Shop of Wonders ideas.

Just some ideas I had for the Shop of Wonders. I generally feel the Shop of Wonders has a gimmicky and toy-fun theme to it so I put that into consideration.

Delivery Pigeon: With this helpful bird, you may send letters from wherever you are, no longer requiring those pesky postal stations.

Pixie Dust: Upon using, will give you permanent levitation for a time, as well as special QL and entrance/exit message of you floating. Consumed on use, until reset.

Silent Veil: While wearing this veil, your deaths will be hidden from the populace. (This can be bitter-sweet, but seems alright)

Dew Drop: This magical drop of water may be used to enhance the plant growth in a room, much like a druid enacting the Fertility Rite. Consumed on use, will reset.

Weather Staff (my personal favorite): With this staff in hand you may summon a rainstorm to quench any fires within the room. It will also put out flames and wash away stink upon any unlucky victims in the room.

Pet Collar: Ever wanted your adorable Crated Pet to be even more special? Now you can! By wearing this Collar your pet would be taught little adorable tricks it may do. You may tell it to SIT, DANCE, LAY DOWN, and even PLAY DEAD! (Just SAY TO <pet> "command")

Painters Kit: With this Kit you may paint the portrait of whomever you wish in the room, so long as they remain standing still for a time. Once done you would have a lovely portrait of the individual that you could HANG within a home if you choose.

Comments

• Allow use of the Badge of Returning on regular artefacts. Sucks if a monk makes you drop a weapon and you're gimped for a bloody hour.

• Why buy an artefact to lessen the effect of something that's trivially prevented with either an enchantment or a class ability?
  • Hourglass of Quickening: TWIST HOURGLASS to invoke the speed defense. Can only be done once per Achaean day.

• What are you referring to @Eld?

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• edited December 2012

What about a talking parrot that can interpret to and from every language except city languages and Divine (ideally would include both Tsol'dasi and Vertani, as well as any other obscure languages)?  It could be as simple as "a gleaming gold parrot" (tip of the hat to 3PO without being to obvious - of course he wouldn't be clockwork or anything)?  I don't really care about the description, though.  I think I'd actually buy that.  I keep waiting for more Shop of Wonders items I'd want to buy. 

• edited December 2012
    Synbios said:
    Hourglass of Quickening: TWIST HOURGLASS to invoke the speed defense. Can only be done once per Achaean day.
    You mean an elixir of speed/whatever that poisonous, heathen alchemical alternative is? Except it costs Crowns?

Maybe if it was useable a lot more frequently, like once per minute, it would be a hell of a lot more useful for denying aeon attempts, but 1/hour is useless except to save you a few gold in your initial def-up. Considering a Crown goes for ~200k in credits, not worth it.

ETA: Alternatively, allowing you to TURN HOURGLASS 1/hour lets you warp time around yourself, immediately restoring you to the normal timestream if aeoned. Is not itself slowed by being aeoned. If done in retardation vibe, lets you act normally for 10-15 seconds <--Extremely abuseable. I can already see magi artied to the hilt straight up raping people stuck in retardation while they're not. Nope.
  • Zeon said:
    What are you referring to @Eld?
    Trey's comment about badges of returning for artefact weapons. Reducing the reset time for when a monk knocks a weapon out of your hand seems rather inferior to just using fist sigils and/or gripping.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited December 2012
    Jules said:

What about a talking parrot that can interpret to and from every language except city languages and Divine (ideally would include both Tsol'dasi and Vertani, as well as any other obscure languages)?  It could be as simple as "a gleaming gold parrot" (tip of the hat to 3PO without being to obvious - of course he wouldn't be clockwork or anything)?  I don't really care about the description, though.  I think I'd actually buy that.  I keep waiting for more Shop of Wonders items I'd want to buy. 

Make it an earring or something, not a parrot. Not everyone wants pets. If I could buy this as an earring, I'd get it. I love the necklace of comprehension, but hate how it takes up your only neck slot, and decays after 30 months.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Synbios said:
    Hourglass of Quickening: TWIST HOURGLASS to invoke the speed defense. Can only be done once per Achaean day.
    Have to remember these items arent suppose to assist in combat, but generally have a fun wonderous theme to them. I doubt such an item like this would even be made an artefact since it would become a "requirement to be a top combatant".
  • My thought was that admin might go for the idea of a magical "interpreter" more readily, but agreed on the "not everyone wants pets".  I'd go for an earring just as easily, or they could do both. 

