Hey, everyone! I wanted to share with you all something I have been working on for the past month. I just returned to MUDs and joined Achaea to help learn how to code. I've been having a lot of fun with Mudlet building various scripts and GUIs and thought I would share it with everyone. I have a short video of what the UI looks like and most of the different features.
I am not requesting payment or anything for this but, like I previously said, I am
a new player to Achaea and if you so feel inclined, I wouldn't turn down any donations if you want to send them my way.
Without further ado:
Here are the features I've coded into this script:Type 'nightfall' to see the commands available.
You can also click '[gui options]' at the bottom to adjust the fontsize for various things as the placement may seem off depending on your resolution as compared to mine. It will save fontsize settings between sessions. Also, the chatbox I utilize is YATCO and so the script will automatically load it in to the right_bar, bottom container. You do not need set the container in the YATCO config (leave it false). I've also tried to comment copiously so that others may learn from the scripting and/or modify as they see fit.
Also, I have included in the zip the font that I use for the labels and tab headings, bignoodletitling
. Install it!
- Will display your score information in the Score tab and your current target in the Combat tab.
- The percent progress bar to next level is the same color as your color set for target.
- The combat tab is a work in progress. I am planning on possibly adding affliction tracking or something else as I figure out what might be useful there. Limb tracking? We'll see!
- Displays the people, denizens, and objects in a room. You can click the links in it to perform actions quickly. Clicking the ID will target it or pick it up. If there are a group of items, it will attempt to pick up the entire group. Clicking the name with inspect the item.
- The ID will be colored if the denizen is a target. The name will be colored if the player is your target.
- On the right with an age bar if you're a Depthswalker (will not create if not appropriate)
- Rage counter that appears above it only when you have rage
- Uses the in-game 'st' command to update the global variables 'target' and 'target_id'
- Highlight items in your room whatever color you'd like. Will match on partial words so you can set highlighting of 'scroll' to high 'paper scroll, 'crimson scroll', etc.
- Set target highlight color with 'ih target (color)'
- Exclude items from the RoomInfo box. Tired of seeing monolith sigils? Exclude it!
- Skill bar at the bottom of the screen that should create as many slots as will fit for your screen.
- Populate your character's skill information by simply typing the 'ab' command.
- Popups for your skills that will disappear after a few seconds (helpful for new players learning what each skill does).
- Both a PVE and PVP bar since battlerage skills won't exactly be helpful in PVP combat
- Keybindings in place to use slots 1-13. Slot 1 is Ctrl+`, 2 is Ctrl-1, 3 is Ctrl-2, etc.
- *** Icons should be added to the /mudlet/profiles/Achaea/NightfallUI/images folder. The icons I use are 50x50 px images with a transparent layer that I got from http://game-icons.net/ and converted from svg to png using Inkscape taking the "path difference" to make it transparent. The naming of the icons is 'skillgroup.ability.png'. Examples are included in the script folder.
- This is still a WIP. The popups sometimes are not wide enough to contain all the text.
- Set the name of your container using 'gg (container)' without the parenthesis e.g. 'gg pack'.
- If you type 'gg' it quickly puts away gold in your inventory in your container.
- If you type 'gg (amount)' it will get that amount out from your container without triggering the anti-theft triggers.
- Typing 'gg (amount) (object ID)' will get that amount out and buy the object if you are, for example, at a store.
- It will automatically 'wear pack' if you are made to remove it. Customize this trigger as needed
- It will alert you if someone snaps at you (and color their name if you use NDB or have them set as target variable) and also if someone successfully steals from you.
- If you go to a store and type wares, it will let you click the object ID to probe it and click the gold amount in the last column to buy it. Things you cannot afford with the amount of gold on your person are colored dim_gray and are not clickable.
- The script will save your item highlighting, room exclusion, skillbars, and fontsize between sessions and between characters. I couldn't really test it between characters because I don't have multiclass. I did make an alt and it seemed to work well when switching between my main and the alt after 'qq'
Thanks for reading. I couldn't have done this without the help of the friendly players on the Mudlet discord in addition to the dozens of people who have made various portions of their scripts and snippets public on here and other forums/websites. I included in the "Initialize Variables" script at the top some shoutouts. Also, if you use any of the pieces of this suite, mind adding your own shoutout if you share it?