Group or 1v1 combat

Comments

• Since I'm just starting to think about combat. So for learning purposes 1 vs. 1
  • I have had a lot of really fun 1 v 1 fights, so I prefer that. Except against super artied monks. 

i'm a rebel

• It is only when I hit guarding and die to axekick from full health, though. The rest is okay. When that happens I want to do something really really mean. Like call them a jerk or something. That is pretty mean. That will teach them. >C

i'm a rebel

• Whoa I'm not super artied! I've only got 13 STR!
  • You don't need to defend yourself when you win Jacen, you just need to plaugh victim.
  • I'm not Mhaldorian though :(
  • You'll learn, man.
  • I have +2 str gauntlets but I only have 14 str :(

• Go to the gym.
  • But do you even lift?
  • I prefer group combat (on the chars I've fought with) because I get to hide behind a group of actually good people while I just have to spam instakills and hope for the best. I do enjoy learning 1 v 1 though

• Cooper said:
    Pfft.
    just because you lost to @ayoxele 5 times in a row and couldnt handle it
  • I kinda like X vs Y combat, where the teams are unbalanced and the underdogs have to strategize to overtake fewer but more skilled opponents. Really good for learning.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • @xith i like that too, except when your group refuses to work as a team
  • @xith. We call that group combat.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• @Zeon we call that a blanket term that encompasses the specific scenario I described.

10 points from Hufflepuff.
  • If two options represent disjoint domains and one of the two encompasses your vote, then it makes sense that you'd vote for the option your vote is encompassed by.

It would be like taking this survey:

What's your favorite kind of food?

a) meat
    b) candy
    c) fruit

And answering:

I kinda like the food, where it's an apple. That's my favorite food and it's not on the list. Really tasty apples.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• What if you hate most fruit and kind of like all meat, but you love apples?
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited February 2013
    I've changed my mind, After doing more group combat im beginning to like it more. Small group combat of course Raids are extremely spammy and lame. While 2v2 or 3v3 or 2v3 or 3v2 Is alot more fun. For once im basing my considerations on class change on 2v2 instead of 1v1 and how much easier it would be to get raid kills.

Sidonia said:
    I generally prefer 1v1 because it's what combat is balanced for. The fluidity of group melee is nice when you hit the stalemate wall in 1v1 but in general it's just focus-firing somebody with OP combos and removing them from the fight in a few seconds. That said, some of my favourite times were 2vXing people with Otha in Eleusis.
     I agree with your assessment of group combat, However I think that's what gives it more of a thrill. Plus group combat ends alot faster when some of the duels i've had have went on for HOURS with no winner.

• Zeon said:
    If two options represent disjoint domains and one of the two encompasses your vote, then it makes sense that you'd vote for the option your vote is encompassed by. It would be like taking this survey: What's your favorite kind of food? a) meat b) candy c) fruit And answering: I kinda like the food, where it's an apple. That's my favorite food and it's not on the list. Really tasty apples.
    We call that beating a horse that never existed.
    Super funny and clever though. You're an asset to the community.
  • Xith said:

Zeon said:

If two options represent disjoint domains and one of the two encompasses your vote, then it makes sense that you'd vote for the option your vote is encompassed by.

It would be like taking this survey:

What's your favorite kind of food?

a) meat
    b) candy
    c) fruit

And answering:

I kinda like the food, where it's an apple. That's my favorite food and it's not on the list. Really tasty apples.

We call that beating a horse that never existed.
    Super funny and clever though. You're an asset to the community.

As are you. Landscaping is a wonderful way to pretty up the scenery.

• Ooh, a blind shrub joke. Think of that all by yourself?
  • Mishgul said:
    I prefer 1 v 20 combat personally
    But surely you can get by with only 17-18 people backing you up.
  • screw you and your blood pinata :C
  • Carmain is a noob, I have won vs one guy with only 7 people on my team before.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Tvistor said:
    Carmain is a noob, I have won vs one guy with only 7 people on my team before.
    :| I still resent that

• Group combat is fun.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I prefer group combat, specially now as a serpent who can snipe. Really, I adore serpent, but other than sniping and backstabing, I hate its combat

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.