• Since they already have an enchanted necklace, a magical earring that does the same job isn't much of a jump. :)

• Katzchen said:
    Since they already have an enchanted necklace, a magical earring that does the same job isn't much of a jump. :)

True - this lets you hold a conversation, and understand and speak even very exotic languages, but it really is in the same vein. 
  • Necklaces are on the list to be removed from the game. It's not likely that they'll become artefacts any time soon. The reason being is it breaks up factions and makes the different languages pretty much useless.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • edited December 2012
    Something that lets you speak and understand every language will have to cost thousands of Mayan Crowns.
    Beya said:
    Necklaces are on the list to be removed from the game. It's not likely that they'll become artefacts any time soon. The reason being is it breaks up factions and makes the different languages pretty much useless.
    The listed suggestion is to make them give partial understanding (adding to your existing fluency) instead of full, so learning languages is more useful (and you can spread your learning out to multiple languages more easily instead of learning two or three to full fluency).
  • I actually like that even better.  Thanks.  Still need something to spend my crowns on!
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited December 2012

Beya said:
    Necklaces are on the list to be removed from the game. It's not likely that they'll become artefacts any time soon. The reason being is it breaks up factions and makes the different languages pretty much useless.
      They only let you hear racial languages don't they? Not even Tsol'dasi or Dragon. Certainly not faction languages. I wasn't meaning you could speak those languages, just hear them. I don't see why that would cost thousands of Crowns, when it costs 2000g for 30 months right now.

• Katzchen said:
    They only let you hear racial languages don't they? Not even Tsol'dasi or Dragon. Certainly not faction languages. I wasn't meaning you could speak those languages, just hear them. I don't see why that would cost thousands of Crowns, when it costs 2000g for 30 months right now.
    Jules suggested allowing you to speak languages as well as understand them. Which is essentially the same as giving perfect fluency in every racial language, which costs billions of gold.

• Sena said:
    Katzchen said:
    Jules suggested allowing you to speak languages as well as understand them. Which is essentially the same as giving perfect fluency in every racial language, which costs billions of gold.
    Ah, sorry I mis read that... probably because yes, I think that's ludicrous to give out.

• I do wish they'd cap language learning at some point though. A language learning token sold for 5-6 crowns maybe? That way it's still crazy expensive, but not practically impossible to learn all languages.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I would love to see a few make a small return, such as the kris, the bait bucket, the jar, and likely some others, but those three were my biggies.

I would go on a crown-buying spree to get at least the first and third of those.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I think the need another collared mount.
  • Sena said:
    Katzchen said:
    This is true... and maybe part of why not many seem to bother with it, since the return is pretty much just a little "flavor" - all of which is probably part of why the languages are being phased out (which I'm also more than fine with).
  • I don't think there's been any sign of racial languages being phased out.
  • TERRIN'UKIA's MONOCLE PRZ

• Bait bucket :(
  • The wing artefact thing on the list is a near insta-buy when it comes out unless they price it too crazy...
  • Asmodron said:
    Synbios said:
    Have to remember these items arent suppose to assist in combat, but generally have a fun wonderous theme to them. I doubt such an item like this would even be made an artefact since it would become a "requirement to be a top combatant".

Tanaar said:
    Synbios said:
    You mean an elixir of speed/whatever that poisonous, heathen alchemical alternative is? Except it costs Crowns?

Maybe if it was useable a lot more frequently, like once per minute, it would be a hell of a lot more useful for denying aeon attempts, but 1/hour is useless except to save you a few gold in your initial def-up. Considering a Crown goes for ~200k in credits, not worth it.

ETA: Alternatively, allowing you to TURN HOURGLASS 1/hour lets you warp time around yourself, immediately restoring you to the normal timestream if aeoned. Is not itself slowed by being aeoned. If done in retardation vibe, lets you act normally for 10-15 seconds <--Extremely abuseable. I can already see magi artied to the hilt straight up raping people stuck in retardation while they're not. Nope.

Which was why I put in the restrictions. I was hoping it would also cost a short amount of balance. Considering that there is the starburst flask, which also provides a 'convenience' bonus for deffing up, I don't see why this idea is any worse.