THIS, is why earrings need to be downgraded. A supposed "Duel"

12346»

Comments

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    It's the two way nature of it.  Earring out (1s eq), wait 3 seconds/heal up, earring back in brand new.
  • edited December 2012
    Tanris said:
    Precisely. Which indicates to me that escape is not the issue that you have with earrings.
    Yes. It's the mobility. I believe limiting it will help because you wouldn't have about 5 different choices to instantly teleport to if in danger - you'd have one. And that person would only have you, as well. I don't really care about earring escape, it's just re-positioning oneself very easily. I.E: You jump someone with hangedman, 5 allies earring to you, instant gank.
  • Rather than say, walk around with five people following you? Fact is if you want to gank someone, you can do it without earrings, but sure, let's agree to disagree on that.

Personally I've always ascribed to the Mizik school of thought of earrings: if they want to involve a second party, so will I. Done arguing though, people have their views on earrings and those won't change.

• edited December 2012
    I meant more in the situation of your teammates are slightly scattered, you run into someone one versus one, your entire team earrings in, instead of you grouping up and then attacking. And sure, we'll agree to disagree.

I do like the buff idea though.
  • tbf, I was Tanris' second. He'll keep the first five.

• Why would you ever get someone other than Dunn for earrings. This guy always freaking survives. Somehow.
  • edited December 2012
    You heard it here folks. 3 kd and always survives.

*Buy me more earrings.

• Dunn said:
    tbf, I was Tanris' second. He'll keep the first five.
    I was the first, and he ditched me like a bad habit :(
  • I'm relatively certain Dunn's major success is having earrings with a Serpent!

Willing to offer to survival to anyone willing to invest.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• This, is why evade needs to be downgraded.
  • Evade should bypass any number of rooms via Syntax: EVADE <dir> <dir> <dir> etc to put it more in line with Earrings.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• @Jarrod: With the abundance of automappers, and the ability to know room IDs via GMCP, I suggest an alternative syntax (in addition to the above): EVADE <roomID>

Shouldn't be too difficult to program in. I imagine there's already a god command with the same functionality!
  • edited December 2012
    I prefer EVADE EVERYWHERE. Multiplies your body into as many instances as there are rooms in Achaea and places one in each room. You only die once all of your bodies are killed.

EDIT: Eh, perhaps too powerful. Make it stopped by level two head damage, I guess.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    too many horcruxes, you will make your soul unstable.
  • If all versions are killed, permadeletion. Let us rid ourselves of the scourge of achaea that is Serpents. Then we'll move onto Blademasters. 
  • Precisely.
  • Zeon said:
    Yeah delete those serpents. They've got ridiculous 1v1 theft infiltrate evade and snipe potential. 
    BMs outevade us and I get killed way more often by arrows than I kill with them :(
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    that's because you dash down from clouds for some weird reason

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • No matter how many times you kill Iocun, he'll always be looking dashing down on you.
  • Tvistor said:
    No matter how many times you kill Iocun, he'll always be looking dashing through the snow, in a one-camel open sleigh, o'er the red fog lands, sniping all the way.