Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Stockings!

1235»

Comments

  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,178Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'm looking for harness enchantment if anyone wants to sell one!

  • HalosHalos San FranciscoPosts: 1,432Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You have been awarded with The gem for a brooch of the tempest talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a luxurious black top hat, 1915 gold sovereigns, a group of 27 valerian leaves, and a group of 8 steel bars inside!

  • KayleKayle Posts: 81Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Thanks to @Cooper @Kasa @Sobriquet and a few others I was able to complete my pendant and the air elemental. Now to put these 8 ice figurines to good use
    SobriquetNyneve
  • IsmayIsmay Posts: 311Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    You have been awarded with The lightning for an Air Elemental talisman piece!
    You open a fancy stocking and find a phial of shimmering permanent ink and a group of 18 goldenseal roots inside!

    You have been awarded with The gem for a brooch of the tempest talisman piece!
    You open a fancy stocking and find a phial of shimmering permanent ink and a group of 12 pieces of rope inside!

    You have been awarded with The binding for an Air Elemental talisman piece!
    You open a fancy stocking and find a phial of shimmering permanent ink and a group of 13 pieces of rope inside!

    You have been awarded with The teeth for a warblefish's jawbone talisman piece!
    You open a fancy stocking and find an elegant diamond vial and 1659 gold sovereigns inside!

    You have been awarded with Some tears of the sea talisman piece!
    You open a fancy stocking and find a phial of shimmering permanent ink and a group of 17 goldenseal roots inside!


    Doesn't seem like I did too badly, considering that I actually wanted a couple more perm tattoos.

    Kayle
  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,178Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If those are regular stockings, that is hella good.

  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,178Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Oh, those are fancy. I'd still be happy with that, especially because I need more perma tattoos.

    Ismay
  • ActonActon Posts: 8Member
    Opted for 1 fancy stocking 2 regular this time around (I'm not getting addicted, I promise!)


    You have been awarded with The phial for some tears of the sea talisman piece!

    You have been awarded with The binding for an Air Elemental talisman piece!

    You open a fancy stocking and find a phial of shimmering permanent ink and 170 gold sovereigns inside!


    You have been awarded with The flame for a fire pendant talisman piece!

    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 Lucrescent nuts, a wooden box of parts, a wooden box of parts, 119 gold sovereigns, 1197 gold sovereigns, 184 gold sovereigns, 379 gold sovereigns, 669 gold sovereigns, a group of 11 steel bars, a group of 15 lobelia seeds, a group of 19 bloodroot leaves, and a group of 7 steel bars inside!


    You have been awarded with The setting for a brooch of the tempest talisman piece!

    You open a logosmas stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, a group of 5 Lucrescent nuts, 400 gold sovereigns, 418 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 coal pieces, a group of 12 coal pieces, and a group of 31 goldenseal roots inside!


    Pretty happy with the fancy stocking. Judging from this and Ismay's post it seems to have a super high chance to get an arty tattoo/vial. Might start getting the fancy ones instead.


  • SenaSena Posts: 3,850Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You actually got better value per dollar from the normal stockings rather than the fancy there.
  • ActonActon Posts: 8Member
    Did I? I know humgii and nuts are roughly 2cr each (apparently), and the talisman pieces seem to be worth ~30-35  credits together. Absolutely no idea on the wooden box parts though. But aren't perm tattoos 100cr and the 2 talismans from the fancy seem to be at least ~60cr collectively (?). I believe you if you say the regulars were more valuable per $ though, I don't really know the pricing of these at all.
  • SenaSena Posts: 3,850Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Box of parts trades in for 5cr (can potentially sell it for a bit more), nuts for 2. Humgii ticket average value is 3, if you spread your bets out right you can guarantee a minimum of ~2.3cr per ticket with 10, ~2.8 if you get some more.

    Counting the talisman pieces at redeem value and humgii tickets at 3 per, the fancy gave 144cr worth of prizes and the regular stockings gave 45 and 58 respectively.
    If you instead value humgii tickets at 2.5 and talisman pieces at 1/6 of the completed item's value (the complete redeem value split between 4 pieces; this tends to be closer to the actual selling price, but prices vary a lot), fancy was 160 and regular were 53 and 60.
    However you count it, with fancy being 3x the price but a bit less than 3x the value, the regulars came out slightly ahead (though only by 5-10%).

  • MinifieMinifie Posts: 1,148Member @ - Epic Achaean
    You have been awarded with The glyphs for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The glyphs for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!
     You have been awarded with The buckles for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!
    You open an extravagant stocking and find a fire pendant, a group of 5 Lucrescent nuts, 1409 gold sovereigns, 358 gold sovereigns, and a group of 7 wood commodities inside!
    TysandrDochitha
  • TiamatTiamat Posts: 27Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    You have been awarded with The insignia for an armoured charge tank talisman piece!

    You have been awarded with The buckles for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!

    You have been awarded with The buckles for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!

