% sure needs a ganking.
  • Tvistor said:
    I manage to avoid this kind of problem by just not ganking anyone that I'm not 100% sure needs a ganking.
    Sounds like a good plan! People respect you more when you don't act like a twit and gank random people who don't deserve it.
    "Sometimes... legends are true" 
  • Argys said:

I just wanna say, I never expected this thread would reach 12+ pages. It's been -really- awesome reading through and seeing the passion, interest, and opinions from everyone that's posted. Makes me super excited to get more involved, which I'll hopefully be able to do soon.

Apply to be an aide to my ministry! :ninja:
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    To be clear, we were targeting any refugees of reasonable might that were not in the New Hope or Cyrene. Equal opportunity assassinations.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Vayne said:
    To be clear, we were targeting any refugees of reasonable might that were not in the New Hope or Cyrene. Equal opportunity assassinations.
    teach those fools be go out and be productive
  • @Akia, @Tanris, if you read my posts, I said that I didn't mind being jumped. I'm a combatant who has raided Hashan and as you rightly pointed out, a mark. Jumping Eril/Ceer is who I was bawwing about. Niks is a valid target, as a raider.

Also, Tanris, hiding phased in the desert with 20+ same-named rooms isn't very 'heroic'. It's the same thing as hiding in the city, really, unless you think I should waste half my devotion putting cleansings around and hoping they weren't evading to thwart angel trace. That's just an exercise in futility.
    "Heroic" is a word that has never been used to describe the Serpentlords in my experience
  • @Vayne, neither has "classy", I'm willing to bet.
  • Eyes, man. They're not expensive.

Its a war, which means you have allies (serpents with phase). Get them to come help. The difference is you have recourse if they're outside the city. If they go sit inside it phased you've got nothing.

• Tanris said:

Eyes, man. They're not expensive.

I'm not sure if I want to make the obvious joke. Well played, Tanris.
  • Cinya said:
    I just wanna say, I never expected this thread would reach 12+ pages. It's been -really- awesome reading through and seeing the passion, interest, and opinions from everyone that's posted. Makes me super excited to get more involved, which I'll hopefully be able to do soon.
    Apply to be an aide to my ministry! :ninja:
    Becoming an aid to a minister is a great way to get involved with the happenings and goings on, also attending meetings when they're held, presenting ideas you have for the city, like @Shahai's dance, a poetry contest, essence contests for the Matron, and Patron. There is a plethora of ways to get involved in the city. I know that we were talking about combat before but you do not have to go and kill people to be passionate for your city.

((lol, I love reading your posts sometimes @Tanris they're generally well written and make me grin))
  • LyrLyr
    edited January 2013
    Zeon said:
    Eye sigils are cheap and essentially a free action. Tanris is right when he compliments them on not retreating to a city. What they did shows that they were interested in meaningful conflict (even if that conflict was them experiencing consequences for their actions).

Also complaining that they weren't putting themselves in enough danger because they were sitting in a room that has multiple names is the silliest thing I've ever heard and speaks towards your lack of experience as a mark. A lot of us were chasing and pursuing people long before you could easily scry and auto walk to a location. We also had to deal with people leaving the main land going off qw, people being able to lend veils, not having MAP, infinite gallop, etc, etc. The only real 'nerfs' to hunting other players that I can think of since I started playing have been 'evoke snowstorm' and who b taking balance.
    Err, of course I'm inexperienced. I became one literally two RL days ago.

Edit: I understand your point, and you're right. I could've gone to buy 100 eye sigils and spent a while eyeing every room I thought they'd be in. I didn't have a contract or anything on them, though, and I honestly didn't want to put up with the headache OOC of trying to fight two serpents (you know how much I hate fighting people with evade) alone. Niks showed up later, but we're both priests, so, yeah.
  • I don't mean to be putting you down, just trying to provide constructive criticism and show you that things aren't really as bad as you might be making yourself believe.

Also as a general rule it can be easier to kill people when they outnumber you slightly like that, since they'll be less likely to go on the defensive considering their inherent advantage. You might be surprised to find that fighting two serpents might be easier than fighting a single one. (Though serpents can still be a problem considering how strong their offense is from out of your room.)

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• edited January 2013
    @Hhaos I have the flu, and have only slept 6 hours in 3 days. I'll be back to spam PT soon though.

In my absence, spam PT Tanris style, and you'll have their attention.
  • Zeon said:
    I don't mean to be putting you down, just trying to provide constructive criticism and show you that things aren't really as bad as you might be making yourself believe.

Also as a general rule it can be easier to kill people when they outnumber you slightly like that, since they'll be less likely to go on the defensive considering their inherent advantage. You might be surprised to find that fighting two serpents might be easier than fighting a single one. (Though serpents can still be a problem considering how strong their offense is from out of your room.)
    Right, I was afraid of having to deal with one serpent doublestabbing and one serpent sniping.

Anyway, let's end the derail!
  • Mannimar said:
    @Hhaos I have the flu, and have only slept 6 hours in 3 days. I'll be back to spam PT soon though.

In my absence, spam PT Tanris style, and you'll have their attention.
    Get better soon Mannimar! D:  We miss you!

• edited January 2013
    I'm missing a lot. :((
  • Zeon said:
    Eye sigils are cheap and essentially a free action.

Tanris said:

Exactly. Now shall we discuss those pocket sinkholes and generally unbalanced use of Orb sigils and entities please :( ?

[-O<
  • Asmodron said:

Zeon said:

Tanris said:

Exactly. Now shall we discuss those pocket sinkholes and generally unbalanced use of Orb sigils and entities please :( ?

[-O<

What a great idea for another thread! Happy to hear the stupid/boring is being flushed out of Hashan, excited for the future. Good luck!
  • Elowin said:
    Zeon said:

Tanris said:

[-O<
    What a great idea for another thread! Happy to hear the stupid/boring is being flushed out of Hashan, excited for the future. Good luck!
    A woman with some obvious class. ;)
  • I will probably only be impressed at anyone staying outside the city if they don't immediately run upon being discovered. (which was probably going to happen)
    Tvistor said:
    I will probably only be impressed at anyone staying outside the city if they don't immediately run upon being discovered. (which was probably going to happen)
    Fascinating, so you are psychic? Me and Hawek waited them out each time. I have no problem text-dying, I am not that proud. Lyr even baited us out like he posted above and then immediately ran right after that. We were gearing up to go again but then he went back to New Hope.
  • I didn't say it was going to happen. It is just more or less a fact that most serpents are going to gtfo the moment an enemy is in the room with them.
  • That is why one must bring on the blademasters. Created specifically to create much nashing of fangs and outraged cries of "our evade and they get lifevision", they are the ultimate solution to all of your serpent problems.
  • When I go to sleep, I just lie awake for twenty minutes, thinking of ways to get past tree/alleviate/fitness that doesn't require impractical hypnosis timing. :(
  • Synbios said:
    Hi.
    Greetings Synbios.
    Tanris said:
    That is why one must bring on the blademasters. Created specifically to create much nashing of fangs and outraged cries of "our evade and they get lifevision", they are the ultimate solution to all of your serpent problems.
    Blademaster is a class that I do not for the life of me understand...
This discussion has been closed.