Hashan Thread

Inspired both by Lodi's thread and the massive derail going in the Refugee thread, I hereby give you all the Hashan thread!

I'm curious to hear from everyone, Hashani or not, what's good and what's bad!

Comments

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Ya, give me a few; I will write a book.
  • I like that all the best combatants are from Hashan. Possibly because it is similar to Hashishin?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • wat lol
  • AitoxAitox South Africa
    edited January 2013
    I have been a citizen of every city and I can honestly say that I do not understand 'city hate'. Every city offers a different experience; when I read Hashan's descriptions, interact with her denizens and citizens, what plays out in my head is totally different than what I experienced in Shallam, for example, and I absolutely love the variety. Mhaldor has always, and always will be, my favourite city. But can I play my alt there currently? No, because I am enjoying the flavour that Hashan offers too much currently. Does that make Mhaldor crappy for not catering to my personal needs? No. It's the inability of the players themselves to appreciate what each individual city has to offer on a myriad of levels, that nurtures this apparent distaste.
  • Aitox said:
    I have been a citizen of every city and I can honestly say that I do not understand 'city hate'. Every city offers a different experience; when I read Hashan's descriptions, interact with her denizens and citizens, what plays out in my head is totally different than what I experienced in Shallam, for example, and I absolutely love the variety. Mhaldor has always, and always will be, my favourite city. But can I play my alt there currently? No, because I am enjoying the flavour that Hashan offers too much currently. Does that make Mhaldor crappy for not catering to my personal needs? No. It's the inability of the players themselves to appreciate what each individual city has to offer on a myriad of levels, that nurtures this apparent distaste.

What do you know, @Aitox? You're a baby listening to music on headphones with its eyes closed!
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • edited January 2013
    I guess I should toss this out there and get it over with:

"There is no such thing as Hashan".

P.S: Will be giving a more detailed reply later.
    edited January 2013
    @Aktillum, it is fair enough that your character responded in the way he felt best, but it contributes to my point that the attitude exists, and I sincerely wished I walked away now, yes.

• I can't really speak about Hashan today, but the Hashan of the past...

It was irrelevant because it really had no movers and shakers in the grand scheme of things.When there were events, and you were Ashtani and could run off in a group with Shakti, Silverstorm, and Estach, you knew were part of something big. Same if you were from Shallam or a Churchie; if you were running with Aldair, Dresden, and the other big Paladins and Priests from back then, something the whole world would feel was going down. Hashan, even with its large contingency of Darkwalkers, chilled back for the most part. I'm certainly not knocking that, but that's where the feeling of irrelevance from older generations of players comes from. When the funk was going down, outside of a few d-bag serpents trying to steal in the clutter of text, Hashan was fairly quiet.

The only world event I really remember Hashan getting involved in back then was the Infernals vs. The World.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    I agree with Horatio and will also point out that older, "legendary" Darkwalkers like Darknight were known for being prolific AIM plotters who made use of spy-alts, perhaps a bit unabashedly. 

@Vayne The general consensus when dealing with Darkwalkers is "don't believe them". Aktillum, in all his bumbling space-cadetness, was your best case scenario, anyone else would have burnt the letter and told you to take your plots elsewhere.

Aktillum insulted your lack of suspects but I lagged and you guys had already left the room when it went through.

Vaehl said:
    Could you add a summarized version at the bottom, please.
    That is the summarized version.
  • Vayne said:

That is the summarized version.
    Can you post the full version, then?

In less than three consecutive limit-length posts, if possible.
  • Hashan needs more combatants that know what they're talking about to teach other people, can't be taken seriously without any military capability
    That might take me a while, in all things I strive to be concise. :P
  • Defining yourself as being manipulative is not conducive to being successfully manipulative. Hence, the whole Darkwalker approach is flawed, unless you can successfully keep it secret, which is impossible long-term
  • I've been guilty of alluding to "Hashan doesn't exist", but I only do it in direct response to Hashani mocking my own text city!
  • Interestingly enough, the use of the word 'insular' started with a non-enemy to either Hashan not Ourania - me. I don't think I'm even officially enemied to Twilight, though I wouldn't mind giving cause to rectify that oversight.

Hell, back in the Rho days of the Church, I was one of the chief advocates FOR Hashan, saying that Hashan was just a place, and we should fight the Darkwalkers and Revolutionaries separately, rather than the city, which could still be 'saved' from an IC perspective, though we all knew OOC that would never be allowed. I was even a member of the Hashan Legion at one point. In hindsight, this was incredibly naïve, both as a character and a player, but hey, I was in an idealistic late teen/early twenties phase.

So when I say that Hashan was an insular wreck that couldn't city their way out of a paper bag, it's not through my lack of effort
    edited January 2013
    @Tanaar Hashan nor Darkwalkers define themselves as manipulative. This is the forum, I was speaking in an OOC sense, obviously Vayne does not go around telling people he is try to manipulate them. I havenoticed how little Good factions actually know about Twilight's teachings.

@Talonia makes some excellent points, I have experienced the non fraternization rules in both Shallam and Cyrene to be limiting for both sides by divine hand in some instances when topics came up organically and other times just because I was there.

Edit: Also @Tanaar, I cannot help but notice all of your references are very very past tense.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited January 2013
    Responding mostly to @Cinya and @Tanaar from the Shallam thread, because I don't want to perpetuate the derail:

Hashan can be pretty insular. My presence there, even when Mhaldor was not involved in hostilities with Hashan, even when I wasn't doing anything besides looking for deals in Hashan's shops without interacting with anyone, produced  some very clearly  negative reactions. Likewise the one time I tried to interact with @Vayne previous to when we talked business and I figured out trying was hopeless. I get that I am a dangerous, untrustworthy Naga element and that @Vayne dislikes Naga on principle, but what I got out of those interactions was just we don't want to deal with you.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Just to clarify, those unenemyings were planned fully IC in advance. Hashan has also been very good of late about telling us "no, we're good" if we ask if they  need assistance when they don't. This is something all cities could benefit from emulating.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited January 2013
    Tanris said:
    Just to clarify, those unenemyings were planned fully IC in advance. Hashan has also been very good of late about telling us "no, we're good" if we ask if they  need assistance when they don't. This is something all cities could benefit from emulating.

In discussion or not, they literally began unenemying as they were being raided. Discussion should have been postponed until threat over. Otherwise they were viewed as the scared little sibling who had to get their older brother to save them.
  • Tanris said:
    Just to clarify, those unenemyings were planned fully IC in advance. Hashan has also been very good of late about telling us "no, we're good" if we ask if they  need assistance when they don't. This is something all cities could benefit from emulating.
    We haven't raided them since the Bal'meth event? I guess that's why?

This discussion has been closed.