    You have been awarded with The binding for a sticky mud bomb talisman piece!

    You open an extravagant stocking and find Greater Stone of Wonder and a group of 10 pieces of rope inside!


    Now I just need to decide if I wanna pick up a Kris or Scepter 

  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,128Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Wow. Greater Stone of Wonder I like that! Free 2K sceptre!
  • CaelanCaelan Posts: 804Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    First 5 Grand stockings (someone said no-one has posted them, so here's mine)
    1. You have been awarded with The setting for a fire pendant talisman piece!
    2. You open a grand stocking and find a Ledolian Surcoat, a globe of shifting continents, an elegant diamond vial, 458 gold sovereigns, a group of 22 lobelia seeds, and a group of 9
    3. steel bars inside!
    4.  
    5. You have been awarded with The jewel for a fire pendant talisman piece!
    6. You open a grand stocking and find a fire pendant and a group of 16 lobelia seeds inside!
    7.  
    8. You have been awarded with The insignia for an armoured charge tank talisman piece!
    9. You open a grand stocking and find 20 Humgii betting tickets, 627 gold sovereigns, a group of 11 steel bars, and a group of 12 coal pieces inside!
    10.  
    11. You have been awarded with The blade for a mineral-crusted shovel talisman piece!
    12. You open a grand stocking and find a featureless ice figurine, a globe of shifting continents, a globe of shifting continents, a group of 5 balls of seftonium, 1637 gold sovereigns,
    13.  630 gold sovereigns, a group of 12 ginseng roots, a group of 12 steel bars, a group of 12 wood commodities, a group of 20 bloodroot leaves, and a group of 8 steel bars inside!
    14.  
    15. You have been awarded with The jewel for a fire pendant talisman piece!
    16. You open a grand stocking and find a Ledolian Surcoat, a globe of shifting continents, an elegant diamond vial, a group of 24 lobelia seeds, a group of 34 goldenseal roots, and a
    17. group of 9 wood commodities inside!

  • ZulahZulah Posts: 690Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Caelan said:
    First 5 Grand stockings (someone said no-one has posted them, so here's mine)
    1. You have been awarded with The setting for a fire pendant talisman piece!
    2. You open a grand stocking and find a Ledolian Surcoat, a globe of shifting continents, an elegant diamond vial, 458 gold sovereigns, a group of 22 lobelia seeds, and a group of 9
    3. steel bars inside!
    4.  
    5. You have been awarded with The jewel for a fire pendant talisman piece!
    6. You open a grand stocking and find a fire pendant and a group of 16 lobelia seeds inside!
    7.  
    8. You have been awarded with The insignia for an armoured charge tank talisman piece!
    9. You open a grand stocking and find 20 Humgii betting tickets, 627 gold sovereigns, a group of 11 steel bars, and a group of 12 coal pieces inside!
    10.  
    11. You have been awarded with The blade for a mineral-crusted shovel talisman piece!
    12. You open a grand stocking and find a featureless ice figurine, a globe of shifting continents, a globe of shifting continents, a group of 5 balls of seftonium, 1637 gold sovereigns,
    13.  630 gold sovereigns, a group of 12 ginseng roots, a group of 12 steel bars, a group of 12 wood commodities, a group of 20 bloodroot leaves, and a group of 8 steel bars inside!
    14.  
    15. You have been awarded with The jewel for a fire pendant talisman piece!
    16. You open a grand stocking and find a Ledolian Surcoat, a globe of shifting continents, an elegant diamond vial, a group of 24 lobelia seeds, a group of 34 goldenseal roots, and a
    17. group of 9 wood commodities inside!
    Wow all single pieces. Kinda surprised on that.
  • TiamatTiamat Posts: 27Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    You redeem Greater Stone of Wonder and receive a Sceptre of Aqueous Mastery.

    Actually was a hard choice, although...

    A Sceptre of Aqueous Mastery currently costs 10 crowns. It will trade in for 10 bound credits.
    Dochitha
  • RispokRispok Posts: 650Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Tiamat said:
    You redeem Greater Stone of Wonder and receive a Sceptre of Aqueous Mastery.

    Actually was a hard choice, although...

    A Sceptre of Aqueous Mastery currently costs 10 crowns. It will trade in for 10 bound credits.
    A sacrificial kris currently costs 10 crowns. It will trade in for 10 bound credits.

     Plus it got unlinked from Lupus.
  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 4,135Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Well His Order got disbanded didn’t it? I imagine his essence pool was changed when Crusades when in, win only healthy Gods having a pool to throw essence into.

    As for the trade in: that’s kind of hilarious for the scepter to be valued at 2000cr(which was wayyyyyy too high to begin with imo) but the actual value is 10!


    You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,244Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The talisman Sceptre is valued at 2000 credits. That's not what you get from the Greater Stone of Wonder; you just get the SoW item and they all tradein for 10 credits.
    Atalkez
  • DaironDairon Posts: 278Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Most wonders items have a default trade-in value of 10 credits, which is strange. Even stranger is that old wonders promotional talisman pieces won't redeem at all. 

