Wilderness Map to Mini Console (Mudlet)

So, I know there are a few GUI packages out there with this built in, but if anyone is looking for a lightweight-standalone wilderness mini console here is something for you to give a try for mudlet.

After you download and load the package just use the WILDMAP command to get started.

WILDMAP ON|OFF|AUTO - Turns map on and off, or auto will do it for you as you enter/leave the wilderness.
WILDMAP GAG - Toggles if map is left in main window or gagged
WILDMAP FLASH - Shows position and size of map
WILDMAP XPOS|YPOS - allows you to adjust where map is on the screen on the fly
WILDMAP SIZE - changes the font size (and thus the overall size) of the map

Download Link

Enjoy!

Comments

• edited December 2019
    This is awesome!  Thank you for posting this.
  • Out of curiosity how did you determine what text to send to the console?  I'm attempting to code something like this for a different MUD but I can't figure out how to know when map text starts to capture.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    Out of curiosity how did you determine what text to send to the console?  I'm attempting to code something like this for a different MUD but I can't figure out how to know when map text starts to capture.
    https://nexus.ironrealms.com/GMCP#IRE.Display
  • Aaah excellent thank you!
  • @Torinn I technically didn't use the GMCP tags, but that is a really good idea. I think in nexus there are start and end tags that come with the map...but when I tested with mudlet they both came before map grid text.

I do use the gmcp ohmap variable to determine when the map should be turned on and off as so far in my testing that is only shown while in the wilderness or subdivision.
  • Ah you don't use gmcp tags, interesting.  The game I'm attempting to do this for doesn't use gmcp either (since they're not an IRE game?).  The wilderness map has specific start and end tags to watch for?
  • I just have a trigger that included every possible character you can see in the wilderness and set it to ensure it is a specific length. So, if IRE comes out with new wilderness features (such as Neraeos' statues) then the trigger would need to be adjusted to accommodate. It is really obvious though when that needs to be done because every line except for the one with the different character is sent to the mini console...it looks pretty strange :)

I also only gag/append to console if the mapper window is not hidden. There is likely still technically a possibility for something other than the wilderness map to get captured, especially if you are reading help files on a ship or something, but the mini console resets on every prompt, so just a quick LOOK, will get it refreshed.

You can also just WILDMAP OFF temporarily. to ensure nothing gets sent there accidentally.
  • edited December 2019
    Torinn said:
    Ah you don't use gmcp tags, interesting.  The game I'm attempting to do this for doesn't use gmcp either (since they're not an IRE game?).  The wilderness map has specific start and end tags to watch for?
      Aardwolf has gmcp, too. As do a few others out there.

• Thanks for this, works great! B)
  • Jinsun said:
    Thanks for this, works great! B)
    Where's the dislike button?? Everything I post from now on is gonna have a Jinsun killswitch built in I think....where it will backfire on him at the most inopportune moments.  =)
  • Any chance you could update this link? Think it is exactly what im looking for.