Transmutation Revamp

123457»

Comments

• Please read one of the ~10 times this was already explained in this thread. My patience is pretty much 0 for people bitching about how this is a nerf and not good for them.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Don’t have traits or gloves?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I can get 1000 potash far faster now than I could before, just by running around a few areas. The change is positive, but you have to get over the fact you can no longer DOR TRANSMUTATE for hours on end and fill your rift.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Puxi said:
    #murderedbywords
    He was... wordered ?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• If he doesn't feel like a proper dickhead after Ronwe's post, nothing will do the trick.

• So, first and foremost, let me just say this: I'm a software engineer by trade, I appreciate the effort and work that goes into designing, developing, and implementing new systems that replace old ones. I also appreciate that with everything that went into this change, there was probably a lot of cross-approval for stuff needed( Creating the event that explained IC reasons, for example ). So thank you for all the work you put into this Ronwe.

That being said, I've been mulling over these changes for a bit now. I only found out last night that they were implemented when my mineral stockpiles started running low - I've not played in quite a while now. I figured "Eh, I'll go out, grab some primes, bring myself back up to 500 each, and be on my merry way." That's when I discovered the synthesis to transmutation change.

My initial reaction was a somber one. I used to enjoy prime gathering and synthesizing in a lab, and now that aspect had been removed from my character. Still, I figured I'd give it a whirl and see how I liked it. In short: I don't. At all.

I know I'm going to be told it's a buff, but it doesn't feel like it. The numbers may be there to support it, but sometimes empirical data and user experience just do not line up. It feels like Harvesting 2.0 with a special little transmute bow tied on it, and to be blunt, I don't want that. I'd much rather Harvesting get a buff to bring the price of plants down to mineral levels and Synthesis stay as it were than this.

I realize all the work put into the new system isn't going to just be chucked out the window, and to a degree it shouldn't, but I'm just really not digging it so far. (Pun intended)