Don

Firstly, remove "don" as a regular WEAR command.

I would like "don" to allow one to put very specific clothing and jewelry items on other players.
List of allowed don-able clothing items (that come to mind): necklaces/medallions/etc, cloaks, jackets, coats, blankets, scarves, and probably a couple others.

Reader's digest version: ability to put (a few select) items on people rather than giving them and having them wear them.

The command doesn't have to be don. It could be Joe, Jeff, Greg, Enrobe, or Dress

Comments

• I like this. But rather than limiting it to specific clothing types, maybe just require an AGREE.
  • I take it this would have some sort of agree message?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Solid idea, with the AGREE provision.

• +1 to agree. Please implement this before Logosmas ends.
  • I don't really like the AGREE part because it's a bit immersion-breaking. It's a similar situation as for titles: yes, title privileges are sometimes abused, but adding an AGREE to being titled makes certain intense RP situations feel a bit too mechanical. If a god, king, or house leader bestows a title on you, or clothes you in ceremonial robes, it shouldn't come down to agreeing or not agreeing, it should just happen. The same even applies when it's say, a wife putting a scarve around her husband's neck, or similar.

I understand the reluctance to allow this without any type of AGREE to anyone, but as long as the items to which this can applied is limited, the novelty of abusing it excessively will wear off rather soon, I hope. And people who are being idiots about it can be dealt with in other fashions, just as much as people who are being idiots with emotes, FEED, or whatever.

Just better exclude straightjackets from the list of donnable items!
  • @Iocun: If people need an AGREE-like functionality, it could be ACCEPT instead, if that's possible. That might make it feel a bit less immersion-breaking; to me, at least, it'd imply that you're physically cooperating with their attempts to dress you (putting your arms into ceremonial robe sleeves, or standing still while your wife wraps the scarf around your neck).

• edited December 2012
    Nim said:

@Iocun: If people need an AGREE-like functionality, it could be ACCEPT instead, if that's possible. That might make it feel a bit less immersion-breaking; to me, at least, it'd imply that you're physically cooperating with their attempts to dress you (putting your arms into ceremonial robe sleeves, or standing still while your wife wraps the scarf around your neck).

It's less the actual command I dislike, but being prompted to type it in. The game speaking to me OOC is always inherently immersion-breaking to some degree. Sure, one might say that this applies to every prompt, in a sense, but since those appear constantly, they meld into the world and don't stand out.
  • Tvistor said:
    Or not.

wield dustbomb
    throw dustbomb at ground
    wield dustbomb
    throw dustbomb at ground
    don achilles dress
    goto mhaldor 4
    force achilles showoff dress
  • Apart from my armour and boots I never even look at what I wear. If this goes in I could walk around Sapience dressed like a drunken prostitute that ran through a Mayasween party dressed in velcro and I would never even realise it.

• I have no real feelings one way or the other about the idea, other than I would prefer DRESS or CLOTHE for the command. DON just doesn't feel right to me when referring to somebody else.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited January 2013
    @Arador I'd have to make another pair of those sexy red stockings. Maybe a corset. Silly boxers? The fact that you don't appear to wear anything under your fullplate just makes it all the more easier, so many clothing slots to fill.

• Although, judging from the fact that you can purchase greaves, sabaton, gauntlets, bracers, a coif... implies that fullplate is just a shoulders/torso/skirt kind of deal, which makes it a little more disturbing when you don't wear anything else...

• The most important part if Knight combat is to stay well ventilated!

• Don is inappropriate in this context. Adorn would work better.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Only just saw this thread and twisters attempt to Barbie me.
  • +1 I like the idea.

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    when I hear don, I think of Don Johnson, and immediately feel like I'm part of a Vice Squad.
  • Excellent idea. If we don't want agree/accept type command, then DON (dress, clothe) could be 2 message - 3 second delayed ability. During which target can TURN AWAY and avoid being dressed.
  • So like, venomlock + dustbombs THEN you try to dress Achilles up?

You guys are making this difficult.
  • Naga dressup squad.

Because ganking is hard.
  • I decided to read The Godfather because of this thread. It was pretty good. Thank you OP.
  • +1

Team Tanris assembles. Devise an intelligent plan. Enforce an area control and entrench out. Silas is cought in a trap. Hanged men are flung, daeggers reflect the moonlight, telepathic waves disturb the air... Suddenly Mizik pulls out pink mantle with purple strips and forcibly puts on Silas.

Having achieved his victory, Tanris blows the horn of retreat and dreamteam go on celebrating their victory on the bar-stools of Fire and Dice.
  • Tanris has no horn of retreat. Only the horn of victory and the halls of Thoth.
  • We're gonna make Shallam an offer they can't refuse.
  • Tvistor said:
    We're gonna make Shallam an offer they can't refuse.
    Don't worry, we won't refuse it.

We'll just veto it.

And then execute you.

And put the remains in a matchbox.

And mail the matchbox to ourselves.

And when it arrives...we'll forward it to Mhaldor. 

Genius.