High Clan Totems

13»

Comments

• Should be an RP story arc where Xith forcibly attempts to assume control of Moghedu to implant his totems.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    50 Shades of Moghedu?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Shallam does not have guards??

I thought all the denizens loyal to New Hope would keel me if I started causing trouble.

All this time.. such a shame.
  • Cahin said:
    Xith said:
    Most Moghedans aren't on par with the city guards or quantity of citizens present in a city. And we can't station them in specific places, so the totems are fairly likely to be vandalised anyway. All it takes is the smudging of a wunjo rune to render them useless.

I'm not saying it'll be cut and dry, but totems in cities can't usually be smudged or uprooted because of guards and active defenders. I actually don't know if people are enemied to a city for attacking its protectorate, but even if they were, that denizen city wouldn't fall within the city's jurisdiction so toteming wouldn't be advisable. In GoM's case though, the clan was founded around this denizen city itself.
    Basically, any military actions they take will be in line with social and political goals. If it comes to totems, it'll be within the guidelines.
    Mog is not your city state just because you have a high clan mutually allied.  You need to get this through your head.
    I'm pretty sure that was the point of my entire post. Mog isn't a city-state or a protectorate of one. Thanks for the summation though.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Xith said:
    Cahin said:
    Xith said:
    Most Moghedans aren't on par with the city guards or quantity of citizens present in a city. And we can't station them in specific places, so the totems are fairly likely to be vandalised anyway. All it takes is the smudging of a wunjo rune to render them useless.

I'm not saying it'll be cut and dry, but totems in cities can't usually be smudged or uprooted because of guards and active defenders. I actually don't know if people are enemied to a city for attacking its protectorate, but even if they were, that denizen city wouldn't fall within the city's jurisdiction so toteming wouldn't be advisable. In GoM's case though, the clan was founded around this denizen city itself.
    Basically, any military actions they take will be in line with social and political goals. If it comes to totems, it'll be within the guidelines.
    Mog is not your city state just because you have a high clan mutually allied.  You need to get this through your head.
    I'm pretty sure that was the point of my entire post. Mog isn't a city-state or a protectorate of one. Thanks for the summation though.

Your IMPLIED point I guess?
  • Yes. Contrasting them with cities the whole time. I would think "Moghedu is not city-state" was evident.
    But @Cahin gets a promotion from Captain to Admiral for his valuable service to the readers.

• Better obvious than oblivious.

• Yeah, better orange than orangutan.

But back on topic, the old pk rules and things don't exist, so who would be held responsible for an "illegal" totem? The owner or the implanter? I'd perceive the attacker as being the person for whom it is tuned.
  • The owner. If the totem was put there to specifically grief one person and the implanter was aware of this, then they're both responsible.

If Moghedu gets totemed up though, it will take like ten minutes before we descend upon it with 10-15 people and steal all the totems.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited February 2013
    I've watched the last couple pages go from bad to worse. Xith, just stop, you're making a fool of yourself because you're the only one arguing for this while almost everyone else disagrees.

The justification that the admin can increase their workload and oversee your totem placement is shoddy and obviously hasn't been thought through. The volunteer admin shouldn't have to spend their time making sure that your totems don't violate rules. Not only that, the simplified PK rules do not have loopholes, nor do they allow for your own personal interpretation to play any factor whatsoever. They are your guidelines to follow so that you might not get shrubbed when the admin reading over the issue interprets those rules. If you have a question about them, I suggest that you send an email to support@achaea.com, Lathis, or use the ISSUE ME command.

The PK rules are not ambiguous. They're pretty clear cut. Don't be a jerk. Your high clan may be an organization and it may be allied to Moghedu, but Shallam never put totems down in Jaru, and Ashtan never put totems in Thera, Rigath, or the Vents. As far as I know, Mhaldor never put totems in Blackrock. GoM is an organization allied to Moghedu, not part of or the owners of Moghedu.

That last bit being said, no to this whole idea and no to GoM being able to plant a single totem in Moghedu.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited February 2013

Tvistor
     said:
    The owner. If the totem was put there to specifically grief one person and the implanter was aware of this, then they're both responsible.

If Moghedu gets totemed up though, it will take like ten minutes before we descend upon it with 10-15 people and steal all the totems.

I take it you're in favour of it, then?

Jonathin said:
    That last bit being said, no to this whole idea and no to GoM being able to plant a single totem in Moghedu.
    Objection! I can think of a one room where nobody could possibly object the GoM having a totem at!
  • a) High clan totems were approved a while back.
    b) I don't expect the admin/divine to do anything that it doesn't make sense for them to do.
    c) One of the first things I said regarding the Moghedu thing is that if we implant there, it's all on us. Already acknowledged they would be messed with and that would again be something we'd have to face.

The only thing I've been arguing is that it probably isn't going to be ruled overwhelmingly in one direction that they can't be used to defend certain areas. It's all fair game. There is a time consumption issue in a totem war, but I don't see that being an ooc/mechanical concern.

From HELP PK
    "1. There must be a justifiable role-play reason for every attack and death."

"If players are repeatedly attacking others with no justification whatsoever,
    this is the point at which the administration should be involved. Carefully
    review HELP ISSUES and then submit an issue according to the procedure
    described therein."

GoM being a high clan (one with an IC role), everything it does is part of the roleplay. Justifiable role-play is there. I've gone over the implications of the denizen alliance file already.

I keep seeing "contested areas" mentioned though and don't know what that means.