First Thread

edited August 2012 in North of Thera
Hi! I just wanted to win by being the first!

Comments

• What is your prize? :P
    I imagine it is an internet.

@Iocun - But since it's you, I'll give two internets.
    We ought not offer only on one occasion, subliminally sublime sublimation.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    It's so white D: is there a black background?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• First badge to Iocun!

………whatever a badge is………
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• @Jurixe - Those forum serpents... always feel the need to hide in the shadows.
  • Must evoke forum flash to detect serpents
  • @Tukio I'm just doing this to get another badge.

• @Iocun: I think Kalvon got to the first post first, but @Jumpy had to delete that thread. Also fishing for badges!
  • @Nemutaur: If you want to fish for badges, you should probably say @Kalvon if you're talking about @Kalvon. You did so for @Jumpy, so I don't see any reason why you, @Nemutaur, shouldn't have done it for @Kalvon as well.
  • Haha, that is a funny feature and yes, I forgot @Kalvon. It is nice to see when you get mentioned in a thread due to notifications though.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Hi forums, missed you.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    What is your prize? :P
    A shiny badge
  • @Iocun I think this particular badge is still twitchy and doesn't count if there's a quote in the comment. Let's see.

A shiny badge
    Why not a rusty badge?

A shiny badge
    Why not a rusty badge?
    Everyone should already own a rusty badge.

Also, I love the folding of nested quotes. You can configure how many levels deep you want to see before it starts folding, in your profile settings.
  • Yeah. I really like the general feel of those forums, so far.
  • edited August 2012
    The smileys are cute :D

edit ew not that one though :(
  • Kalvon was actually first, though, but Jumpy deleted his thread!

So Iocun was not first. Jumpy also disabled posting privs in the middle of me posting my 'SECOND!' post :(

• edited August 2012
    I still got to the forums when nobody else was here yet :(
    There just wasn't a "New Discussion" button yet, so I couldn't make a new thread.

Edit: Ugh, that sadface smiley (quite a contradiction, isn't it!) is ugly.
  • Yeah not liking them anymore!
  • It doesn't seem that you can actually edit posts, hm.
  • edited August 2012
    I also think the forums have managed to slow down already - at least there's a fair bit of waiting on them when loading the page. And we started with a clean slate with none of the data yet. I wonder if it'll still manage to not slow down.

also, forums already "broke":

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

• I feel like I'm cheating on the old forums.  
  • Hurrah! I got mentioned in a post! Woo Hoo.
  • SamakhulisSamakhulis Greeley, Colorado
    Doesn't seem all that laggy to me. Maybe they've fixed it up. Except for a service unavailable message at the bottom of this page. But I don't know what it's supposed to be and I'm not too concerned about it anyway.
    Remind me to dig out 1) my two parody contributions and 2) the Colorado 2014 photos! Both threads are gone, and I'm sad.

Star Wars COULD be boring...but it isn't. Here's why I don't tell people that I'm talking with an NPC. Oh, and I never actually met Ethaya, but her comics are absolutely amazing!!

Speaking of rare minerals: Defuperine - That candy coating that you find on the skin of overzealous adventurers who put on so many layers of defenses upon awakening that you wonder how they're able to move afterward.

• I was about to say I hadn't seen slow load times yet, but then I hit reload on this thread and it took 8 seconds. Here's hoping it's an anomaly. Also, if Lord Aeon decides to interpret this is as an IC interaction and punish me in game, I'll be sad.
  • It doesn't seem that you can actually edit posts, hm.
    Editing works fine for me. Hover with your cursor above your post and there should be a cog wheel icon at the upper right of your post. Click on it to edit. 
  • I just want one more badge today...
  • @Samakhulis I thought it was part of Vadi's sig…so far the forums seems to be working though. Much more faster, efficient but learning to do nested quotes that actually want to work for me is just not happening. And all this WHITE is really burning the eyeballs!!