Mudlet + Gaming Keypad

I have a Logitech gaming keypad that I've been playing with recently, and have managed to get some basic combat aliases set up on it. However, so far I've been unable to get Mudlet to directly recognize a keystroke from the keypad. This prevents me from setting up keys in Mudlet.

I've been able to work around this by creating aliases in Mudlet, and then programming that alias into the keypad with the Logitech configuration software. This works, but it's a bit kludgey and (in my opinion) overcomplicates things.

Is it possible to get Mudlet to recognize input from the keypad, so I can send keystrokes straight to Mudlet and not have to worry about configuring the Logitech software?

Comments

• Zbaco said:
    I have a Logitech gaming keypad that I've been playing with recently, and have managed to get some basic combat aliases set up on it. However, so far I've been unable to get Mudlet to directly recognize a keystroke from the keypad. This prevents me from setting up keys in Mudlet.

I've been able to work around this by creating aliases in Mudlet, and then programming that alias into the keypad with the Logitech configuration software. This works, but it's a bit kludgey and (in my opinion) overcomplicates things.

Is it possible to get Mudlet to recognize input from the keypad, so I can send keystrokes straight to Mudlet and not have to worry about configuring the Logitech software?
    Pretty sure that was something in the works. Your best bet would be configuring the logitech software. You could set your aliases up to use keybinds too if you like, and have it send those keystrokes instead.

• QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    It is something that's already in the works and I think currently being tested. @Vadimuses could probably help you with getting that test version to test it as I am sure that you would be one of the people he would want testing it with that setup.

• I also have a Logitech game pad G13 gamepad that I could help test with.
  • Puxi said:
    I also have a Logitech game pad G13 gamepad that I could help test with.
    Heh, better watch out next time you raid Cyrene, it'll be the battle of the gamepads :D

• Ha! I used mine for a while when I first came back, I mostly liked it for movement since my keyboard doesn't have a 10 key, but it was just too inconvenient to bind stuff to.

If support were to be added, I'd probably try again though.
  • I used it with a G12 in the early mullet days.
    I needed to configure the Logitech keys to emulate key binds that mudlet does recognise, like ALT-F1, then create the equivalent keybinds in mudlet.

• I'm doing something similar I think, just with aliases. Ideally I'd definitely like to see some tighter integration with the client in order to streamline the keybind process a bit.

• We have been working on gamepad support in Mudlet, but it was proving kinda difficult and it's not really working yet. You can try seeing if you can capture a keybind from a gamepad key though.
  • The Logitech software should let you assign keystroke combinations to the gamepad keys, which will then be able to trigger mudlet keybindings.

That's how I use my g510 to play Achaea, at least.
  • Nazihk said:
    The Logitech software should let you assign keystroke combinations to the gamepad keys, which will then be able to trigger mudlet keybindings.

That's how I use my g510 to play Achaea, at least.
    How's that now?  I have been using a version of the G510 (think it used to be a G15?) for 10 years or so.  Always just make aliases and then have it mapped to the G-keys or whatever. 

Is this easier / more versatile?  54 macros is simply not enough.

• I did it awhile back with an xbox controller on windows, I think I used joytokey to do it. It's not that hard to setup.

• Zulah said:
    I did it awhile back with an xbox controller on windows, I think I used joytokey to do it. It's not that hard to setup.

Yeah joytokey is great. Even used it before for gamecube controller to play Rivals of Aether/Melee.