    All said, 2000cr for the scepter is waaaaay overpriced, I agree.
  • CaelanCaelan Posts: 804Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited December 10
    Next 5: 

    You have been awarded with The links for an armoured charge tank talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The frame for an armoured charge tank talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with Some sticky mud talisman piece!
    You open a grand stocking and find Lesser Stone of Wonder and a group of 21 valerian leaves inside!

    You have been awarded with The jewel for a fire pendant talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The gem for a brooch of the tempest talisman piece!
    You open a grand stocking and find a prospector's guidebook and a group of 8 coal pieces inside!


    You have been awarded with The binding for a sticky mud bomb talisman piece!
    You open a grand stocking and find a phial of shimmering permanent ink and a group of 11 coal pieces inside!

    You have been awarded with The jewel for a fire pendant talisman piece!
    You open a grand stocking and find 25 credits, a globe of shifting continents, a worn whetstone, an ink-stained rose thorn, 1459 gold sovereigns, 178 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 
    coal pieces, a group of 13 bloodroot leaves, a group of 32 lobelia seeds, and a group of 9 steel bars inside!

    You have been awarded with The setting for a fire pendant talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The binding for an Air Elemental talisman piece!
    You open a grand stocking and find a prospector's guidebook and a group of 18 goldenseal roots inside!


    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 19 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 4320 gold sovereigns, a group of 26 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!

  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,128Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited December 11
    Okay so for the last 2-3 extravagants that I pull, almost got the same drops that I already have. That's also probably why everyone's stuck looking for the same piece. My frustration again, is that I've been trying to pull what I need but it looks like the price I have forked out would have been enough to double pay anyone who has completed the set I want, and now I am hesitant to continue pulling extravagants. I kinda think it'd be good if we can have a personal modifier to the chances to drop things that we are missing.
  • OzmatiahOzmatiah Posts: 51Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Dochitha said:
    Okay so for the last 2-3 extravagants that I pull, almost got the same drops that I already have. That's also probably why everyone's stuck looking for the same piece. My frustration again, is that I've been trying to pull what I need but it looks like the price I have forked out would have been enough to double pay anyone who has completed the set I want, and now I am hesitant to continue pulling extravagants. I kinda think it'd be good if we can have a personal modifier to the chances to drop things that we are missing.
    A personal modifier would be far to easy to exploit with a friend.
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,128Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited December 11
    Ozmatiah said:
    Dochitha said:
    Okay so for the last 2-3 extravagants that I pull, almost got the same drops that I already have. That's also probably why everyone's stuck looking for the same piece. My frustration again, is that I've been trying to pull what I need but it looks like the price I have forked out would have been enough to double pay anyone who has completed the set I want, and now I am hesitant to continue pulling extravagants. I kinda think it'd be good if we can have a personal modifier to the chances to drop things that we are missing.
    A personal modifier would be far to easy to exploit with a friend.
    Let them exploit if it makes more money. We already have friends that we check often to complete sets. Only thing is we are all after the same piece most of them time. It is getting lethargic. Is not a new problem. 
  • ProficyProficy Posts: 171Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I dont like that idea, only because then 1 person can jus mass buy and have a great chance of completing the entire set solo.
    Getting multiples of one piece may frustrate you, but might ne exactly what someone else is looking for. Remember you have to play the long game and maybe NOT complete it this round but wait for the next promo with that set. It keeps everyone from having everything instantly. If they modified your chance to get what you needed,  they might as well jus flat out sell the entire thing from the start.
    What could be done is (if it is not lile this already) make it so odd number of pieces dont populate. As in dont spawn a second of a set until all 4 pieces of the first set have been put out in rotation. So that way you know the piece you need is out there, but now it takes interaction and negotiations to complete, hopefully taking into consideration of redeemed pieces.... oh and retired or dormant players with pieces.
    Minifie
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,128Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Proficy said:
    I dont like that idea, only because then 1 person can jus mass buy and have a great chance of completing the entire set solo.
    Getting multiples of one piece may frustrate you, but might ne exactly what someone else is looking for. Remember you have to play the long game and maybe NOT complete it this round but wait for the next promo with that set. It keeps everyone from having everything instantly. If they modified your chance to get what you needed,  they might as well jus flat out sell the entire thing from the start.
    What could be done is (if it is not lile this already) make it so odd number of pieces dont populate. As in dont spawn a second of a set until all 4 pieces of the first set have been put out in rotation. So that way you know the piece you need is out there, but now it takes interaction and negotiations to complete, hopefully taking into consideration of redeemed pieces.... oh and retired or dormant players with pieces.
    Oh I like the latter idea. That works for me!
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,128Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    lol @Cooper! I like them as container.
1235»
Sign In to Comment.